Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

So Si Bon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Raised testosterone levels = increased libido, ego & competitiveness. Fighting stallions always go for the legs in an attempt to incapacitate them, exactly as he did.
Rooting was not his intent, simply warding off competition at the height of the mating season.

Is it possible this behavior could become dangerous to the other horses in the race or the jockeys, say if the other bloke reacted and the 2 have a fight? Or will it simply play out as yesterday did without a reaction from the other bloke?

Someone with a better memory than me might remember a horse (I think from Newcastle) who would lead and when challenged for the lead would try to savage the other horse. It was highlighted on national television news after he did it in one of his wins, which was in Sydney.

As far as I know he was allowed to keep racing.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:50pm
In the paddock now surely ?
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Bi Carb Bi Carb wrote:

In the paddock now surely ?

Booked in for gelding, then spell
This space has been intentionally left blank
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 8:37am
First up, Newmarket Handicap on the minimum as some others on here have suggested is well worth a throw at the stumps imho.

He could/should bob up one day in a Group 1 at massive odds but races best fresh.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:16pm
As this horse is now barred because of his savaging another horse twice surely he has to be gelded as if it happens again he may be barred from racing altogether!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 6:38pm
DetailsDateLocationSteward NameComments
Suspension (Savaged Another Runner)18-Nov-2017SANDOWNTerry Baileyattempted to savage another runner shortly after the start - official trial before racing again. Must trial in race-day saddle
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:03pm
Sorry, I meant to say he is suspended not barred.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:21pm
The Japanese, who are so far superior in every aspect except jockeyship would not for a second think of gelding him.

reductio ad absurdum
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 5:46am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

The Japanese, who are so far superior in every aspect except jockeyship would not for a second think of gelding him.
As a non-winner, he would’ve been gelded &/or sold out of the country well before the halfway mark of his 4yo season.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

As a non-winner, he would’ve been gelded &/or sold out of the country well before the halfway mark of his 4yo season.

Don't kid yourself.

They kmow he is better than a "non-winner".

reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:14am

Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Don't kid yourself.

They kmow he is better than a "non-winner".

With a different trainer, chances are he wouldn’t be a non winner though
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Raised testosterone levels = increased libido, ego & competitiveness. Fighting stallions always go for the legs in an attempt to incapacitate them, exactly as he did.
Rooting was not his intent, simply warding off competition at the height of the mating season.

Is it possible this behavior could become dangerous to the other horses in the race or the jockeys, say if the other bloke reacted and the 2 have a fight? Or will it simply play out as yesterday did without a reaction from the other bloke?

Someone with a better memory than me might remember a horse (I think from Newcastle) who would lead and when challenged for the lead would try to savage the other horse. It was highlighted on national television news after he did it in one of his wins, which was in Sydney.

Scamanda, I have a vague memory of a horse called Trigger Hill having a go at a couple of horses in the same race at one of the metro tracks in Sydney in about 1990. Not sure if he is the one you are thinking of.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Scamanda, I have a vague memory of a horse called Trigger Hill having a go at a couple of horses in the same race at one of the metro tracks in Sydney in about 1990. Not sure if he is the one you are thinking of.

If anyone can get their hands on the story of the great mare Flight and her rival Katanga you will find an interesting parallel there, it's a good story and a pity blinkers were barred at the time although I'm not convinced they would have stopped his shenanigans.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 5:57pm
Do you still think I was desperately clutching at straws, djebel?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:27pm
Found his way to Lindsay Park
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:48pm
Great move!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 12:49pm
Weir would have been better.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 1:48pm
No he wouldn't
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 2:11pm
Still won’t win a G1
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Still won’t win a G1

You might be right but is and will be a group 1 horse.

reductio ad absurdum
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:10pm
I think he will have to start again with the horse Djebel.  It must have no idea what to do - appart from liking to take a bit of the other horses.  It would challenge any trainer I think.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:25pm
Maybe a spell together with some physical and mental rehabilitation therapy, which of necessity takes some time.  Then a latish Sydney Autumn kick-off leading into the Brisbane Winter carnival.Just saying.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:29pm
Should run him fresh in the Kingsford Smith then second up to the Stradbroke.

Then come back in the Spring and target some of the weaker races.

He performs better earlier in his preps where he can let down.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm
If I were Hayes, first thing I’d be doing is getting the horse gelded and then after a 3 month paddock spell back to the breakers to start again. 12 months minimum break for full re-education of an extremely dangerous horse.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:44pm
I doubt Laing was doing too much wrong with the horse on the training paddock he was just not reading the horses racetrack efforts correctly.

Be interesting to know what the jockeys thought of the horse.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

If I were Hayes, first thing I’d be doing is getting the horse gelded and then after a 3 month paddock spell back to the breakers to start again. 12 months minimum break for full re-education of an extremely dangerous horse.

Thankfully that is not up to Hayes.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:51pm
Many entires perform way above their Spring efforts, once the breeding season has passed & hopefully he'll be another. I certainly don't see the need for a stint with any breaker Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:55pm
Or up to Shawy either  Tongue

Goes good fresh, has a shortish but very sharp sprint, so reckon correctweight is around the money.  Alternatively he could well win a race like the 1400m Gp 1 All-Aged Stakes first up and then proceed further North.

But he would clearly appear to need a recuperative period both physically and mentally before then.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 5:24pm
Good news.

Interested to know what makes him "extremely dangerous"? The attempts to bite Taj Mahal? A complete change of environment, better placement and better handling should sort that out. 

Thought of starting a thread on badly placed horses with talent but didn't want to be too negative and besides most of us don't know what issues horses might have (altho that should have little relevance to placement it must be said). This bloke and Denmagic woud be top of the list.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Good news.

Interested to know what makes him "extremely dangerous"? The attempts to bite Taj Mahal? A complete change of environment, better placement and better handling should sort that out. 

Thought of starting a thread on badly placed horses with talent but didn't want to be too negative and besides most of us don't know what issues horses might have (altho that should have little relevance to placement it must be said). This bloke and Denmagic woud be top of the list.

Look at him in the mounting yard, tie up stalls etc
He is a nasty horse, kicking out. Trying to savage horses, practically making love to his stable pony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 22>