Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Terry Kennedy.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terry Kennedy.
    Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 9:50am
=TAB-corp sycophant and A grade muppet.

Can't cop this bloke, fair dinkum, his cricket and football commentary on radio is a joke, now he thinks he is the worlds foremost on Australian racing, what a deluded clown he is.

This morning he went in to bat for P Moody over his comments on european stayers and how Australian trainers get more out of them, claiming that this was an incredibly important point, then went on to say, I know what the euro trainers will say.."oh but we have been doing it our way for 300 years sucessfully" hello moron, Side glance won your Group 1 MacKinnon, Mull Of Killough improved markedly when backed up and another run deeper into this prep would beat the A Grade bunch here. The bloke wouldn't have an original idea in his thick head, he goes into the dunce bin with Andrew Bensley and Matt Browning.

What a grub, wouldn't have a clue and simply sucks up to the TABcorp toe the line mentality.

A Grade muppet.

Dicky F.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 9:56am
Dick Francis would not be proud or your diction. 

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Dick Francis would not be proud or your diction. 

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:10pm
well lucky I am not familiar with this man nor do I intend to be, although having just watched the Moody interview, the spitting would have made a Callander proud but really he should have brushed up on how to pronounce Fiorente and that he did not in fact run 2nd in the Cox Plate... and perhaps steer clear of suggesting the out of form trainers from here would be oh so dominant over there. Full points to the reaction of the people interviewing him though - you can close your mouths now laddies LOL
to the victor
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:13pm
Is there a video on line of this Moody interview does anyone know...I've heard much about it without seeing it for myself.

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:14pm
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:16pm
Thanks...
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:19pm
No worries! I just saw it myself... I have no idea what started this outpouring of Moody's but it seems a tad melodramatic to me, like he's chucking all the toys out in a tantrum, what do you think? 
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:22pm
Deary me...what the hell..???

That was errrr...Moody please, why the outrage, and the comments on Gai improving Fiorente are garbage, Fiorente would of won last year with a better ride, he did not improve, he simply got the passage to win that he should of gotten last year, he was simply replicating his form from last year and got the right ride..

shake my head at Moody there, strike rate should be your worry Moods, don't be worried what the euro's are doing...deary me.

Gerald View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:29pm
How do Australian trainers do when they make the short journey to either New Zealand or Hong Kong?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:33pm
John Size seems to be doing alright pottering along LOL
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Gerald Gerald wrote:

How do Australian trainers do when they make the short journey to either New Zealand or Hong Kong?

Surprisingly they rarely chase valuable group 1s in New Zealand,  yet travel all the way to the UK for some reason.

reductio ad absurdum

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:39pm
Jeremy gask goes alright in the UK...

his comments on exchanging aussie trainers into the big yards over there are cluttered with hypothetical madness, for one, if you train there you have to use the surroundings you are gifted with and you'll by default adapt to the local style, the two styles are not interchangeable at all imo...

weird comments and why was he so angry...has he been reading paz or patsy fagans comments here I wonder..?

Shocked

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:42pm
has anyone seen what happened before this? did the other guys say something or... any idea what actually caused it?
to the victor
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:43pm
Starts as a thread to bag Terry Kennedy and everyone just lay into Moody.......with not a Pazman in sight.  LOL 
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:50pm
haha that's because Terry Kennedy is not very important to us... but really the video just landed on one of my pages and I don't remember it being shared. There could be any racing journo name in the title because they are all sycophants that steer away from any real issues. Paz has indeed cornered the market in Moody threads, but monopolies are unhealthy. 
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

haha that's because Terry Kennedy is not very important to us... but really the video just landed on one of my pages and I don't remember it being shared. There could be any racing journo name in the title because they are all sycophants that steer away from any real issues. Paz has indeed cornered the market in Moody threads, but monopolies are unhealthy. 

So true, and funny as hell...LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

has anyone seen what happened before this? did the other guys say something or... any idea what actually caused it?

Good point, I'd like to see the entire interview actually...bet it was a real hoot..
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:06pm
I aim to please! I would have to assume they poked him a tad too much and awoken the bear within 
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:09pm
Peter Moody bought it up without any prompting from those on the Summer360 panel.

It came out of the blue.

reductio ad absurdum

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:14pm
is that why they looked so dumbfounded?
to the victor
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 1:51pm
little man
Gerald View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 2:03pm
I've just watched the video for the first time.

I actually think Moody has a point.

One inaccuracy though, we don't send our third-rate stayers, we send our second-rate stayers.

He is right we underestimated Fiorente, because we reckoned we knew how good he was.

Also, trainers generally don't try horses over different distances, though Tony Morris has the view that horses are much more versatile distancewise than we give them credit for.  Two recent exceptions would be the chaser Kauto Star, who was effective 2m-3m+, lefthanded and righthanded tracks, flat and undulating tracks, and Nanton, who could run just as effectively in the 1m1f Cambridgeshire, 1m4f Mallard H'cap or 2m2f Cesarewitch.

I don't think ANYONE has ever said or suggested that European trainers are better than Australian ones though.

jimdog View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Dick Francis Dick Francis wrote:

=TAB-corp sycophant and A grade muppet.

Can't cop this bloke, fair dinkum, his cricket and football commentary on radio is a joke, now he thinks he is the worlds foremost on Australian racing, what a deluded clown he is.

This morning he went in to bat for P Moody over his comments on european stayers and how Australian trainers get more out of them, claiming that this was an incredibly important point, then went on to say, I know what the euro trainers will say.."oh but we have been doing it our way for 300 years sucessfully" hello moron, Side glance won your Group 1 MacKinnon, Mull Of Killough improved markedly when backed up and another run deeper into this prep would beat the A Grade bunch here. The bloke wouldn't have an original idea in his thick head, he goes into the dunce bin with Andrew Bensley and Matt Browning.

What a grub, wouldn't have a clue and simply sucks up to the TABcorp toe the line mentality.

A Grade muppet.

Dicky F.
cheers
jimdog View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 7:38pm
Dick give yourself an uppercut and a chill pill .Grub is a bit much ,you have to remember he has journo background who gets paid to give an opinion .A grub is way over the top.and supprisingly he has tipped a few winners lately.
cheers
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 7:54pm
TK occasionally gets it right...

but not this time,
ready2run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ready2run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2013 at 8:11pm
I was at a function 18 months ago where Peter Moody was the guest speaker and he rolled out the same tirade against European trainers which is a view held by many, many trainers in Australia, many of which have never even been out of the country so have never even witnessed the European training methods first hand.

I think our environment plays a huge part in the improvement of European horses, particularly stayers.

Sometimes a different environment will turn an angry or unhappy horse into a very happy horse and produce remarkable turnarounds in performance.   It's the mantra of most successful trainer in Australia currently (C Waller) "make them a happy horse and you will get the best out of them" - maybe our sunshine, beaches and paddock environment is what improves European 3rd raters into Group 1 horses not the specific skill of our trainers?
Tell the truth - there is less to remember
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic