Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

stallion advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stallion advice
    Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:33am
Hi guys,

Looking for some stallion advice re the mare Moondancing (Fasliyev). Will race her progeny and after a bit of fun. Happy to pay 10k service fee and only Vic stallions.

About the mare - good race mare who won 4 of first 5 starts, raced on to be compet at stakes level but no black type earned. I am not much of a pedigree man but would i be right to be looking for a stallion totally free of Northern Dancer? Shes had 2 foals haradasun and choisir. This mare was a swimmer and being breed to race like the idea of a stallion with 'wet' credentials.

Look forward to your suggestions. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

orpen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote orpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:54am
Host - Game set and match. He's doing a great job from limited opportunities. Puts plenty of bone, toughness and a touch of class into his offspring. ND free PLUS the mating brings in another LALUN. Three doses of Lalun plus two of the great Dr Fager..ah heaven!

Mr. Prospector (USA) 1970 : 3m 5m x 5m
Raise A Native (USA) 1961 : 4m 6m x 5m 6m
Raja Baba (USA) 1968 : 4f x 6f
Bold Ruler (USA) 1954 : 5m x 6m
Tom Rolfe (USA) 1962 : 6m x 5f
Dr Fager (USA) 1964 : 6f x 6f

Storm Bird (CAN) 1978 : x 4m 5f
Nashua (USA) 1952 : 5f 6f x
Secretariat (USA) 1970 : x 5f 6f
Nasrullah (GB) 1940 : 6m 6m 6m x
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:32am
Agree and any mare that wins 4 of her first five starts has a bit of merit IMO   But host would be my pick as well reckon you could get a nice deal with Your mare but would tell them ahe won her first 4 Also. Written tycoon would be in my mix
Muddy View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:42am
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I will talk to the guys at Swettenham and see what i can do. Looking at Host's wet track stats - pretty good too 13.7% winners to starters V 12.7% for dry track starters so stock obviously versitile.
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Looking at Moondancing's strengths...

Moondancing is 2x2 the 3/4 genetic relatives Nureyev and Fairy King (Northern Dancer x Special) with their female lines of the 5h Goody Two Shoes family. Dalmary, the 3rd dam of Special is a close relation to Blenheim II. Dalmary is by Blandford out of Simon's Shoes, daughter of Goody Two Shoes. Blenheim II is by Blandford out of Malva by Charles O'Malley, son of Goody Two Shoes.

Fairy King's dam Fairy Bridge is by Bold Reason, better than half brother to Never Bend, sire of Fasliyev's granddam Anne Campbell. Lalun's sire Djeddah is 3x2 the full sisters Durban (by Tourbillon) and Heldifann, their granddam Frizette (13c) ancestress of Mr Prospector.

The female line of Moondancing travels back to Polylogy by Polymelus out of Bill And Coo. This is the 2s family of Somethingroyal who travels back tail female to a 3/4 sister to Polylogy in Rackety Coo.

Background influences to 12 generations. Northern Dancer (2) 25%, Special (2) 18.8%, Nearco (11) 11.7%, Nasrullah (7) 9.8%, Native Dancer (3) 9.4%, St Simon (193) 9.2%, Hyperion (8) 7.2%, Pharos (14) 6.4%, Lalun (2) 6.3%, Phalaris (29) 6.1%, Mumtaz Begun (8) 5.1%, Chaucer (39) 4.9%, Blenheim II (12) 4.9% etc
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 10:33pm
Nothing wrong with Host but you have a fairly inbred young miss.  You have tried the obvious Choisir cross.  It you want mud you could look to Snippets blood or Centaine blood ie Keano.  Or Let's Elope's son Ustinov has a very mud pedigree with Nassipour, Battle Waggon and Summertime.  Not an obvious cross but gives you Mr Prospector 3m x 4f.  Plus Blushing Groom has worked well with Fairy Kings brother Sadler's Wells.
Muddy View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:24pm
Once again guys - thanks for your expert insight. Like previously stated i am "pedigree dumb' and have previously bred a bit blind... the mare i like to the stallion i like... i think i make a more balanced decision when the more 'pedigree minded' give some feedback.

I have a little smokey stallion i really like... progeny love the wet!! Could you please advise re DANERICH. Others of some interest MAGNUS, STATUE OF LIBERTY.

Still like the idea of HOST but part the fun is throwing a few stallions around.

Cheers
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:54pm
The Mr Prospector/Seattle Slew cross is a very good one so that makes the Statue of Liberty cross interesting as well as the Sir Gaylord/Secretariat lines he carries which is a different 2-s line to your mares.  Also the family has crossed well with a stallion loaded with 3.  Count Ito was a son of Spearhead and won the Newmarket Handicap.  Spearhead is a 3-d family line member then he has Toxophilite (3h twice), Musket 3-d, Knowsley 3-d, Galopin 3i to back it up.

Magnus gives you Snippets (Mud) and Flying Spur and Encosta (best son of Fairy King)  mix with your mare.  The Sovereign Edition blood can also usually handly the mud.

Are yes the Rubitons usually handle the wet also.  Why exactly do you want a mudlark.  Wouldn't it be better to have one to handle all tracks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic