Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Betfair Smarties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Betfair Smarties
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
I quite often see odds sneak out bit by bit on favored runners early on betfair with just the minimum $5 stake on offer if you want to get overs. The Sheep follow suit TAB / corporates then bang almost simultaneously the odds shorten with the corps as the bait is swallowed. 
My theory is theres smarties pushing the odds out on Betfair till they get the value then taking the overs off the TAB and Corps then perhaps re laying at unders.  
Clever 
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
There's no question that befair is manipulated.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:23am
Trading is the name of the bookie game now days.
Betfair probably the biggest trader on there.

When you see over 100 million wagered on a cricket game,   WHAT a smorgasboard for them.
WHITE BOOKERS:- Spanish Reef, Bring Me Roses, Grunt, Cliff's Edge, Prairie Fire,   
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
All's fair with that, I think at one stage it was admitted that people are contracted to improve the market % and pad it out a bit, when the betting interest on the race is limited. A better indication of the true market would be, say, what odds would you get backing every runner simultaneously to take out even as little as $1000. It would exceed 110% a lot of the time, I suspect, in races away from the city.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic