Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Sydney's stuck in a hole.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sydney's stuck in a hole.
    Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:52pm
Compare Melbourne's racing today to that place Sydney town with grid lock traffic and the famous Oxford street, where the Mardi Gra is its biggest event in their callender year.  Just lucky Captain Cook parked in Botony Bay for a bit of a rest or it would be an insignificant coastal area today.   Now have a look at Melbourne, beautiful Melbourne, today absolutley superb, sun shining, excellent fields, little bit of give in the track and more importantly punters are cashed up and ready to attack the course, fantastic atmosphere today in the community.    Still it worries me with old Sydney town their leading up to their carnival and they have eight races today with a massive total of 61 runners with the 10am scratchings to come, Jesus Christ whats going on.?  Time to go back to their begginings with small fields like that and return their meetings back to Hyde Park I reckon.  How the fukc do they expect a punter to have a bet with a program like that.   Time Sydney pulled their finger out, Melbourne has been carrying Australian racing for far too long, one thing WA are battling along nicely and Queensland has one nostril out of water but Sydney, sadly they are falling at a fast rate........The Federal government should immediately step in and give the BIG V better tax breaks for all the hard work done by tax payers here by propping up N.S.W racing. 
P.S  Its only a matter of time now till Melbourne is the Icon of World racing, all they have to do is get rid of the drugs from some of the stables here.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:57pm
Agree re: Sydney Racing, taking a quaddie today that's it not worth punting in the individual races. Can't wait to get to Caulfield today! best racing state in the country by panels!!!
R.I.P Whobegotyou my little mate
snozzy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:03pm
naff off you filthy mexicans! lol
http://twitter.com/snozvr
VaDiM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:34pm
lol snozzy :) 
R.I.P Whobegotyou my little mate
kinsasha View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinsasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:08pm
foooools do you really believe that.. i thought better of you vad mate.. hands down rosehill best track in oz Ermm maybe
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by kinsasha kinsasha wrote:

foooools do you really believe that.. i thought better of you vad mate.. hands down rosehill best track in oz Ermm maybe

Rosehill is the best without a doubt
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:32am

Its harder to get to Rosehill than climb Mount Everest......in the daffodil end of the world.
Good luck.
kinsasha View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinsasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:41am
Originally posted by dennis dennis wrote:

Its harder to get to Rosehill than climb Mount Everest......in the daffodil end of the world.
Good luck.
what the... i just cross the road
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:48am
Slipper day is awesome but the weather has not been good in recent years.
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:19am
No doubt about it Melbourne has the best carnival racing and the best racing outside carnival time. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:20am
But Sydney will still have better 2yos Tongue
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:42am

Yes you are probably right but as I do not like 2yo racing much I wouldn't know. 

Sydney has the potential to be great, like Melbourne, but since I have been following, there is plenty of work to do to get up to the standard of Melbourne racing.

Melbourne...daylight...Sydney...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 5:58am
Sydney town have the best 2 year olds in the world cause they can't wait for a return.  This is why Australia have the best 1000 metre to 1100 metre racehorses in the world...... its a reflection of impatiance.
Good luck.
spleeep View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spleeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:53pm
Just throwing the lure out looking for that big bite hey Dennis? LOL
Am I gambling with more than my money? Probably...
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:06am
Not really falling asleep, I state the facts.
Good luck.
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:01am
 People in Sydney are to fixed on overpriced propertys and lifestles and dont bet anywhere near as much...If the moneys not there...well........
Glenmore View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:14am

Good luck.

Just catch a train and get off at the front gate--even a fool from Melbourne could manage that
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Glenmore Glenmore wrote:

Good luck.

Just catch a train and get off at the front gate--even a fool from Melbourne could manage that

Yeah Via cronulla riotsLOL
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 5:01am

Rosehill is miles miles away from the city, I had to change trains twice walk over bridges, change platforms, it was a marathon performance for me to finally arrive, really the track needs to be relocated closer to the city.....Compare Rosehill to Flemington, Moonee Valley and Caulfield all walking distance from the City.  Rosehill, its in the outback.  And if yous never had that rusty old American designed bridge no one would go there at all.

Good luck. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic