Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The ABC Wets its Pants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

He chain-smoked and drunk like a fish for 40 years, but yeh, lets ignore that.......

Thanks Doctor Subbie ... you mix in a wide range of circles ... you seem to know Radical Islamic Terrorists as intimately as you know Racist Cartoonists ... I reckon you're having a lend of us ... again!Wink

You do realise that there is medication that allows you to smoke and drink until you are a hundred!

STRESS is what brings most fatal heart attacks on ... Shocked
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Who is Michael Brull and why should I care what he thinks? Confused
Thumbs Up
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

He chain-smoked and drunk like a fish for 40 years, but yeh, lets ignore that.......

Thanks Doctor Subbie ... you mix in a wide range of circles ... you seem to know Radical Islamic Terrorists as intimately as you know Racist Cartoonists ... I reckon you're having a lend of us ... again!Wink

You do realise that there is medication that allows you to smoke and drink until you are a hundred!

For someone that tells others to use google regularly, you struggle to apply it to yourself when others bring up points.....
he was a drug user, heavy smoker and heavy drinker. FACT.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:26pm

Whale, all you need to know is that free speech is an absolute but exclusive right of the bedwetters on the right.....just ask Yasmin 

You crack me up PTLOL ... you really do have a perverse, twisted perspective on EVERYTHING!

Yasmin is a high profile media darling of the left, who made a conscious decision to abused her position of power, to make a biased politicised statement, and intentionally insult the culture of a nation ... she should have been deported.

This bloke, who nobody knew, made an inappropriate comment that should have effected nobody ... he should have been ignored and allowed to disappear back into anonymity.

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:28pm

Whale, all you need to know is that free speech is an absolute but exclusive right of the bedwetters on the right.....just ask Yasmin 

<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">You crack me up PT</span>LOL ... you really do have a perverse, twisted perspective on EVERYTHING!

Yasmin is a high profile media darling of the left, who made a conscious decision to abused her position of power, to make a biased politicised statement, and intentionally insult the culture of a nation ... she should have been deported.

This bloke, who nobody knew, made an inappropriate comment that should have effected nobody ... he should have been ignored and allowed to disappear back into anonymity.

here here.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:30pm
hear hear ?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:31pm

Same as Yasmin? You guys had never heard of her either......your hypocrisy is getting way too obvious these days......

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:35pm

For someone that tells others to use google regularly, you struggle to apply it to yourself when others bring up points.....
he was a drug user, heavy smoker and heavy drinker. FACT.

Try reading before posting, I'm getting tired of explaining everything twice for dummies!

... I didn't deny his vices ... they are mine too! Tongue 

... every time I see the quack, he simply increases my meds, and says "try to lose a bit of weight, but importantly AVOID STRESS!"

Drinking, smoking and a bit of the hooch wont kill you ... STRESS IS THE KILLER ... it will get you even if you are a non-smoking teetotaler! Dead
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:37pm

You crack me up PTLOL ... you really do have a perverse, twisted perspective on EVERYTHING!

Tell Nick Cato that Quadrant Magazine he is on the board is insignificant or the Governors General. Prime Ministers High Court justices and other luminaries mostly of the conservative side of politics who have contributed to it that it is insignificant. Nick Cato certainly took it seriously apologising unreservedly on the ABC on Monday night
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:39pm

Would you and cabo still hold that opinion had some psychotic acted on the "journalist's" recommendation? 

Particularly given there's probably as many screwed up right wingers out there as there are similarly affected lefties in Oz.  

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:39pm

Same as Yasmin? You guys had never heard of her either......your hypocrisy is getting way too obvious these days......

... are you serious? ... Yasmin was the unhinged lying Muslim who stood up and had a fight with that other idiot Jacky Lambie, and claimed that "Islam is the most feminist religion"Confused ... she's a long term parasite sucking on the public tit, who then spits in our eye.

Do you live in a cave?Wacko 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Would you and cabo still hold that opinion had some psychotic acted on the "journalist's" recommendation? 

Particularly given there's probably as many screwed up right wingers out there as there are similarly affected lefties in Oz.  

Yes, that is a major issue in society today, "Radical Conservative Terrorism" ... Confused

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:03pm
[
Try reading before posting, I'm getting tired of explaining everything twice for dummies!

... every time I see the quack, he simply increases my meds, and says "try to lose a bit of weight, but importantly AVOID STRESS!"

Drinking, smoking and a bit of the hooch wont kill you ... STRESS IS THE KILLER ... it will get you even if you are a non-smoking teetotaler! Dead
[/QUOTE]

That is why you are posting such rubbish, keep hoping medication can make you live till 100.

The health warnings on cigarette packets are  unecessary according to our world expert Dr E Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

[

That is why you are posting such rubbish, keep hoping medication can make you live till 100.

The health warnings on cigarette packets are  unecessary according to our world expert Dr E Confused
[/QUOTE]
Don't be silly Whale, drinking , smoking and drug taking are not good for you, and can all lead to ill health ... and the big drug companies rely on us becoming ill, so they can then turn us into junkies and keep us alive until we are 100 ... a dead junkie is bad for business you know, so DON'T STRESS!!!Cry

... and surely, you and the dummies, are the only ones who need the warnings on packets.Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:22pm
I went to the chemist today for cold and flu tablets.  The girl asked me twice if I am on any medication I said no, then the chemist asked me, as if they did not believe me or it is a rarity. I was very surprised and it  made me think about our modern lifestyle , it is  a sad commentary  that a majority of people over say 50 are on some drugs, mainly self imposed conditions . Sure most ailments such as high blood pressure , cholesterol etc can be controlled by medication but isn't it better not to need the drugs in the first place ?
The city in Japan that has the highest % of centenarians in the world practise eating only till 80% full then stopping rather than stuffing their faces as we do in Western cultures.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:27pm

hear hear ?

noted.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:31pm

pure speculation and exageration. the comments need to be taken in context.

much like lathams coments about shoving words up julia bairds clacker wasnt an invitation for assault as julia baird foolishly suggested.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:59pm
It's incitement to violence, irrespective.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:07pm

if its that serious im sure the counter terrorism agency will investigate.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:23pm

I went to the chemist today for cold and flu tablets.  The girl asked me twice if I am on any medication I said no, then the chemist asked me, as if they did not believe me or it is a rarity. I was very surprised and it  made me think about our modern lifestyle , it is  a sad commentary  that a majority of people over say 50 are on some drugs, mainly self imposed conditions . Sure most ailments such as high blood pressure , cholesterol etc can be controlled by medication but isn't it better not to need the drugs in the first place ?
The city in Japan that has the highest % of centenarians in the world practise eating only till 80% full then stopping rather than stuffing their faces as we do in Western cultures.

Good to hear WhaleThumbs Up ... looks like we will be cherishing your pearls of wisdom for a while yet!Cry 

What you say is very true, but plenty of ailments are hereditary, and some are just inequitable bastards, like juvenile diabetes, which inexplicably struck two of my kids (but not the other two?Confused), and the big c that got my mate, aggressive throat cancer, didn't seem fair for a bloke who had never smoked his whole life! ... just 2 examples, plenty of others ... but the wonders of medical science is keeping us alive longer than ever before (whether we can afford it or not!). 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

if its that serious im sure the counter terrorism agency will investigate.

Just a "lone wolf", wouldn't be too worried about him ...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 11:32pm

I'll bet I spilt more grog than he drank Sub. and have smoked more for than 70 years.
That's an ill informed statement my friend and I can assure you there are dozens of more lung problems out there much worse than smoking .

Asbestos , Saw dust , Metal grinding , Coal dust , Spray painting , cat/dog hair , Exhaust Fumes ( especially in high rise areas of cities. The list is never ending.

The war on smokers is more a revenue for Government than a health issue =      Smokers are called the Tax Cows and will get slugged 10 billion this year alone .
I love it when every ailment is put down to smoking, to a stage where the 2 nd hand smoke is now bothering the do gooders in Community Title living .     By laws to say people can't smoke in their own home .
Give us a break ,   If you drive a motor vehicle or use any other motor , You are as bad as any smoker.
( It is a costly , filthy pleasure / unnecessary habit I ADMIT )
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:08am
[Q
Good to hear WhaleThumbs Up ... looks like we will be cherishing your pearls of wisdom for a while yet!Cry 

What you say is very true, but plenty of ailments are hereditary, and some are just inequitable bastards, like juvenile diabetes, which inexplicably struck two of my kids (but not the other two?Confused), and the big c that got my mate, aggressive throat cancer, didn't seem fair for a bloke who had never smoked his whole life! ... just 2 examples, plenty of others ... but the wonders of medical science is keeping us alive longer than ever before (whether we can afford it or not!). 
[/QUOTE]

not necessarily, as you know you can live an extremely healthy life and be struck down suddenly, as many are including my sister. And there are many like your 2 daughters who have bad luck with conditions and are blameless. I am talking about a large % of the rest who bring it upon themselves, dare I say you are one of them.  Not judging just saying it is a sad commentary on the unnaturalness and self indulgence of today's life in affluent countries, we make ourselves ill and our lives are prolonged by the miracle of modern drugs. As you say the drug companies love it
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:45am
DR E telling us not to stress......that is gold......
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:46am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I'll bet I spilt more grog than he drank Sub. and have smoked more for than 70 years.
That's an ill informed statement my friend and I can assure you there are dozens of more lung problems out there much worse than smoking .

Asbestos , Saw dust , Metal grinding , Coal dust , Spray painting , cat/dog hair , Exhaust Fumes ( especially in high rise areas of cities. The list is never ending.

The war on smokers is more a revenue for Government than a health issue =      Smokers are called the Tax Cows and will get slugged 10 billion this year alone .
I love it when every ailment is put down to smoking, to a stage where the 2 nd hand smoke is now bothering the do gooders in Community Title living .     By laws to say people can't smoke in their own home .
Give us a break ,   If you drive a motor vehicle or use any other motor , You are as bad as any smoker.
( It is a costly , filthy pleasure / unnecessary habit I ADMIT )

You are clearly the exception, Macca.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:19am
Not actually SUB ...   I did work in Hospitals all my work life and shouldn't be making any excuse for anything that is clearly not good for you .     But smoking is very much exaggerated .
Filthy in the days when restaurants & crowded areas were a fog but today I feel they are really over the top about it.
I came from a very large family .   Mum had 8 Sisters and they all bred like rabbits with no mechanical aids back then .
Strange , but the clean living , well adjusted , workers seemed to die young while us smoking , pizz pots lived forever.
The quick & silent killer I've noted with my experience is the dreaded Melanoma .      . Many go undetected and the death gets put down to smoking ( usually )   ....     get those nasty darkening irregular shaped skin blemishes looked at . ( on the back for many men . ) so hard to see. If not removed , it's all over in very short time .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:33am

DR E telling us not to stress......that is gold......

What a dribbler ... just ignore how wrong and pointless your other uninformed comments were, and then bounce back and try to outdo yourself ... WINNER!Clap

For what it's worth, I will repeat myself, one more time for the dummies.

I'm not suggesting anyone should stress or not stress, just warning that it's the real killer, not all those other things, but they will contribute. 

Feel free to stress your head off subbie!Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:44am
Dr E ===     Sub . only stresses when his old fuel guzzler is belching fumes into the environment on his Muslim clients tours.

They don't partake in the evil demon or puff the funny weed so unlike cows , they leave it to their transport to give the surrounds a bleaching .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:01am

[Q

not necessarily, as you know you can live an extremely healthy life and be struck down suddenly, as many are including my sister. And there are many like your 2 daughters who have bad luck with conditions and are blameless. I am talking about a large % of the rest who bring it upon themselves, dare I say you are one of them.  Not judging just saying it is a sad commentary on the unnaturalness and self indulgence of today's life in affluent countries, we make ourselves ill and our lives are prolonged by the miracle of modern drugs. As you say the drug companies love it
[/QUOTE]

I feel very uncomfortable agreeing with you Whale (you probably feel the sameLOL), but when you talk sense, you make it very hard! ... the ones I have an issue with (and i will be judgmental) are the lazy obese type 2 diabetics. It is a disease that is entirely reversible with exercise and sensible eating in the vast majority of cases ... they call it an "epidemic", but it is simply a symptom of our "entitled victim" mentality ... "oh, I'm unwell, it's my diabetes, i need my tablets/injection ... oh, and some more cake please!" ... no, you need to get up off your fat lazy ass and walk past the lollies and chips, to the fruit and vegie section at Woolies!!! ... especially annoying when my kids will likely die if they miss their insulin injections for any extended period, regardless of how healthy they live ... 

As for recreational drugs, smoking and alcohol (which are just two legal recreational drugs anyway), these are indulgences that have always been part of human history from the time they were discovered ... has drinking kava in Fiji or chewing betel nuts in PNG or smoking gunja in the West Indies, etc.,  been responsible for shortening life expectancy historically for those people? ... probably.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:10am
Image result for bill leak wife
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic