Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Studbook -Now Owned by Racing Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:11am
I actually saw that and wondered what the!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:16am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

OK I can't get on now.  What do you need to do Gay.  If looking for unnamed horses and know the dam you can check on - www.risaform.com.au/Pedigree/HorsePedigreeSearch.aspx

If you type in the dam on the second line and hit search all foals come up.  Not as clear cut as Stud Book but does work at the moment.

Thanks furious, that is what I was after Thumbs Up.............................Ah!!!! We have lift off Clap Clap Clap
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:05am
Found another one...
La Belle Chataigne (AUS) 2005
 Life Number: AUS00896563chestnut mareDate of Birth: 23/09/2005 
 Microchip Number: 985100010893830DNA Typed: Y 
 by Catbird (AUS) 1996Contact: W B Andrews Breeding & Racing Trust, Qld 
 from Chez Paree (AUS) 1983 
 bred by Milburn Creek Thoroughbred Stud, NSW 
Australian Breeding Record
  Printable Version
SeasonDOBColourSexName or Last
Service Date
SireComment
201607/08bcolt 01/09/2015Unencumbered (AUS) PENDING OWNERSHIP DECLARATION
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:14am
Is it something to do with non payment of service fee?  
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:15am
I will have to ask the lovely ladies - I hate not having the answer!  LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:16am
Wait a minute is this happening because the foals have to be registered super quick and everything else is falling behind.  It not as if Black Caviar owners are not none.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:22am
Not likely as there is no foal on the ground for BC? Or this one.
Tara's Spur (AUS) 2003
 Life Number: AUS00851060bay mareDate of Birth: 04/10/2003 
 Microchip Number: 985100010774793DNA Typed: Y 
 by Flying Spur (AUS) 1992Contact: Tara Farm Pty Ltd, Vic 
 from Vive (AUS) 1997 
 bred by Tara Farm Pty Ltd, Vic 
Australian Breeding Record
  Printable Version
SeasonDOBColourSexName or Last
Service Date
SireComment
2016Master Of Design (AUS) PENDING OWNERSHIP DECLARATION
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:25am
Just have to query the stud book I guess.  New owners new regulations and headings?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:15am
I think it'd be the new rules in which they have to declare ownership within 10 days ???? is it?
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:17am
I have sent off a query to the studbook. We will see.
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 3:29pm
this seems pretty obvious... 

they want the breeder to take acceptance of welfare.. but apparently they are not the official owners until it's given a name and or onsold.. 

so.. its officially not owned... which is gelati.. 

I got an email from messara today prattling on how this change is to increase confidence in the industry due to betting downturn in 18-35yr olds.. you gotta be kidding me? You're never gonna have a big support from the younger crowd unless its the 'be there to be seen crowd' .. these are not true racing folk... and if they react badly to a horse being whipped.. or a horse dying on a raceday you have to just say these people are not really in the loop of what goes on in preparing a horse.. 

The whole email is based around how it's improving / guarding against the greyhound debacle. If a sport is that corrupt / crooked.. it deserves to be rubbed out. Whatever 'change' they have brought in will not reduce 'wastage'.. or horses breaking legs. It's a joke to see the email end with.. i trust breeders will support this.. 

no.. you know full well they dont

Seeing the above 'no owner listed' just re-enforces that a breeder isn't really part of the ownership, although they are liable under these rules of racing.. until it is listed as being owned BY.. John Jerkinson and the Do Happy syndicate

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 6:48am
Thanks troppo75 and of course you are completely correct.
The form used to register the foal ownership must be lodged within 30 days of the Mare Return lodgement... so mares with this against their offspring have not completed the form....

And thank you the the very helpful ladies at the Studbook and Racing Australia.  Thumbs Up

Edited by Dizzy - 09 Sep 2016 at 6:49am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 7:44am
Ugg does that mean we loose Black Caviar's foal from the stud book for the future!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 8:12am

Unlikely furious, the form is worded without penalties other than a delay in the Mare return.

Completed Foal Ownership Declarations should be forwarded within 30 days of the lodgement of a mare return

Where information is not provoded your application may be refused or delayed

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:38am
So in other words they could delete some mares and foals from the stud book?  Picking and choosing seems a bad way to go.  Champions come from left field all the time and none of us know for sure which lines will come to the fore in the following years.  You could be getting rid of some pretty good blood going down than path.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 10:42am
While I would like to say I don't see that happening, I can't help but be concerned..
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:58am
Anybody having trouble opening the Studbook website ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 12:12pm
Yes - Stud Book has a new issue - Windows says problem with site's Security Certificate and to proceed at own risk! That may stop some systems accessing it at all.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 12:21pm
Thanks.

reductio ad absurdum

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 10:39am
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Yes - Stud Book has a new issue - Windows says problem with site's Security Certificate and to proceed at own risk! That may stop some systems accessing it at all.

Still happening today.

reductio ad absurdum

Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 11:26am
No problems for me.

O/S: Windows 10
Browser: Chrome... also IE 11
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:54am
Does anyone know why the drop down menu for broodmares no longer has "Australian Breeding Record"? I can get named foals and stakes winning progeny, but can't get the breeding record page.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
Same issues Racing Australia is having? Only part of the sites are working? At a guess it is linked to the horse search on RA.

Edited by Dizzy - 29 Nov 2017 at 12:09pm
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm
Assume it's either development work and down for a moment of as Dizzy said related to RA being down... was there yesterday morning when I did some research.
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren & Speed Hero.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 1:08pm
Racing Australia building have NBN issues
Last month it was The phones, now it’s the net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic