Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Shea Eden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

It's crooked as in a horse was in there not to win, but to set it up for it's stablemate, and clearly affecting the chances of the horses racing on the speed. Hell the trainer himself said it was a set up! I really don't know what you're debating here Gay.

Surely we need to actually watch the interview and judge whether he was speaking tongue in cheek or not.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

RV stewards have issued one charge against licensed trainer Shea Eden

Racing Victoria (RV) stewards have today issued one charge against licensed trainer Shea Eden for conduct which is alleged to be prejudicial to the image, interests, or welfare of racing.

Mr Eden has been charged with breaching AR 175A which reads:

Any person bound by these Rules who either within a racecourse or elsewhere in the opinion of the Committee of any Club or the Stewards has been guilty of conduct prejudicial to the image, or interests, or welfare of racing may be penalised. [amended 1/09/09]

The charge relates to comments made by Mr Eden in a post-race interview aired on TVN following the running of the Mildura Cup at Mildura Racecourse on Sunday, 24 August, 2014.

Mr Eden had two runners in the Mildura Cup, Rambert  and Flyingconi. Rambert led until weakening in the straight to finish 11th, whilst Flyingconi raced near the rear and ran on in the straight to win the race. 

The particulars of the charge are that Mr Eden’s post-race comments about the run of Rambert are alleged to be prejudicial to the image and/or interests and/or welfare of racing.

The charge will be heard before the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary (RAD) Board on a date to be fixed. 

Its basically taken 10 days for his comment to become an issue.

Just how is this comment prejudicial to the image of a sport that is already tarnished.

The stewards have bought the sport into disrepute by bringing it up..........by bringing it to everybody's  attention.

reductio ad absurdum
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:17pm
The comment was an issue at the time.  I'm sure there were mentions of it on social media or other avenues. Maybe because it was on a sunday arvo it may not have been seen by many.  However had it been made on a significant racing program or on a Saturday arvo there would be a massive brouhaha.

Comments can easily be misconstrued, whether this is such an occurrence needs to be investigated & seen.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 1:21pm
Off the cuff, heat of the moment, feeling of emotion, remark. A non issue in my book Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 2:19pm

Just to clarify I've been charged regarding my comments only, stewards said y'day they have no prob with the way the race was run.

MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 2:51pm
Henry Plumptre from Darley had to front the stewards I believe 3 or 4 years ago for something similar that was said in a TVN interview.  Don't think anything came of it.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Sure, his comment was a stuff up. But........ Rambert is a leader and his tactics were known prior to the race!!! He used those tactics to win at Seymour a few years back when he went out 20 lengths in front, and won by 9. He followed it up with an exact same performance the following run. All his wins have been using this same method!!!

He was qualified to race, and wasn't the worst rated horse in the race, so nothing wrong with running him in the race, nor with the tactics involved in my opinion.

He'll get off with the right defence team.

Defence team has nothing to do with it. We all know its all to do with your name. He is small, therefore he is in trouble.
Edgehill View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edgehill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

RV stewards have issued one charge against licensed trainer Shea Eden

Racing Victoria (RV) stewards have today issued one charge against licensed trainer Shea Eden for conduct which is alleged to be prejudicial to the image, interests, or welfare of racing.

Mr Eden has been charged with breaching AR 175A which reads:

Any person bound by these Rules who either within a racecourse or elsewhere in the opinion of the Committee of any Club or the Stewards has been guilty of conduct prejudicial to the image, or interests, or welfare of racing may be penalised. [amended 1/09/09]

The charge relates to comments made by Mr Eden in a post-race interview aired on TVN following the running of the Mildura Cup at Mildura Racecourse on Sunday, 24 August, 2014.

Mr Eden had two runners in the Mildura Cup, Rambert  and Flyingconi. Rambert led until weakening in the straight to finish 11th, whilst Flyingconi raced near the rear and ran on in the straight to win the race. 

The particulars of the charge are that Mr Eden’s post-race comments about the run of Rambert are alleged to be prejudicial to the image and/or interests and/or welfare of racing.

