Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

"Sydney doesn't appreciate Black Caviar"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Sydney doesn't appreciate Black Caviar"
    Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:36pm
On TVN this morning they seemed to be saying that the TJ Smith is not set in stone for Black Caviar. There will be a meeting this week to sort out her program. Looks like we can forget about the All Aged. According to Richie Callander BC's owner was heard to say several times on Friday night that "Sydney doesn't appreciate Black Caviar".

What does that mean, do you think? Does he think BC's feelings will be hurt because there won't be enough salmon and black in the crowd? Or is it that the Sydney officials aren't prepared to jump through hoops to get her to race here? Brisbane apparently are prepared to do just that,being willing to move the BTC Cup to Eagle Farm from Doomben if she goes there. Personally if I was an owner or trainer in Brisbane I wouldn't be too happy about that, especially if my horse liked Doomben!

Don't you think this is all getting a bit ridiculous? After all what are we running here , a sport with rules regulations and traditions, or a venue for personal appearances by Black Caviar?
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:41pm
BC is a once in a lifetime horse ..... perhaps two lifetimes.  She has done for the sport what all promoters combined cannot do. She is the Queen and should be treated as such .......
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:46pm
Theyre going to Englund!
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 12:49pm
If they are thinking about not heading to Syd, that would only be to dodge the All Aged.

Because if she wins the TJ Smith, the pressure for her to line up in the All Age will be massive.
She won't line up against Pierro and All Too Hard, because they are not stiffs.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:01pm
Perhaps those who aren't as serially Sydney-centric as Baguette continues to be could provide an unbiased opinion or two.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Uluru View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uluru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:03pm
England, hmmm, why? For the prize money, better prize money here, to increase the value for her breeding career, not likely at this point, to breed with Frankel on the Northern Hemishere timetable? She will then skip a year to breed to Southern Hemishpere timetable.... hardly likely again.

She will go to Sydney and win, period.... she will go to Brisbane and win, she will retire undefeated and go to stud in Australia.

If the owners do anything else then they will be putting their own ego's ahead of the health and interests of their horse which will make the last 3 years all seem a bit fake.

I luv this horse but must admit I am over the conjecture!
Life's a Sham
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:07pm
It is becoming a circus act, take on pierro, mj hay list and co in the all aged or pi55 off overseas. To move race venue is a crock of gelatiee
Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

England, hmmm, why? For the prize money, better prize money here, to increase the value for her breeding career, not likely at this point, to breed with Frankel on the Northern Hemishere timetable? She will then skip a year to breed to Southern Hemishpere timetable.... hardly likely again.

She will go to Sydney and win, period.... she will go to Brisbane and win, she will retire undefeated and go to stud in Australia.

If the owners do anything else then they will be putting their own ego's ahead of the health and interests of their horse which will make the last 3 years all seem a bit fake.

I luv this horse but must admit I am over the conjecture!
dont worry mate, im sure she wont steal sham's thunder.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Perhaps those who aren't as serially Sydney-centric as Baguette continues to be could provide an unbiased opinion or two.

Is there anything untrue about what Baguette asked ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:35pm
Peter Moody seemed pretty sure on Saturday when interviewed on TVN that the TJ would be her next start. Baring unforeseen issues she will be in the TJ.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:36pm
Last week Pete was saying they haven't ruled out racing her next year
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Scarface View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:37pm
Used to love the mare, but they are doing their best to ruin her for me.

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:44pm
They'll keep her to WFA 1200m ! ,No point late in her career flogging her . She is winning these races well within herself without being asked for the supreme effort. I get the feeling the owners are after Kingston Town 's  Group1 record ,she only needs 1 more i think , that would be an enviable record , he was a superstar !
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:45pm
Baguette, you seem to be retailing gossip here. Richie Callender says this ... Neil Wherret was heard to say that. By whom, I wonder? We'll all find out soon enough.
Caesars Palace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:49pm
Talk around the races yesterday was they have asked for a staggering number of tickets and dining facilities at a track that has construction taking place and will only be partially open, the ATC has to cater for everyone, not just Black Caviar's owners.
I heard them say on the coverage on Friday there were 230 odd in the ownership group at the races at Moonee Valley.
Admittedly she is a huge drawcard but the owners seem to be out of control by all reports.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Scarface Scarface wrote:

Used to love the mare, but they are doing their best to ruin her for me.

I don't understand this comment - how are they ruining her and what would you do with her then?
The owners and the trainer are entitled to do whatever they want aren't they? I think they have done a great job
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Fine Fine wrote:

Baguette, you seem to be retailing gossip here. Richie Callender says this ... Neil Wherret was heard to say that. By whom, I wonder? We'll all find out soon enough.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:56pm

Exactly. Heresay about a (probably drunk) owner (allegedly) making an off the cuff remark and people getting all fizzed up. Why not wait and see what happens and then make your minds up?  It won't be vrery long.
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Ringlock Ringlock wrote:

Precisely. Was Callender at moonee Valley on Friday night? No. Did the owners say that to him? No. Believe Richie Callender? No,
Scarface View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:59pm
All the talk and discussion about her programme, sick of it

And the barrier blanket advertising on tvn fiddlesticks
racingman View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

It is becoming a circus act, take on pierro, mj hay list and co in the all aged or pi55 off overseas. To move race venue is a crock of gelatiee

Agree, I love her, but dodging the best to maintain her unbeaten run is not a good look
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:03pm

Precisely. Was Callender at moonee Valley on Friday night? No. Did the owners say that to him? No. Believe Richie Callender? No,

I thought RC said he heard the comments in the committee room Friday night and heard him say on course yesterday Callender WAS at Moonee Valley.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:04pm
Ringlock you can believe what you like but there has been angst between owners and ATC, if you dont believe it you should check your facts because you are wrong, period.
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:18pm
Callender said that BC's owners were heard to say several times on Friday night. That isn't saying that Callender heard anyone say that. Who heard them say it? It's third hand gossip. FWIW, I have no opinion of the owners, one way or the other. I just get sick of gossip.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:26pm
I am relaying what was said during a discussion on TVN . RC said he was in the Committee room .I suppose he could have made it all up, but I don't know why he would.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:32pm
Callender said he was in the committee room i thought i heard and he also owns a horse with Werrett, do you really think he would go on air and make something up about such a prominent owner? An owner who he shares ownership of another horse?
Fact...ATC knocked back request for huge number of tickets etc and Werrett pissed off.
Go to Uk and run for nothing then and risk her like last time, she was 20 lengths slower there!
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:40pm
How much does a racetrack make when she runs?

You'd think giving the owners a room is the least they good do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caesars Palace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:44pm
The joint is a construction zone, they are going to open ONE FLOOR.
Not about how much a track makes, there are crowd number restrictions, probably no place to cater for 250 people on top of members and public at the reopening of a place that will be bursting anyway.
Tell me where you would put them princerubiton, you seem to know the layout.
Duckssster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckssster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:44pm
Considering how much the trip affected her last time I don't know why they would. Only explanation is shuttling to Frankel. 
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 2:44pm
Thank you Caesars Palace. You have provided the answer to my question ie what was Werrett on about? The Sydney administrators are not prepared to inconvenience all their other owners to pander to BC's entourage. I'm with you. Go to Brisbane and the UK then. Just hope she handles Ascot a bit better this time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic