Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Single Gaze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:07am
Still plenty of time for her to let down after the spring AA
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:11am
Tx Prince...because it was going to be retired,initially, the transfer of ownership was not lodged
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Tx Prince...because it was going to be retired,initially, the transfer of ownership was not lodged

The outgoing trainer could’ve marked her card as Retired.
It’s harder to reinstate if they do that, but they obviously didn’t do that.

The transfer of ownership would’ve been filled out, however it takes a while for it to be processed
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:03am
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

I sold my house a couple of years ago, found out the new owner ripped up the carpet and didn’t water the garden.
I didn’t cry on national radio about it.

Dont you understand the difference between a living, feeling, animal and a pile of carpet  ???Sick

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Among my mates, when a mare comes off the track for breeding, they get a bit of time to let down/relax/settle in to life OTT.    So, is she not to be allowed to get that time ?  She has to race, right up until NH breeding time ???   On the track one week  and into the barn the next week  Shocked  !!!  And then they will have the hide to wonder why she doesnt take, or mis carries Thumbs Down
I reckon the previous owners are well aware of NH breeding times, and like me, they expected she would get some down time before being served. 
Of course Waller couldnt knock her back ! What would that do to him and his training for the Jap owners ???  But no where here have I seen Bonjour accuse Waller of necking Olive ?? 
I just think its unethical, nasty , and unfair on the horse. 

Mr Yoshida owns her now. He can do what he wants with her... if you were that concerned about her then maybe you should’ve bought her yourself

Yeah,,and good on him,,,,we now see his true colours  !   Its not about how we all feel about her.   You just dont get it.   Its unethical what they have done.  
Dont be a stupid git.   Of course I couldnt buy her. 
And Mr Yoshida looks like a complete arse ,  by doing this.
This of Mr Yoshida owns her so he can do as he pleases harks back to the days of slavery.   You own a living thing so you can treat it however you like. 
Its sad, and nasty, and unethical, and imoral .
I dont care if she wins lots more races, or never does again.
Its wrong, what they are doing to this little horse.    And those of you who think its jolly good , and Mr Yoshida is a champ,  need a good thump up the ******
animals before people.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:04am
Acacia if you're not a vegetarian you're just embarrassing yourself with the "living breathing thing " talk. On your terms obviously ? You're a walking , talking contradiction.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Cityboy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cityboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:03am

Among my mates, when a mare comes off the track for breeding, they get a bit of time to let down/relax/settle in to life OTT.    So, is she not to be allowed to get that time ?  She has to race, right up until NH breeding time ???   On the track one week  and into the barn the next week  Shocked  !!!  And then they will have the hide to wonder why she doesnt take, or mis carries Thumbs Down
I reckon the previous owners are well aware of NH breeding times, and like me, they expected she would get some down time before being served. 
Of course Waller couldnt knock her back ! What would that do to him and his training for the Jap owners ???  But no where here have I seen Bonjour accuse Waller of necking Olive ?? 

Some of your mates may have a theory but it’s not at all uncommon for mares to come straight off the racetrack to the breeding barn and I’ve never heard or seen an issue with it. In my experience most seem to go in foal very quickly perhaps because they are so healthy? I don’t see the problem with a fit athletes getting pregnant.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:48am

Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Mr Yoshida owns her now. He can do what he wants with her... if you were that concerned about her then maybe you should’ve bought her yourself

Yeah,,and good on him,,,,we now see his true colours  !   Its not about how we all feel about her.   You just dont get it.   Its unethical what they have done.  
Dont be a stupid git.   Of course I couldnt buy her. 
And Mr Yoshida looks like a complete arse ,  by doing this.
This of Mr Yoshida owns her so he can do as he pleases harks back to the days of slavery.   You own a living thing so you can treat it however you like. 
Its sad, and nasty, and unethical, and imoral .
I dont care if she wins lots more races, or never does again.
Its wrong, what they are doing to this little horse.    And those of you who think its jolly good , and Mr Yoshida is a champ,  need a good thump up the ******

I think you are being too polite AA, I have been on this racing site for quite some years, I used to respect many of these posters, they earned that respect by learned and interesting posts, however on this issue they have lost me, anyone who supports Waller over this, well I shall abstain from saying what I would like to, to save Gay the energy of editing...heavily. Now Waller has turned it around and put it on poor Kathy O'Hara, ''she'll tell us if she's had enough''....please spare me, this from the same man that openly told the press he was trialling that grand mare Catkins after a poor run, I need to see her trial so she can tell us if sh'e had enough''......maybe he should have asked Liam Prior what to do, Liam, yes Liam....google him, Waller also said, if I didn't take her some one else would, and I already train for Mr Yoshida......Mr Yoshida, well, we will never know if it was him or his advisors that put this plan into action, if it's Mr Yoshida he knows the fall out, just a business decision some of you say.....you are dealing with a wonderful, sensitive, breathing entity with Single Gaze, many of us earn our living out of these creatures, wouldn't it be lovely that for once their well being and comfort is taken into account? they give their lives for us, lets respect that. #Rangirangdoo
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:01am
Why would he keep Kathy on ? He's got the pick of the litter.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

So he can remain Teflon.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:34am
If he keeps Kathy on it's just for public relations.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

So he can remain Teflon.
Nailed It.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:42am
I can’t believe the way some of you are carrying on. Horse racing is business, deal with it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
If Olive had changed his mind and decided to race her again would you feel the same way? I highly doubt.
Acacia and Bonjour are just whinging for the sake of whinging.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

I can’t believe the way some of you are carrying on. Horse racing is business, deal with it.

