Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Single Gaze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:33am
So much for Japan...now with C Waller
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:51am
Some of the old owners are not very happy, well if you didn’t want her to race for someone else you shouldn’t have sold her.
The new owner can do whatever he likes with her, he paid for her.
can’t see what the big deal is (twitter carrying on as usual)
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Strewth.... Nick Olive is cut to pieces. That interview was hard listening.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Strewth.... Nick Olive is cut to pieces. That interview was hard listening.

Any link ?
reductio ad absurdum
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:03pm
I was in the car, but there should be one on the website later today.

Main takeaway is that he feels as though he’s let the team down. She was retired as he thought she had no more to give and, I presume, that would’ve factored in to the sale price... bloke also has some concerns for the horse, just to stoke the feels even further.

Waller rang him to give him the news.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:09pm
What radio station Red Hare, RSN?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:10pm

Chris Waller will train Single Gaze

Spoke to former tnr Nick Olive “Bit of a shock for all of us involved to be honest, we were approched to sell her privately, we decided to sell on the proviso she would be going to Stud in Japan.” None of her original owners now involved

Cheers PT

Edited by Gay3 - 20 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:18pm
If he didn’t want her to race on then he shouldn’t have sold her.. plain and simple.
The new owner can do whatever he pleases with her, he does own her!!!!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 12:27pm
The number of older fillies Waller has all suited to the same racing is nauseating
reductio ad absurdum
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:01pm
A simple "not to race again" clause in contract is all it would have taken. Sorry affair for previous owners but that's racing.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

A simple "not to race again" clause in contract is all it would have taken. Sorry affair for previous owners but that's racing.

Exactly.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:09pm
I will assume it is just for the spring. She would not bred till February at earliest up there.

You could not imagine she'd improve witn Waller but it would be a real kick in the teeth to Olive if she did.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
Geez, I would be dirty.  Olive retired her, believeing he was doing the right thing and looking after the little horse,,,so much for the "on the plane to japan "  !!!Angry
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:03pm
I get the impression many are looking forward to old "I told you so"

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
I can assure you I am not looking forward to that at all !  I will feel ill watching her trying so hard, when she has already given her all.  Dont these people have any feelings for the animal at all ?  Or  are they so money hungry they just dont give a toss.
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:41pm
Does Waller need the money? About time a trainer see's the need to stand up and say, thanks but no thanks, Nick did a great job, I bet he's gutted, if he thought she had bottomed out, then she has.....Cmon Chris, be a man here.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Does Waller need the money? About time a trainer see's the need to stand up and say, thanks but no thanks, Nick did a great job, I bet he's gutted, if he thought she had bottomed out, then she has.....Cmon Chris, be a man here.

LOL
to the victor
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:02pm
Get real, if Waller hadn't accepted the mare there's others who would've quick smart and Olive would still have been gutted.

At least Waller had the character to contact Nick personallyand delivery the bad news.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm
I’m sure if Waller sees that she’s had enough then he won’t race her.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:04pm
Who knows she may be just looking for a change of scenery and will come out and win a Group 1?

Give them a chance, she’s a good horse.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I can assure you I am not looking forward to that at all !  I will feel ill watching her trying so hard, when she has already given her all.  Dont these people have any feelings for the animal at all ?  Or  are they so money hungry they just dont give a toss.

Wow, what a pathetic post.

I’m sure Waller will retire if she doesn’t come up.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:08pm
This is a non aussie IMO
The horse was sold, the new owners are allowed to do what the like....
If you sell your house, do you get upset if the new owner renovates it?
No, that’s just absurd.
They knew the risks when they sold her, if they wanted her sold for breeding only, they could’ve put that in the sale contract... they didn’t.

Olive is just a sook. Grow up. You had your chance and you failed.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

This is a non ISSUE. IMO
The horse was sold, the new owners are allowed to do what the like....
If you sell your house, do you get upset if the new owner renovates it?
No, that’s just absurd.
They knew the risks when they sold her, if they wanted her sold for breeding only, they could’ve put that in the sale contract... they didn’t.

Olive is just a sook. Grow up. You had your chance and you failed.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:10pm
Waller has the animals best interest at heart. He knows what he is dong. Leave it at that.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I’m sure Waller will retire if she doesn’t come up.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Waller has the animals best interest at heart. He knows what he is dong. Leave it at that.
Thanks Mrs Waller.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Thanks Mrs Waller.

Huh?
My names Marion
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Get real, if Waller hadn't accepted the mare there's others who would've quick smart and Olive would still have been gutted.

At least Waller had the character to contact Nick personallyand delivery the bad news.
Read my post SC, it's about time a trainer stood up.....a trainer........time some scruples and decency entered the game, necking other trainers has gone on for yonks, since Adam played full back, but there has always been an exception, now what a story and what an accolade it would have been for Chris to have said, ''sorry, if her previous trainer said she was going backward and for her well being we are politely declining'' ? hello? wouldn't that have been nice for everyone, everyone SC....it might even have set a new benchmark.....but, it didn't happen and we know why....don't we......who are the new owners....says it all.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:24pm

Read my post SC, it's about time a trainer stood up.....a trainer........time some scruples and decency entered the game, necking other trainers has gone on for yonks, since Adam played full back, but there has always been an exception, now what a story and what an accolade it would have been for Chris to have said, ''sorry, if her previous trainer said she was going backward and for her well being we are politely declining'' ? hello? wouldn't that have been nice for everyone, everyone SC....it might even have set a new benchmark.....but, it didn't happen and we know why....don't we......who are the new owners....says it all.

With all due respect, Who is her previous trainer ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

With all due respect, Who is her previous trainer ? 

What does that mean ?Confused
Her previous trainer was Olive and he suggested retirement because he felt she had done her best and it was time to consider her welfare, and the owners did what they felt was best for her .
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>