The charge will be heard before the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary (RAD) Board on a date to be fixed. 

Its basically taken 10 days for his comment to become an issue.

Just how is this comment prejudicial to the image of a sport that is already tarnished.

The stewards have bought the sport into disrepute by bringing it up..........by bringing it to everybody's  attention.

Stewards tried to get him with race fixing to start with. Couldn't. Now a lesser charge. Nothing wrong with that. At least they are doing something for once.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 7:59pm
Not too bright the lad obviously .... Caught up in the moment of winning a country cup, benefit of the doubt maybe
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Sure, his comment was a stuff up. But........ Rambert is a leader and his tactics were known prior to the race!!! He used those tactics to win at Seymour a few years back when he went out 20 lengths in front, and won by 9. He followed it up with an exact same performance the following run. All his wins have been using this same method!!!

He was qualified to race, and wasn't the worst rated horse in the race, so nothing wrong with running him in the race, nor with the tactics involved in my opinion.

He'll get off with the right defence team.

Defence team has nothing to do with it. We all know its all to do with your name. He is small, therefore he is in trouble.

100% on the money, makes racing disgusting in my opinion, equality is in the bin once you put your signature on any licensing or ownership paper... we need a coup! 
to the victor
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:44am
You Won't Believe This Story!

Oct 26, 2017

You won't believe this story!
On Friday night at The Valley I'll take a new horse to the races and I doubt you would have heard a backstory like his.

To understand how this former star South African 2yo came to be in my stable, I have to first introduce you to Canberra cabinet makers Alex and Daniel - better known as iCandy Kitchens.

The boys love racing, and when they're not building kitchens they are dreaming of winning big races. A few years ago the boys decided to buy a little hobby farm and after looking at their empty paddocks for a few weeks they decided they might as well buy a mare or two and turn their weekender into a little broodmare farm.

They did the maths on stallion service fees and what they would cost each year and decided it made more sense to buy their own stallion - how hard could it be to breed your own horses? They were about to find out.

They searched the bloodstock sales websites and found a broken down 6yo stallion called King's Bay owned by China Horse Club up for sale in Adelaide. He had South African form but had been retired with a major tendon injury suffered in Singapore. China Horse Club wanted $10,000, Alex and Daniel offered $1000 and the horse was theirs.

They quickly borrowed a float, hooked it up to the ute and drove from Canberra to Adelaide in weather that in hindsight was probably ominous "It was sleet and and snow, absolutely the worst weather I've driven in. All the kids wanted to do was stop and build a bloody snowman - maybe I should have listened," Daniel told me.

Eventually they made it back to the farm. The boys took King's Bay from the float, cracked open a stubby, and decided there was no time like the present to start their breeding empire. They opened the paddock gate, let King's Bay loose and watched the frisky young bull charge towards their mare.

But things didn't go according to plan - apparently free-range breeding isn't the way to go.

"She saw him coming, lined him up and kicked the gelati out of him," Daniel said.

"She absolutely floored him, we thought he was dead."

The lads reckon they just stood there shouting at each other in panicked shock - neither is a horseman (as you might have worked out by now!) and neither had any idea what to do next. Eventually King's Bay staggered to his feet with a haematoma the size of a basketball on his chest but looking worse for wear.

"I thought gelati, we've killed this poor bastard his chest is going to explode - we called the vet who eventually gave him the all clear but he couldn't believe what we had tried to do, he must have wondered what the hell he'd struck."

The shock of what they had seen brought an end to their home-bred dreams and they immediately had King's Bay gelded to avoid any other romantic mishaps - which is where I come in.

A couple of months later the boys were sitting on the deck having a beer, watching King's Bay rip around the paddock - he looked pretty quick, maybe he still had what it took to race? I took a phone call from them that day - they said they had a broken down 6yo gelding from South Africa that they wanted to put back into work. He hadn't raced since 2013. I nearly drove off the road.

