Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stephen Paddock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
LOL
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:44pm
His brother claims he was uniquely smart. I saw this tweet and thought, perhaps..........

Einstein and his therapist. ''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''

reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
'When Ignorance Is Bliss, ‘Tis folly to be wise’
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I was walking through a shopping mall yesterday, and passed a bloke covered in tattoos, who was raving and ranting like a mad thing, about nothing in particular, seemingly. Such is the modern mental health system. Recently I saw a bloke running at cars as if attempting to be hit, he nearly was in the short time I saw him. Plenty on the loose that should not be.

Which Green's Senator was that?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Of course, as could be predicted, the ABC has yet again come out to criticise Trump and US gunlaws.
They criticise Trump wherever they can connect him with the shooting.

But that doesnt explain why in Hungary with similar liberal gun laws, where nearly every family has or knows someone with a hunting rifle, have zero incidents happening.

When will the English speaking world realise that its NOT the laws that are wrong, its the violent culture they push through television and films, mixed in with a healthy dollop of a dodgy education system??

Not to mention a fractured multi-cultural society that has no cohesion with a lot of isolated and disenfranchised citizens and a mental health system that is obviously not working at many levels.

Their gun laws are laughable, but, Yep, O'bummer's gun laws were so much more successful ... just more WackoTDS
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">His brother claims he was uniquely smart.]

I don't think I'd be taking his brother's word on that one.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:02pm

Whilst Paddocks life will be defined by the way he ended it I suspect for 63 years he was probably a smart prick.

I doubt his brother is deserving of being defined by the actions of this tragedy.

Investigations may turn things on there head but at the moment he is innocent of any involvement.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:24pm
what was the girlfriend doing, coming off the plane in a wheelchair ??
its weird but if you look at all the pics of him and her together she looks to be a very attractive woman, but then look at the mug shot and she looks old and her face is all pitted.
is it even the same woman ??
animals before people.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

what was the girlfriend doing, coming off the plane in a wheelchair ??
its weird but if you look at all the pics of him and her together she looks to be a very attractive woman, but then look at the mug shot and she looks old and her face is all pitted.
is it even the same woman ??

His brother made mention of that photo - he said paddock had a bad allergy to certain things. he would order the hotel to clean the carpet with water only, and she would refrain from perfume and hairsprays etc when around him...as that pic apparently indicates.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:42pm

Whilst Paddocks life will be defined by the way he ended it I suspect for 63 years he was probably a smart prick.

I doubt his brother is deserving of being defined by the actions of this tragedy.

Investigations may turn things on there head but at the moment he is innocent of any involvement.

You misunderstand me, I think, I was only non-accepting of his claim that the brother was "uniquely smart". Hardly !
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:48pm

You misunderstand me, I think, I was only non-accepting of his claim that the brother was "uniquely smart". Hardly !

Somewhere in the Video he says his brother was or is a very good mathematician or was good at math.

Not sure how math helps with slot machines.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

i remember when spelling was important in job interviews too Maccamax - <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">  Tatoo's Wink</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">LOL
</span>

Deliberate =      I have successfully removed all sanity from U No WHOO with spelling checks.      > It really sends him Psychotic.

Can you tell me why there is a P in neumonia.   Whale had a breakdown trying to answer than.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
*that
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 8:15pm
[QUOTE=Dr E] *that
[/QUOTE
]Deliberate =      I have successfully removed all sanity from U No WHOO with spelling checks.      > It really sends him Psychotic.

Can you tell me why there is a P in neumonia.   DR E had a breakdown trying to answer thaT.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:52pm
Tongue
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Tongue

We have to get Whale back.

Tough to play cricket without a ball.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:14pm
What a worthless thread. I saw a news item today where the FBI and family members of previous gun crime victims have had a campaign going for a while that has great merit IMO. The basics are that the perpetrators of these acts should get no publicity whatsoever and nobody should speak their name.

The only names that should be mentioned are the heroes and victims. The theory is that the more publicity, discussion about and naming of the perpetrator only serves to give them greater notoriety and exposure to the next potential gunman. It's seems obvious to me that the current media approach only feeds the minds of and inspires the mentally unstable.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
Sounds like a dud idea to me, TB. Police are greatly dependent on informers, the public are needed to supply info that could result in collaborators being apprehended.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Dumb idea
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:24pm
Anything but removing those weapons, will get a run, as a possible solution.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:26pm

Sounds like a dud idea to me, TB. Police are greatly dependent on informers, the public are needed to supply info that could result in collaborators being apprehended.

The mentally unstable Three Bears speaks of shouldn't be housed in the community..     >     To add to future upheaval we now have our genius Politicians ,   Housing Criminal youth in the Community , in Housing which neighbours are to be unaware of their presence.
A Recipe for disaster.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
Dumb idea

Imbecilic response.

Police are greatly dependent on informers

They'll do a far better job of getting informers before the fact rather than after.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:35pm
 To add to future upheaval we now have our genius Politicians ,   Housing Criminal youth in the Community , in Housing which neighbours are to be unaware of their presence.
A Recipe for disaster.
Too true Macca. Very sad case currently involving such criminal youth in UK. Good Samaritan family lost a mother and son to one cretin they tried to help. Said cretin continually ran away from his community housing projects to commit crimes. End result was the senseless murder of mother and thirteen year old son. He didn't need a gun either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

They'll do a far better job of getting informers before the fact rather than after.

Says who ? I can't see your logic.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm

Dumb idea

Imbecilic response.

As imbecilic as ''worthless thread''?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm

Not alone there
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:43pm
Are you really that thick? Maybe not. I just noticed the typo - OF should read IF.

"They'll do a far better job if getting informers before the fact rather than after"

Informers after the fact are often publicity seekers who have done nothing to prevent the incident. Subsequent events suggest that these exposes do nothing to prevent more similar crimes happening.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:49pm

Are you really that thick? Maybe not. I just noticed the typo - OF should read IF.

"They'll do a far better job if getting informers before the fact rather than after"

Informers after the fact are often publicity seekers who have done nothing to prevent the incident. Subsequent events suggest that these exposes do nothing to prevent more similar crimes happening.

The public are an enormous source of information to police.

There is a suggestion he had an accomplice. How do police appeal for help from the public as to whether anything suspicious has been seen, or any odd purchases of domestic bomb making material involving the bloke or anyone associated with him if he is not identified?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:52pm
One mass murder executed from a hotel room in the history of hotels and the cry goes out - why aren't there metal detectors and bag inspections at all hotels? Oh why why why? How could we have been so negligent?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 2:55pm

Subsequent events suggest that these exposes do nothing to prevent more similar crimes happening. ]

You seriously think they will desist because their name won't be published ? Maybe it will encourage them, if they think their act, with anonymity, won't bring shame on family etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>