Clearly horse racing is better than just business.

If it was just business it would not thrive the way it does.

Name one business that operates on such a loss making scale ?

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Based purely on TV ads, selling rugs would be close.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

I think you are being too polite AA, I have been on this racing site for quite some years, I used to respect many of these posters, they earned that respect by learned and interesting posts, however on this issue they have lost me, anyone who supports Waller over this, well I shall abstain from saying what I would like to, to save Gay the energy of editing...heavily. Now Waller has turned it around and put it on poor Kathy O'Hara, ''she'll tell us if she's had enough''....please spare me, this from the same man that openly told the press he was trialling that grand mare Catkins after a poor run, I need to see her trial so she can tell us if sh'e had enough''......maybe he should have asked Liam Prior what to do, Liam, yes Liam....google him, Waller also said, if I didn't take her some one else would, and I already train for Mr Yoshida......Mr Yoshida, well, we will never know if it was him or his advisors that put this plan into action, if it's Mr Yoshida he knows the fall out, just a business decision some of you say.....you are dealing with a wonderful, sensitive, breathing entity with Single Gaze, many of us earn our living out of these creatures, wouldn't it be lovely that for once their well being and comfort is taken into account? they give their lives for us, lets respect that. #Rangirangdoo

Prior, lol, talk about clutching at straws. Your bias against Waller is palpable Bonjour and does nothing for your point of view on this issue, which is little more than a passing shower in a teacup. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:23pm

Lol. Talk about shooting (blanks) from the hip. She knows the horse better than anyone and has ridden her a treat almost every time. Why would he take her off?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Lol. Talk about shooting (blanks) from the hip. She knows the horse better than anyone and has ridden her a treat almost every time. Why would he take her off?

Because he doesn't usually put her on his horses?

Who effing cares who's on her back?

I still don't know what this thread is about.

If it's about horse welfare, then we should be discussing how many races all horses should be limited to.
If it's about Waller pinching another one from a battler, at least this battler got a chunk of cash as it left his stables...
But again, if that's the issue,we should be talking about maximum stable sizes for all.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
Too complex for you Rusty? Like lots of threads it's about many things. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:14pm

Prior, lol, talk about clutching at straws. Your bias against Waller is palpable Bonjour and does nothing for your point of view on this issue, which is little more than a passing shower in a teacup. 
Why 3BM, the blokes a flea, fleas stick you see, as an owner I would stare well clear of what went on now we all know the truth, as the name befits, there is none so blind than those that cannot see.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Because he doesn't usually put her on his horses?

Who effing cares who's on her back?

I still don't know what this thread is about.

If it's about horse welfare, then we should be discussing how many races all horses should be limited to.
If it's about Waller pinching another one from a battler, at least this battler got a chunk of cash as it left his stables...
But again, if that's the issue,we should be talking about maximum stable sizes for all.

Geez Rusty, max stable size for all, say 60 boxes each, wow that would sort the wheat from the chaff, one bloke in particular, lines up 4 or 5 or 6 in a race, how does the fav of the string go?......my money would be on Pete and Paul, or up and coming Mark Newnham, or JC even.......but we shall never know, because when you're connected, you're connected and some may say even protected.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:08pm

Why 3BM, the blokes a flea, fleas stick you see, as an owner I would stare well clear of what went on now we all know the truth, as the name befits, there is none so blind than those that cannot see.

Waller's a flea? Please expand. Because Rangirangdoo broke down?Because he re-employed Prior? Because he trialled Catkins? The floor is all yours.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm

If Olive had changed his mind and decided to race her again would you feel the same way? I highly doubt.

So to disaggree with your point of view is to whinge ?  Right, I get it now. Thumbs Up
And if Olive had raced her on when it was obvious she had enough, yes, I would feel the same way.

animals before people.
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:34pm
That's it Rodent - keep attacking the person and making it personal.

You do share a lot in common with Dothraki me thinks - Josh Parr was right.

Over 17,000 posts in 6 years doesn't leave much time for you to interact with your friends? Oh...that's right.
Watch the commission go on
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:50pm

So to disaggree with your point of view is to whinge ?  Right, I get it now. Thumbs Up
And if Olive had raced her on when it was obvious she had enough, yes, I would feel the same way.

No, but you are banging on about animal welfare and how you think this horse is in serious danger. But yet do not have any facts to back up your fantasy. You are deluded and mentally unwell.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:52pm
She is better off in Wallers stable than being out in a paddock somewhere.
At least she’ll be getting a feed and have someone looking after her
"Go Hard or Go Home”
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 4:57pm
This has been blown out of proportion.
Most of her original owners have no issues with what Waller and Yoshida have planned.
The mare was sold with a written contract signing ALL RIGHTS ( Racing and Breeding) and handed over her TIC.
Sure, some are upset. But they know that she will be well looked after.
She’s in good spirits, eating her feed.
She is in super condition and there are absolutely no concerns for her welfare.

What’s done is done and they will be cheering her on in her new colours.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:05pm

No, but you are banging on about animal welfare and how you think this horse is in serious danger. But yet do not have any facts to back up your fantasy. You are deluded and mentally unwell.

I have never said I think this horse is in serious danger Angry  I am sure she is well cared for, and am not banging on about her welfare , altho I do think she had enough, seeing her after her last race. ( And obviously others who know her better than I do thought the same or they wouldnt have retired her ).   I am saying what was done is morally unethical, but you are the one  who cant seem to grasp my point.  You cant even make your point without slinging insults around . Grow up.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>