Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

So Si Bon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:38pm

So Si Bon to race on as a gelding

Craig Brennan

Melbourne

Thursday 24 May 2018, 1:00pm

Serial biter So Si Bon will race on with his owners deciding to have him gelded.

So Si Bon was banished from the racetrack last Saturday after taking a nip at Yesterday's Songs as the field leapt from the barriers in a 1400m race at Flemington.

It was the third time the four-year-old had savaged another runner in his 25 start career that has to date netted one win and eight placings.

So Si Bon first came to the attention of Racing Victoria stewards last November when he tried to bite a rival in the Sandown Classic.

At his first run for Lindsay Park in March's Newmarket Handicap at Flemington, he had a nip at former stablemate, the Robbie Laing-trained Missrock, and was ordered back to the trials.

With the addition of blinkers he passed two trial tests and was on his best behaviour until last Saturday.

Stewards placed a ban on So Si Bon preventing him from racing until a decision was made by connections whether his career lay as a future stallion or racehorse.

"He's going off to be gelded today," senior Lindsay Park trainer David Hayes said.

"Hopefully this will sort him out and he can get back to winning races."

Read more at http://www.bloodstock.com.au/news/story.php?id=28296#T2WTThGY65lTbdi6.99
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:41pm
"Savaged"

What a load of gelati.

reductio ad absurdum
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:50pm
Sad that he has been gelded. But hopefully the gelding can reap in some rewards for the horse himself. The ability is there.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:58pm
I have no doubt he will win first up over 1100m or 1200m maybe even 1000m in listed company and people will be going we told you so.

It can not be deemed the remedy unless he is winning GROUP 1s over 1400-2000m.

reductio ad absurdum
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:42pm
Poor man's Mahogonay...
Rusty
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Rusty101 Rusty101 wrote:

Poor man's Mahogonay...

Good analogy.

reductio ad absurdum
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 4:47pm
Too little too late imho.
Should’ve been gelded as a 3yo
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I have no doubt he will win first up over 1100m or 1200m maybe even 1000m in listed company and people will be going we told you so.

How do you figure this?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

How do you figure this?

What do you mean how do I figure that ?

It is absolutely obvious.

reductio ad absurdum
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:24pm
Robbie told them to geld after his failed VRC derby prep.
They thought they knew better
"Go Hard or Go Home”
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Robbie told them to geld after his failed VRC derby prep.
They thought they knew better

How could you possibly say he failed that campaign ?

He may not have won but he showed outstanding form.

Robbie was not exactly doing the right thing by the horse campaigning him as a miler and middle distance horse last spring.

He is a sprinter, plane and simple.

I can not say if often enough, Keep him fresh and to 1000-1200 and they will make plenty out of him, Extend the trip and they will get nothing.

reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:52pm
He won't win another race.
Pakenham synthetic maiden winner. That's it.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:55pm
It’s official

SO SI BON

4yo Brown or Black Gelding
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 1:32am
Attempts to resurrect his racing career at Wodonga trials on Tuesday
Now a gelding
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 1:57pm
Can win today
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:49pm
I suspect djebel will be on this fella in the next at Flemington.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
I had $5 on this muncher today.
Surely he is due
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 12:55pm
You're a brave man Shawy.  Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 1:08pm
Loomed but just not good enough. Needs weaker.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 1:29pm
He needs to be kept fresh.

They gelded him and they are racing him in the same idiotic fortnightly fashion they always have.

sweethearts.

Keep him four weeks or more between runs.

About the only thing different is he seems to be settling closer to the lead this time in.

Oh and he is not having a munch.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm
If they keep him to four weeks between runs it'll certainly reduce the frequency of his defeats.  Wink
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:56pm
Running again today.
Why?!???
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
The bookies must love him

Backed $17 into $10 today
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
They are not doing anything different as far as a campaign is concerned to what Laing was doing.

You have to wonder why they took him off him.

I have backed him today because I am a sweetheart but nothing in his run last Saturday suggest 1400m was what he wanted 7 days later.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 2:17pm
Well that was frustrating. 
reductio ad absurdum
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:52pm
I wonder if Robbie has received an apology yet.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm
I had my first ever bet on the forum favourite today- $5 the place- I'm not a complete idiot- just a partial idiot.Ouch
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I had my first ever bet on the forum favourite today- $5 the place- I'm not a complete idiot- just a partial idiot.Ouch

That should read the place @ $5. I had more on than $5 unfortunately.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:47am
He’s running ok & surely there’s a race around for him somewhere.

I certainly don’t know where to go next with him. Not sure DA Hayes does either. Any suggestions?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
One option I’ve seen mentioned is the Kilmore Cup
1600m Listed on the 25th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 22>