Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Albo 2022 Labor Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It isn't looking good for Bill. Might have to get the thread title changed. Better workshop some ideas and get this show rolling.Thumbs Up

Labor Left:
The 2021 Penny Wong Labor Government?
The 2021 Tanya Labor Government?
The 2021 Albo Labor Government?
2 NSW, 1 SA Senator

Labor Right:
The Chris Bowen Labor Government?
The Kristina Keneally Labor Government?
The Tony Burke Labor Government?
3 NSW 1 Senator

Last 3 Labor leaders were Shorten (Right Vic)
Julia Gillard(Vic Left but consensus with Right)
Kevin Rudd (Qld non aligned Ran as outside system)
... and the cupboard was bare!Sleepy

Well their surely not going to go with the failed experiment of a female leader.

What's KRudd up to?LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Bob Brown and his "Caravan of Carnie Folk" made it close wit Climate Alarm, and Chris Bowen got the Libs across the line with Negative Gearing and CGT Lies.

Bring on Albo ... pleeeeeeez!!!Big smile

Hey, where does Bill's Victory Tour kick off today?

Hate to say I told you so, but Bill will go down in the anals of Labor Party history as one of their most disloyal, divisive, unpopular, shallow, weak, duplicitous, vacillating leaders ... but "Greatest Opposition Leader" of all time ... I'm sure there was poll a few months back that actually had ScoMo most poular leader with 17% of Labor votersEmbarrassed ... we really did dodge a bullet there!Thumbs Up

See, being a Tasmanian, Bob didn't realise that Queensland doesn't suffer from "Climate Change" ... beautiful one day, perfect the next!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 5:45pm
Hahahahaha

Hardly a peep for a week, when ALP is 1.15 to win.

Libs get up, and 3 posts in a row.

You haven’t been sulking, have you Doc?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Hahahahaha

fair go Rusty , Doc has been handing out HTV cards and phone calling in opposition to "Get Up".      few can speak Arabic so his services were in demand.
   Main Point is the RESULT = Australia saved and Bonking Billy & Climate Change reduced to rubble.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:26pm
The bookies sure stuffed this one up! As several said in here over the past couple weeks including Macca and PT, it was closer than the odds suggested. Local issues obviously played a bigger part than they were given credit for, Adani in Qld for example.

At least Abbott and Anning are gone.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:33pm
Derryn Hinch also likely to be voted out.

Jacquie Lambie looks to have won in tassie

Palmer has come up short....
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The bookies sure stuffed this one up! As several said in here over the past couple weeks including Macca and PT, it was closer than the odds suggested. Local issues obviously played a bigger part than they were given credit for, Adani in Qld for example.

At least Abbott and Anning are gone.

Wish I’d heard from this guy on Friday night, I would have had a bigger go.....

https://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/the-expert-who-predicted-trump-brexit-and-scott-morrison-20190519-p51owf.html
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:19pm
Following the money as some suggested wasn't the way to go .

An interesting stat was, the last 17 elections, where the final poll was within the margin of error ( 2 points ) .    The Encumbent won all 17.

The theory being that later voters in such close encounters , don't risk change .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:20pm

Hahahahaha

Yep, that's right rusty, sulking because I ended up taking unders!Cry

Well done with Tony v ZalliClap ... at least Climate Change will be fixed on the Northern Beaches ... doubt that you will get a tunnel in your life time though ...Ouch
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:22pm
How could the polls get it THAT wrong. Across the country there has been a swing to the Coalition - it was supposed to go the other way "big time" wasn't it.There not the same lot that analyse Climate Data are they ? Might help explain a few things
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:25pm
I'm still sticking with the Folau smoking gun explanation !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:28pm
Of all the ALP power brokers that Tanya is the biggest worry. She had looks to kill last night. Scary !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

How could the polls get it THAT wrong. Across the country there has been a swing to the Coalition - it was supposed to go the other way "big time" wasn't it.There not the same lot that analyse Climate Data are they ? Might help explain a few things

So do you think $1.25 was the right price? Or maybe $1.80?

The polls had 2 points between them 51-49. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:40pm
Adani has obviously played a part, the way Qld went the ALP had no chance from there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Hahahahaha

Yep, that's right rusty, sulking because I ended up taking unders!Cry

Well done with Tony v ZalliClap ... at least Climate Change will be fixed on the Northern Beaches ... doubt that you will get a tunnel in your life time though ...Ouch

Good to hear the bottom lip is back in place

Unfortunately the betting on individual electorates was thin,so only a modest result there.
Still getting overs is always nice.
Tunnel depends totally on how long Gladys is in charge,how’s that light rail going?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

So do you think $1.25 was the right price? Or maybe $1.80?

The polls had 2 points between them 51-49. 
Not sure PT - Rusty confused the crap out of me a while back with his probability theory - you know the price is not set according to its "real" probability. All i know is i didn't have a cracker on the outcome - which does get up my nose a touch. And to answer your question the right price for the ALP was a billion to one - i mean they lost. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:53pm
Still counting in HOR. Libs still need 3 seats for a majority. 

Senate doesn't look easy for the govt. 

Labor/Greens   35
NLP                 33
Xenephon          2
ON                    1
Bernardi            1
Lambie              1
In doubt            3   
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:33pm
Site i just read had the following leaderboard from the AEC 3 hours ago ;

* L/NP  76
* ALP 69
* Greens 1
* KAP 1
* Centre Alliance 1
* Independent 3

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:12pm
I don’t know what’s the most depressing about the result last night but I think it’s the reaction from places like the ABC and on social media. Blame the electorate! Theyre too dumb to know what’s good for them. How sad is it the only one to get it right was Barnaby Joyce of all people! He said if Labor want to get into government they have to ditch the Greens and the lefties and get back to basics, back to their base and concentrate on jobs wages and cost of living. He’s right.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:15pm
Saw a map of Australia today colored according to the result. At least 90% of the country was blue.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:33pm

Labor/Greens   35
NLP                 33 34
Xenephon          2
ON                    1 2
Bernardi            1
Lambie              1
In doubt            3 1

Libs are leading in Bass (82% counted) and Chisholm (73% counted), Macquarie could go either way.
76 seats likely now and you know Katter will throw the big white hat into the ring if needed.

Too early to declare with the senate numbers. No probs with nationality issues this time for Malcolm Roberts Shocked  if he can claim a seat. And the Libs will get an extra seat in WA unless the trend turns.
(best case scenario)
Hanson and Roberts will vote with Scomo. Bernadi probably will too.
Game over, unless we see Bob Mueller get off Airforce One with a Russian dossier under his arm.Wink

Looking back at past recent elections, the so called experts have been wrong nearly every time. And you can throw in Brexit and Trump. It seems near every election since Newman lost has gone against the expert predictions except the Vic State Election. 
I tried to explain that to macca early on but he was too busy trading Labor on Betfair. I hope he listened.

That's what happens when sheeple take notice of Twitter, polls and the media. 

Was there less than 1% swing between Labor and the Coalition? I think so.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:53pm
I have no idea about all this pollie stuff,,,but go the good thing,,,,,thrilled Sco Mo got the vote.
In this area he was never going to loose. 
animals before people.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:58pm
Same in this electorate acacia alba.

Just to show how close it really is in Australia, ie less than 1%:

National two party count
Party / CoalitionVotesPercentage %Swing %
Liberal/National Coalition5,356,02051.07+0.71
Australian Labor Party5,132,54848.93-0.71
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Labor/Greens   35
NLP                 33<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>34
Xenephon          2
ON                    1<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>2
Bernardi            1
Lambie              1
In doubt            3<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>1

Libs are leading in Bass (82% counted) and Chisholm (73% counted), Macquarie could go either way.
76 seats likely now and you know Katter will throw the big white hat into the ring if needed.

Too early to declare with the senate numbers. No probs with nationality issues this time for Malcolm Roberts Shocked  if he can claim a seat. And the Libs will get an extra seat in WA unless the trend turns.
(best case scenario)
Hanson and Roberts will vote with Scomo. Bernadi probably will too.
Game over, unless we see Bob Mueller get off Airforce One with a Russian dossier under his arm.Wink

Looking back at past recent elections, the so called experts have been wrong nearly every time. And you can throw in Brexit and Trump. It seems near every election since Newman lost has gone against the expert predictions except the Vic State Election. 
I tried to explain that to macca early on but he was too busy trading Labor on Betfair. I hope he listened.

That's what happens when sheeple take notice of Twitter, polls and the media. 

Was there less than 1% swing between Labor and the Coalition? I think so.

I ALWAYS LISTEN --- YOU ARE MY PUNTING GOD =

SAMPLE Part only :-

09:20:27     Australia - 2019 Federal Election / 2019 Federal Election Winner
Ref: 1640     7.40     11.00     Lost      --     -70.40     667.16
10-May-19
14:29:29     19-May-19
Ref: 1640     7.20     5.00     Won      31.00     --     737.56
10-May-19
08:53:54     19-May-19
Ref: 1640     7.40     15.00     Lost      --     -96.00     706.56
09-May-19
18:55:07     19-May-19
Ref: 163     7.00     100.00     Won      600.00     --     802.56
09-May-19
07:27:47     19-May-19
Ref: 1639 7.00     27.49     Lost      --     -164.94     202.56
09-May-19
07:27:47     19-May-19
Ref: 16396.80     61.52     Lost      --     -356.82     367.50
15-Apr-19
14:05:48     19-May-19
Ref: 16136.20     193.90     Lost      --     -1,008.28     724.32
11-May-19
15:55:04     19-May-19
Ref: 164151.16     82.81     Won      82.81     --     1,732.60
09-May-19
20:58:09     19-May-19
Ref: 163979      1.17     4,500.00     Lost      --     -4,500.00     1,649.79
09-May-19
20:40:58     19-May-19
Ref: 163978     1.17     1,000.00     Lost      --     -1,000.00     6,149.79
09-May-19
18:20:19     19-May-19
Ref: 16397     1.16     5,000.00     Won      5,000.00     --     7,149.79
09-May-19
11:17:07     19-May-19
Ref: 16395     1.17     4,500.00     Lost      --     -4,500.00     2,149.79
09-May-19
08:35:19     19-May-19
Ref: 163     1.17     4,496.00     Won      4,496.00     --     6,649.79
08-May-19
23:16:00     19-May-19
09:20:27     Australia - 2019 Federal Election / 2019 Federal Election
08-May-19
22:30:21     19-May-19
08-May-19
19:14:26     19-May-19
Ref: 1634     1.19     5,000.00     Won      5,000.00     --     6,619.52
03-May-19
20:16:49     19-May-19
Ref: 16331201.23     311.79     Lost      --     -311.79     1,619.52
03-May-19
20:16:49     19-May-19
Ref: 163312009     1.25     200.00     Lost      --     -200.00     1,931.31
03-May-19
20:01:21     19-May-19
Ref: 16331     1.22     519.29     Won      519.29     --     2,131.31
19-Apr-19
18:49:31     19-May-19
Ref: 161691867694     1.29     24.72     Won      24.72     --     1,612.02
18-Apr-19
14:05:31     19-May-19
Ref: 16158531     1.22     4,350.00     Lost      --     -4,350.00     1,587.30
17-Apr-19
18:47:00     19-May-19
Ref: 1614971431.21     4,359.57     Won      4,359.57     --     5,937.30
13-Apr-19
08:48:44     19-May-19
Ref: 1609863     1.19     1,010.25     Won      1,010.25     --     1,577.73
09-Apr-19
19:26:50     19-May-19
Ref: 16060     1.20     43.84     Won      43.84     --     567.48
09-Apr-19
18:26:03     19-May-19
Ref: 160600     1.19     3,350.00     Lost      --     -3,350.00     523.64
09-Apr-19
16:08:02     19-May-19
Ref: 16059     1.19     3,000.00     Won      3,000.00     --     3,873.64
08-Apr-19
08:06:52     19-May-19
Ref: 16047     1.18     308.38     Won      308.38     --     873.64
06-Apr-19
15:14:33     19-May-19
Ref: 16011     1.17     2,017.09     Lost      --     -2,017.09     565.26
06-Apr-19
07:56:19     19-May-19
Ref: 16009     1.18     1,000.00     Won      1,000.00     --     2,582.35

fact is I backed Dutton & Abbott .   Knocked 600 off on Nature Strip ...       Traded most and won a few hundred only.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:05pm
Reckon Bonkin Billy lost it when he took the credits off the oldies,,Dont mess with the old blokes. 
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Reckon Bonkin Billy lost it when he took the credits off the oldies,,Dont mess with the old blokes. 

I think the main point AA is , people are starting to think more deeply into the Climate Change Hoax , what it is costing us , what little we can do about it anyway and the big polluters are thriving at our expense.

The cost to energy & job losses are enormous.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:15pm
Poor old labor, didnt find enough votes in the big end of town.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:23pm
Yeah, the lattes sippers didnt weigh  in,,,,
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Yeah, the lattes sippers didnt weigh  in,,,,

They did in Waringah AA..     Those Mosman Toffs don't want their area opened up with the Tunnel to Manly & Abbott was big in having that done .

The new lady wants Manly isolated for themselves and transport getting there is difficult .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:54pm
LOL,,,I have no idea what you are on about.  No idea who the lady is ???   
BUT,,,,,,I dont care,,,
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 32>