To say that the horse was out of racing fitness is an understatement, it took my wife Miranda the best part of 6-weeks to get him into good enough condition to put into work. But since then the horse has thrived, he's ticked all the boxes for me ahead of his debut for my stable - I'll always have one eye on his tendon but so far so good.

So there it is. From South African star to an injured cast off and a failed stallion that survived a brush with death. King's Bay has certainly lived an interesting life, let's hope he still has some life left on the race track.

Definitely the craziest come back story I've ever heard - I hope he can run!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:45am
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:53am
What a ripper of a story
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:25pm
Swan Hill today:

Considering Following a report received from the Compliance Assurance Team who had undertaken an inspection of a licensed property that was stabling the Shea Eden runners, Stewards interviewed trainer Shea Eden and licensed stablehand Jamie Dentith. On the evidence Stewards could not be satisfied that the mare had not received raceday treatment and therefore Stewards ordered the late withdrawal of Considering at 3.44pm. A number of samples were obtained from the mare leading up to the scheduled race time and also post race time. An inquiry into the matter was adjourned to a time and date to be fixed.
to the victor
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:37pm
Another dirty rotten grub f****n drug cheat with no ability as a trainer. What is wrong with these below average misfit trainers in Victoria.

https://www.racing.com/news/2018-06-09/inquiry-opened-after-considering-scratching

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:41pm
Let's just wait until we have the results of the samples.

ps thanks Monty for giving us the link to what was already clearly stated here a post or two above.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

ps thanks Monty for giving us the link to what was already clearly stated here a post or two above.

The samples never show anything - the raceday gear is used raceday because it doesn’t swab. But I would like to know if they saw them drenching, needling etc.

On another note - why are there so many inquiries not going anywhere? Laing, Cameron, Laming, McPherson, etc. Why is there such a delay?
to the victor
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:50pm
Well my apologies for bothering to comment!
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:51pm

By the way, I had not seen the post above mine, what are you the forum 👮‍♀️
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:52pm

The samples never show anything - the raceday gear is used raceday because it doesn’t swab. But I would like to know if they saw them drenching, needling etc.

On another note - why are there so many inquiries not going anywhere? Laing, Cameron, Laming, McPherson, etc. Why is there such a delay?

I agree, it’s like 🦗 🦗
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm
Henry Dwyer’s tubing, Logan McGill, Pateman
to the victor
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:54pm

I think Henry Dwyer must have friends in high places! Some of these drug cheats are Teflon.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

I think Henry Dwyer must have friends in high places! Some of these drug cheats are Teflon.

Do authorities really need a repeat Aquanita?
to the victor
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:03pm

He came through that system, just saying.
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:09pm

Yes. Yes they do.

As a part owner of 6 horses in 3 different yards, it gives me heart every time they catch one of the blatant doping cheats. Everyone in racing knows who the grubs are, or the ones who hang with grubs.

So yes, it's great that the Vic stewards seem to be doing appropriate target investigations. Long may it continue.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Vivarchi Vivarchi wrote:

Yes. Yes they do.

As a part owner of 6 horses in 3 different yards, it gives me heart every time they catch one of the blatant doping cheats. Everyone in racing knows who the grubs are, or the ones who hang with grubs.

So yes, it's great that the Vic stewards seem to be doing appropriate target investigations. Long may it continue.

I meant in a way where they ignore blatant cheating and it comes to bite them years later. I don’t want this rubbish swept under the carpet again.
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:16pm

He came through that system, just saying.

Any one who is/was part of that pigsty should be suspended if they look at a drenching tube the wrong way.
to the victor
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:23pm

Yes. Yes they do.

I meant in a way where they ignore blatant cheating and it comes to bite them years later. I don’t want this rubbish swept under the carpet again.

Ok. Gotcha.Clap
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:02am

Yes. Yes they do.

=D>]
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 7:53pm
Maybe this little cheat needs his own thread. The cheats obviously cannot train as they have to rely on illegally doping. He must have thought he would get away with it at Swan Hill.
https://www.racing.com/news/2018-07-20/eden-charged-for-raceday-treatment
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>