Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Supido

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nodebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:09am
Seems Kent is just nursing him through his grades and knows he has a good horse
There is black type in him this preparation and now knows he will handle a turning track like MV
His MV run was very good but in lesser class missed start ridden to line hands and heals no persuader with 60kgs. Williams has a high opinion of him and reckon he will ride him throughout this preparation
Guessing he is leaving his options open and taking it race by race Newmarket being an option
Barrier draw and state of track will make the decision as down the straight Flemington the inside is definitely off as proved on Saturday with all three placed runners on the outside of the track bursting Exosphere's bubble
Mick Kent plays his cards close to his chest and enjoys beating the books
He is nominated for the Doncaster with 50kg but will have to get him out to 1600m
Patience will reap rewards
Have a substantial bet on him in the Newmarket @ 51's

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 11:14am
I feel he would love to see him in the Newmarket, provided he draws wide. He went to MV over Flemington last week because he drew inside at Flemington. So you're right there.

I also know they think he can get over more ground. But that's easier said than done this prep - let alone arriving at the Doncaster. He has blistering speed, and those horses rarely extend that to a mile in open company.

It's another Chautauqua - they can hypothesise all they like about the horse being even better over a mile. But it takes a champion to be winning G1s over 1200m and 1600m in open company - not talking about 3yos against their own age here, where they do that all the time. I think All Silent is the only one I've seen recently that could do it and was less than a champion, winning the Emirates one year and coming back in seasons thereafter to win G1s up the straight.

Otherwise the Straight Six is perfect for this sort of horse. It's well documented it tends to require a 1400m horse at the top level. So perhaps it's his cup of tea. Would love to see him tested in the Newmarket. I rate the horse very highly IMHO.
Sunline...simply supreme
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 12:36pm
Not going to Sydney. Kent planning on a VOBIS gold race in Melbourne in April and then will be going to Adelaide
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 1:55pm
Dissapointing.

I believe he caught a cold/cough. Someone may be able to confirm.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 3:09pm
bugger that...I kept him in my SS on the premise of going to Sydney...

tell Mick to tell us early next time...Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:10pm
They're letting you on now.

Don't miss!
Sunline...simply supreme
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:11pm
Wouldn't want to be on him. 
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:14pm
Boom!!! Stuff the betting. Back yourself.
Sunline...simply supreme
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:19pm
Did it e z too.

Congrats sunline & anyone else on.
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:19pm
Love this bloke. Backed him his last 4 starts.

I suspect if they can keep him fit, he won't look out of place in G1 company.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:26pm
I see they are looking at that nonsense group 1 in Adelaide.

There is a proper group 1 for him in Brisbane on the 14th of May, The BTC Cup.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:30pm
$3.20 on betfair. I jumped in @ $3. Was still a nice price.

The bookend multi with Miss Vista was enough for me today.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:39pm
I kept betting out to $3.10, SC.

I too had that double.
Sunline...simply supreme
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by The Gooch The Gooch wrote:

Seriously, why do people persist in declaring them Group 1 horses when they win a few benchmark races?  How about they contest a Listed or Group 3 first.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Seriously, why do people persist in declaring them Group 1 horses when they win a few benchmark races?  How about they contest a Listed or Group 3 first.

Because that is or should be the aim of every horse.

He looks pretty special. It obvious to think of top level racing.

reductio ad absurdum

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:05pm
And provided the race falls away that is his target according to his trainer.

The Goodwood is just another Benchmark race anyway. 

reductio ad absurdum

Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
I guess the thrill/ challenge of predicting something
Before it happens.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
God you are a misery guts sometimes Djebel. Black Caviar, Takeover Target and recently Flamberge mean it is no benchmark race.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:08pm
In fairness Lordy, he said he wouldn't be out of place in that company. Didn't say he's a G1 horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

God you are a misery guts sometimes Djebel. Black Caviar, Takeover Target and recently Flamberge mean it is no benchmark race.

Flamberge is not really a group 1 horse. The other 2 just used it as a barrier trial.

reductio ad absurdum

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:16pm
Any horse that has won 2 Group 1's is a group 1 horse.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:18pm
Sorry, he has won 3 Group 1 races. You are clutching at straws here Djebel. There may be better horses than him, but he most definitely qualifies as a Group 1 horse.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:21pm
Moonee Valley does not count and the other 2 are benchmark handicaps, granted highly rated benchmark handicaps.

reductio ad absurdum

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:24pm
1:08.82 is a pretty good gallop under 60kgs, eased up.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:29pm
Serious horse. Will likely have to start again 2 weeks before to even get a start in the Goodwood.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Serious horse. Will likely have to start again 2 weeks before to even get a start in the Goodwood.

Which the trainer does not want to do.

He should bite the bullet and take him to Brisbane for the BTC Cup on the 14th of May.

reductio ad absurdum

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:39pm
They've been incredibly cautious with him, even though he showed ability as a younger horse. Was well in Newmarket markets but they decided to wait. Would have got into that field, but not the Goodwood? That would frustrate connections, I'd imagine. 
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Not sure I've declared a horse winning benchmark races, making the grade at Group 1 before. I very rarely start any threads but started this thread because he looks to be very talented and have had a high opinion of him even before today so it's not a knee jerk reaction. Never said he was up there with the Chautauqua's of the world. Merely started I've seen a lot of worse horses go round in Group 1s.

Time will tell I guess but he is an exciting sprinter.
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:48pm
Certainly a horse on the way up but going BM78,BM78 ,BM84 then Group 1 is a steep ask.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 12:01am
As referred to earlier, I'll wait till he's taken on better quality before claiming he's a G1 horse. What he's beaten his last few runs would be 500-1 in a G1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic