Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Soccer - what a bore !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Jeez, at first glance that looked ok to me to but if FIFA rankings are anywhere close to reality it is awful. France 9- Peru 11- Denmark 12- Australia 39.LOL If you saw a horserace like that the comment would be, hopelessly outgraded, better suited at the provincials.

Is it just my imagination or does England get a sweet draw at every World Cup? Not that it does them any good.

I am surprised that people are surprised that we don't get out of the group stage. We don't have the cattle.Cry If we did they would be playing for good clubs in the top leagues. It's like asking a bush trainer why he doesn't win G1s.

Just like punters Tlaz, you bet to lose with the Hope of winning, and hope springs eternal,
no different to oz football fans , they know deep down they only have a flukers chance ,
just like the bush trainer, but if you haven't got a ticket, how can you win it.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:35am

A good soccer team needs a rapier thrust from their forwards but the Socceroos have damp sponges.

These are good.Big smile
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:09pm
It’s funny- listening to local coverage here before the Peru match it was all about how we’d be able to beat Peru and how it was a shame we didn’t get more than a point out of the first two matches. Switch over to ESPN and international coverage and the consensus was that Peru would be way too good for us. And so they were.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

It’s funny- listening to local coverage here before the Peru match it was all about how we’d be able to beat Peru and how it was a shame we didn’t get more than a point out of the first two matches. Switch over to ESPN and international coverage and the consensus was that Peru would be way too good for us. And so they were.

The boys on ESPN really know their football and Gav Marcotti f/ball journo is one of the best, the group Oz were in was tough and 2 to survive into KO are Japan and Kor.Rep.
and Iran were unlucky, so when the dust settles we should just be happy we made it,
these teams didn't, Chile (tops) Italy, America, Scotland, Wales,Nth Ireland,and plenty more, if your a fan just enjoy it and to hell what other people think.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 8:29pm
Don't forget the Dutch, I miss the orange army at this World Cup, amazing supporters of there national team
Hidden In Hollywood
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Don't forget the Dutch, I miss the orange army at this World Cup, amazing supporters of there national team

Yeah Tiger, I missed the Greeks too, I have fond memories of Kuyt when he was with Liverpool a few years back , well respected young man.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Yeah Tiger, I missed the Greeks too, I have fond memories of Kuyt when he was with Liverpool a few years back , well respected young man.

The Gliks all moved to Melbourne I heard.

They would be AFL brain washed by now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic