Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

COVID Possible Cures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COVID Possible Cures
    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:41am
Okay, it's OFFICIAL.

Top French Virologists, along with other leading world Virologists, just did further research,

80 patients in ICU, suffering with Covid 19, patients described as being on their "final breaths", 
a staggering 79 of them survived, when given the cure.
One elderly person died.

So for those of you that dont know, for a medicine to be approved, it must successfully cure between 40% to 70%.

This cured an astonishing 99%.

You Tube is frantically removing videos about this, in one of the most evil criminal acts in history.
(arrests will certainly be made)

Folks, get the word out to family, friends, this IS the cure.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Jan 2024 at 1:03pm
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
Thanks for that Redemption
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:23pm

Pfizer has announced positive data for the use of its azithromycin (Zithromax) drug, along with hydroxychloroquine, in a coronavirus (Covid-19) clinical trial performed in France.

The trial was conducted to assess anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine in 20 patients, six of which were also administered with azithromycin.

Compared with 16 controls, the proportion of participants who achieved virologic cure following six days of treatments was observed to be higher in the 20 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine.

In addition, the rate of cure was highest in people who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Pfizer previously assessed azithromycin as an anti-infective alone and also in combination with other therapies, including chloroquine.

A fixed-dose azithromycin and chloroquine combination was specifically evaluated to treat and prevent malaria in Africa. The combination was found to be well-tolerable and non-inferior to mefloquine.

A separate study in pregnant women in sub-Saharan Africa showed that the combination did not meet efficacy endpoints as a preventive treatment for malaria but demonstrated an acceptable safety profile.

Commenting on the data, Pfizer said: “It is important to note that the doses Pfizer has studied with the combination of azithromycin and chloroquine in malaria may have a different safety profile than the recently reported study combining azithromycin with hydroxychloroquine.

“Pfizer would like to highlight these published studies to facilitate further research efforts to study azithromycin in combination with other agents to mitigate Covid-19 disease.”

Earlier this month, Pfizer announced a five-point strategy to fight the outbreak.

Meanwhile, the company has delayed patient enrolment in new and ongoing trials for three weeks to cut the burden on healthcare facilities and doctors amid the spreading Covid-19 pandemic.

The move will not include some studies in patients with life-threatening conditions that have limited or no therapeutic options, noted Reuters.

Eli Lilly also announced plans to delay its clinical trial activities in the wake of the pandemic.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:27pm

A combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin has been found effective in treating patients with the COVID-19 coronavirus, according to a study conducted by French researchers on 80 cases who recovered from the virus within six days of treatment.

The study was conducted by a team led by Didier Raoult of the IHU-Mediterranee Infection in France.

Out of the 80 patients who received a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, Raoult and his team found a clinical improvement in all but one patient, 86, who died. One 74-year-old patient was still in the ICU at the time the study was published.

Hydroxychloroquine is an anti-malarial and an anti-inflammatory used to treat auto-immune disorders such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, but it has been tried with some success against symptoms of the novel coronavirus.

Regionally, Bahrain is one of the first countries to test hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, having first used the drug on February 26, two days after registering its first case of the coronavirus.

Around the world, countries are expanding access to hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, related compounds that are synthetic forms of quinine, which come from cinchona trees and have been used for centuries to treat malaria.

“We confirm the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine associated with azithromycin in the treatment of COVID-19 and its potential effectiveness in the early impairment of contagiousness,” the French researchers said in their study’s conclusion.

“Given the urgent therapeutic need to manage this disease with effective and safe drugs and given the negligible cost of both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, we believe that other teams should urgently evaluate this therapeutic strategy both to avoid the spread of the disease and to treat patients before severe irreversible respiratory complications take hold,” the researchers added.

There is still debate among medical experts regarding the use of chloroquine as a treatment. The World Health Organization has not approved the use of chloroquine for coronavirus symptomatic treatment. In the United States, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is currently studying a way to make the drug available for emergency use, but in a way that gives the government data about whether it is safe and effective.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 2:59pm
That's correct Gay.

Hi PT.

LOL
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:02pm
Just to rub it in,,,,

Its unpatentable and it was discovered by Nazi Germany in 1934,, Hans Andersag.

No wonder the ABC doesnt want to mention it.
LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:39pm
Watch from the 25 minute mark.

79 out of the 80 survived with the cure. Remarkable.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Treatment not cure. Big difference.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
Big difference, yes, but to see some in the media and elsewhere (!) cursorily dismiss it, just because Trump promoted it, is pretty pathetic. Plus doctors in US are using it and authorities had to crack down on doctors prescribing it multiple times for their family members. It's obviously not snake oil. More of a stop-gap for now.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:21pm
What supplies are available, or could easily be manufactured, of these miracle substances ? Reckon that litigation fears would prevent a lot of experimental treatments, unless watertight indemnities were available.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:58pm
Yes the litigation aspect is a worry of course. You'd have to ask Redemption about the rest. To be fair, nobody (except her maybe) has said they are "miracle substances" - just probably useful at the moment.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
FWIW (and wait for the usual suspects to jump on me for saying it), my dad and brother are doctors and they've both been looking into the drugs and both say get it happening sooner rather than later. The pros dar outweigh the cons, which are basically just worries about people self-medicating.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:02pm
*far
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:31pm
[QUOTE=stayer] Yes the litigation aspect is a worry of course. You'd have to ask Redemption about the rest. To be fair, nobody (except her maybe) has said they are "miracle substances" - just probably useful at the moment.

REDEMPTION has to stop calling this group of vaccines CURES . They aren't.

They are vaccines that strengthen the immune system.    Most of us have had a taste of them already , by way of our Flu Shots.

A possible help , they are Stayer and better than nothing.

Your medical family would explain all that to you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:35pm
To fully cure 79 out of 80 patients, actually completely eclipses other medicines, for other diseases and viruses. (its a treatment AND Cure)

This is UNPATENTABLE, so there are many many self-serving selfish medical people, swanning around, p#ssed off that they wont make money off this, nor get their name in lights.

I have personally heard the staggering amount of egomaniac behaviour going on in Australian research world, from my friend, and frankly, they should be criminally charged.

This cure, is basically like Panadol and Aspirin.
Its $5 bucks.
Its in a box like Panadol.

For every life lost from now, is a total waste. It shouldnt happen.

Here is a message I got from my Hungarian friend, to my phone, she is a Virologist in Melbourne.
It sums up what she is going through.
She is very very angry at people behind closed doors.

"The big difference between Hungarian trained doctors and Australian ones, is Hungarian Doctors are always trying to find solutions, even if it means using unorthodoxed ones.
In comparison, Australian doctors always follow protocol, right through to the END, even if that means the END of a patients life".

That sums it up beautifully, and basically slams even the appalling attitude the likes of PT have shown on here.
They are essentially borderline criminals, and unbelievably passive aggressive.
Total scum. With NO SOLUTIONS.

Trump chose WISELY.
And its VERY important to note, the cure came from FRANCE, not Trump.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:39pm
Yes and dad said something simple that's worth repeating - these drugs won't help people whose immune systems are already stuffed, but might help healthier people build up immunity in their systems.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:39pm
Oh give us a break   Wacko
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:42pm
That reply of mine was to macca, but Redemption you might find it interesting that my old dad said something similar to your virologist friend, while my brother said more along the lines of speed up the clinical tests. Different medical educations/ mindsets.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Oh give us a break   Wacko

Was that to me? We should really be able to quote texts directly above to avoid confusion, but any way.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Yes and dad said something simple that's worth repeating - these drugs won't help people whose immune systems are already stuffed, but might help healthier people build up immunity in their systems.

Exactly Stayer ...   The old and vulnerable he refers to and we are GONE if we get it but same applies to 1500 to 3000 a year from the usual flu strains ..   Even if we get the vaccine every year our immune system is like our bodies = old , worn out and doesn't have the same resistance.

BROOK wake up and PIZZ that word cure out of your posts. You must eventually understand your subject.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:50pm
No, a number of cross posts Stayer.

My Wacko was unsurprisingly directed to Redemption's long and Clown-like post.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:51pm
Ok all good.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Exactly Stayer ...   The old and vulnerable he refers to and we are GONE if we get it but same applies to 1500 to 3000 a year from the usual flu strains ..   Even if we get the vaccine every year our immune system is like our bodies = old , worn out and doesn't have the same resistance.

BROOK wake up and PIZZ that word cure out of your posts. You must eventually understand your subject.

Something you might find interesting, macca. My dad is a waaaay more trustworthy doctor than my brother. He's honestly never gotten a diagnosis wrong, because he has a huge amount of knowledge, experience and raw intelligence in his head, while making it a point to stay up to date. My brother, on the other hand, just follows medical trends and practices, and you wouldn't trust him to diagnose a broken leg. Dad retired last year at the age of 83, spending the last 20 or so years in Veterans Affairs, and on retirement he got a big send-off and a letter from a big shot in Canberra that he has put in a cheap frame on the kitchen wall. And he's just a quietly spoken man who devoted himself to medicine.
He's never liked nurses though.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 10:16pm
That's a good post Stayer.     Doctors and Nurses are like any other group . The very good & the very bad.   Doctors spend minutes with a patient and nurses spend 24/7 --- So good nurses are the right arm of a good Doctor.
Nurses should never play Doctor ------ Like I've had to take a few things on myself , like administering Diazepam without an MO instruction but I will write a note to his Doctor and explain my using discretion. That is quite professional and correct.    I had no access & a 3 day appointment wait.
Plus his Doctor will be pleased when I pass on some facts ...   Like hadn't eaten or slept in several days , caused his collapse ..   A good Diazepam induced settler & sleep and some "tucker" saw big improvement .
Doesn't mean his MO won't continue on with the good job in finding his ulcers , thyroid , ciliac by way of Pathology etc.      They cancelled his colonsocopy just days ago over non elective appointments.      You know what i'm saying ..
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 11:22pm
Yes. I get it.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:54am
The Cure....Great band
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:19am
Trump just announced live on You Tube, ten minutes ago,, 

"1100 people with Coronavirus are being treated with Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin".

DARE you to show that speech lamestream media SCUMBAGS.

Emperor Trump, Australia salutes you.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:13pm
reductio ad absurdum
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:54pm
Is he Hungarian ?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:31pm
doggone, "only in America", Satan, be outta here !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>