Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Stallions for Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:38pm
I wonder if Dundeel would be considered?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

They will probably send her to Lonhro at some point. Snitzel and I Am Invincible seem obvious choices. I'd like to see what she could do with Tavistock but unlikely to happen. 

Why Lonhro and not Pierro? Better hurry up if they want Lonhro. He will be 21 next spring. Will not happen.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:48pm
They need make a decision soon. Because books will be closing in a few weeks.
Or will Winx get special treatment from the studs too?
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:59pm
She could be booked in well after stallions are "full".  And hardly surprisingly.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:06pm
Why wouldn't Stallion farms be bidding for her acquaintance ?
reductio ad absurdum
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:10pm
Isn't there a good chance she could be bred overseas? Good time to travel her with no foal on the way or at foot on the home journey?
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

They will probably send her to Lonhro at some point. Snitzel and I Am Invincible seem obvious choices. I'd like to see what she could do with Tavistock but unlikely to happen. 

Why Lonhro and not Pierro? Better hurry up if they want Lonhro. He will be 21 next spring. Will not happen.

I was thinking of the connection with Debbie, she is pretty sentimental.

I do wonder if the owners feel pressure to send her to the top priced stallions. How would it be received if they went to say a $30,000-$40,000 stallion rather than one of the boom sires?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Isn't there a good chance she could be bred overseas? Good time to travel her with no foal on the way or at foot on the home journey?

Yes please lol, Dubawi for me.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:21pm
If they were to consider overseas, Frankel would be on the list.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:29pm
Many posts on FB are quoting the owners as saying she won't be served 'till 2010 in which case, this thread'll have many pages of postulation LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm

I was thinking of the connection with Debbie, she is pretty sentimental.

I do wonder if the owners feel pressure to send her to the top priced stallions. How would it be received if they went to say a $30,000-$40,000 stallion rather than one of the boom sires?

I didn't think of the sentimental connection to Lonhro.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:34pm
Does that suggest a NH cover in 2020 as raised by VSP?
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 5:11pm
I imagine the big studs will be offering the owners very good deals just to say their stallion was the first to be mated with Winx.

If she were mine I would be going to a stallion that was well balanced physically but not too dominant genetics wise.  I would want her genetics to run strong in the progeny.  All too often we see a champion stallion cover a champion mare not result in anything near a champion.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:05pm
I'll nominate Deep Impact as her likely suitor if she doesn't go to stud until 2020.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:21pm
Would be surprised if she travelled as has never been on a plane in her life.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
Cheers Horlicks, you're very likely correct.

Was only posting re the NH in response to the scuttlebutt that she wouldn't be served until 2020, in which case it'd make no sense whatsoever to wait until next year unless there were overseas plans. 
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:42pm
Certainly, Territories would be an interesting match up.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:52pm
I understand the theory that you may not want to line breed her but also believe Territories would be a good match.

As far as an athletic type Dundeel would be my choice and would bring in high chap and zabeel.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:51pm
I dont think they would fly her OS to mate, and not to Deep Impact with his present problems, when they have a wealth of good stallions here to choose from.
Debbie/Lonhro maybe  ??
Snitzel or IAV ??
animals before people.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:46pm

If you send her to something like Snitzel what are you aiming for? Best you could hope for is success in 3yo races.

Based on what? Most Snitzel's good horses did it when they were older - Trapeze Artist, Redzel, Russian Revolution all won G1's at 4+
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:59am
Originally posted by rem286 rem286 wrote:

I imagine the big studs will be offering the owners very good deals just to say their stallion was the first to be mated with Winx.

If she were mine I would be going to a stallion that was well balanced physically but not too dominant genetics wise.  I would want her genetics to run strong in the progeny.  All too often we see a champion stallion cover a champion mare not result in anything near a champion.

Totally agree on all your points. You would want her blood to be dominant. She is a big strong mare and I believe wouldn’t be suited to a big stallion. This will be laughed at by some, but if she was mine, I’d be sending her to Caravaggio. He’s 15/3, an outstanding balanced type, and was the fastest horse O’Brien has ever trained.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:01am
If they do throw caution to the wind and use a budget stallion, his connections are going to see bookings go through the roof! 🤑
Better than Ready, Toronado, Deep Field, Dundeel, Needs Further, Rubick
🤔 Let’s face it, never gonna happen!
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:31am
I'm also going to suggest the shuttling Japanese stallion Maurice. Unknown as a sire as now and probably won't happen as it is a gamble but he looked to be a well balanced athletic mover-go watch his HK run in 2016 to see what I mean. Almost a complete outcross to Winx.
DiEM25 for the world.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:36pm
From a line breeding perspective Tosen Stardom pedigree has some nice interplays and repetitions , but I Am Invincible would be my vote . 
Spearmint View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spearmint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:03am
Well the topical tip for a stallion has to be I AM INVINCIBLE !!
"Nothing in the world is so powerful as an idea whose time has come"
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:05am

Sentimental reasons and age aside, Lonhro x Street Cry hasn't been tried often, but when it has, it's gotten high-class runners.  Out of a total of 16 runners:

Lyre -- Lonhro x Street Cry mare --> Gr 1 Blue Diamond winners
Osborne Bulls -- Street Cry x Lonhro mare --> Gr 2 winner, multiple Gr 1 placed
Bezel -- Street Cry x Lonhro mare --> Gr 3 placed, multiple winner of over $200k
Gaulois -- Street Cry x Lonhro mare --> Listed placed winner of over $150k

Of the remaining 15 runners, 4 more earned more than $100,000.  Interestingly, Lonhro got 3 Street Cry mares in his trip to North America and 2 of them were winners, one of 4 races.

And then the extended family on both sides joins in the fun:

Circular -- Street Cry x mare by Octagonal out of a daughter of Shadea --> Gr 3 winner
Mecir -- Lonhro x Al Akbar mare --> Gr 3 winner
Eight Street -- Street Cry x Octagonal mare --> Gr-2 winner in South Africa

If she were mine, I would go to Lonhro first, then IAI, then Pierro or Zoustar.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:39pm
Those stat's are very good Kimberley. I was going to suggest lonhro but only his age held me back.
DiEM25 for the world.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Many posts on FB are quoting the owners as saying she won't be served 'till 2010 in which case, this thread'll have many pages of postulation LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:11pm
Gay has a great brain but clumsy fingers.Big smile

LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 16 Apr 2019 at 7:45pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:27pm
That ^^^^ is far better than me with my great fingers and clumsy brain Cry
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>