Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

She Will Reign .... Flyer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:38pm
Star Superstar. 

Raced all over the place after jumping in the air at the start, wobbled around the corner ane just smashed them in the straight.

Back to Sydney where she knows what to do and she'll beat all comers.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:38pm
She’s already Randwick winner
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:39pm
reductio ad absurdum
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Terrific run but 1000m around the Valley is nothing like Rwick 1200m

Randwick will suit her better, coming from 3rd last at the Valley tonight was a massive run.
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:40pm
Great win, but isnt that pretty much what extreme choice did last year in the Moir
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Everest is hers. Write the cheque now

Steady on. Vidorra ( Vidorra!) was a certainty beaten there.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:45pm

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:48pm
Very good run, exceptional filly. She was very impressive, but The Everest will be tougher. Massive chance though, but not over the line yet as some are declaring. Tomorrow may bring about another impressive winner to change our minds again.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:49pm
Good girl!

I wouldn't be getting too carried away though.

A couple of luckless ones behind the leader get a run, and she could easily have finished 3rd.

She did the job though and will be improved, but does Viddora have an Everest Ticket? 

Chautauqua will stake his claim tomorrow. 

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:54pm
Fabulous win, and a great training performance, I didn't think she would kick of such a hot speed, I wonder if furious is up of the floor yet, wonderful pick from the yearling catalogue.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 11:58pm
If She Will Reign finished anywhere but in front they could claim to have been unlucky as well. 

How much ground did she cover ?

Agreed, Out there she was able to build up momentum whilst others were being stopped but she was still incredible and will be far better as her distances increase.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:13am
Wow what a star. Amazing win. I can't find anything else in that race worthy of winning more than her. Full stop.
Sunline...simply supreme
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:13am
Viddora a cert beaten.

The Everest winner goes around tomorrow.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:27am
Originally posted by TOLEDO TOLEDO wrote:

Great win, but isnt that pretty much what extreme choice did last year in the Moir

reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Viddora a cert beaten.

Not sure if you're trolling, Viddora had close to the run of the race, covered 0 extra ground, no trouble getting out and last 200 when she was out was slower than She Will Reign after she did a stack of work in the run.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Viddora a cert beaten.

Not sure if you're trolling, Viddora had close to the run of the race, covered 0 extra ground, no trouble getting out and last 200 when she was out was slower than She Will Reign after she did a stack of work in the run.

Viddora didn’t come off the bridle until the 100m.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:46am
SWR worked hard around the turn no doubt. Viddora was jogging as they straightened and only got clear air at the 100m. SWR has already built momentum and that made the difference. No argument from me that SWR deserved the win though.
Long Row View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Row Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 1:13am
Went to the track tonight thinking she might be a special. Probably tops Lonhro winning the Aus Cup as the best racing experience of my life. When she settled third last and wide and was scrubbed up a way out there was no way she could win. That was a hot field and for an early 3yo to win like that - special.

I hope tbey keep going with her because she might write a new chapter in history.

Seeing is believing!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 1:38am
Cannot believe anyone is suggesting Viddora should have won. Watching a different race.
Sunline...simply supreme
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 2:05am
Extreme Choice and Samaready won this race like world beaters as 3 Year olds.
diva View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 8:48am
Dont post too often, but that was absolutely sensational! I cant wait for The Everest
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:45am
Not on the floor Carioca I was watching in bed.  Did think that there is no doubt she is the best I've picked from the sales now though.  Marceau, Hit it Benny, Lawman, Robian Steel, Festal, Centro, Coronation Day, Starstruck, Innocent King, Nick's Joy, Singing the Blues, Kenwood Melody, He's No Pie Eater, Dealer Principal, Blue Tosca, Headway, Toorak Toff and a few others are all G1 winners I've picked over the years but I can't remember one that excited me as much as this girl does.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 11:01am
He's No Pie Eater head and shoulders above the lot.

What a shame never got to stud.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Not on the floor Carioca I was watching in bed.  Did think that there is no doubt she is the best I've picked from the sales now though.  Marceau, Hit it Benny, Lawman, Robian Steel, Festal, Centro, Coronation Day, Starstruck, Innocent King, Nick's Joy, Singing the Blues, Kenwood Melody, He's No Pie Eater, Dealer Principal, Blue Tosca, Headway, Toorak Toff and a few others are all G1 winners I've picked over the years but I can't remember one that excited me as much as this girl does.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

You have learnt your trade well furious, and I dips me lid to ya .
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 11:59am
Samaready was 4 when she won Saintly. EC broke the drought (although from memory few good 3yos have targeted the race in the last decade) and you have to go back more than a decade to find the previous 3yo winner  and that was also a filly, the flyer Virage De Fortune in 2005. The 1980s and 90s were vintage eras for 3yos but The Moir wasn't a G1 then.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:00pm
Yes that was a big shame when he died young.  I have other G1 winners even have Scales of Justice and Single Gaze running tomorrow but I left the young ones out.  My mare families have performed over the years also.  As long as they go to a good stud I follow them and Trapeze Artist, Preferment, Playing God, Griante, Grand Journey, Divine Prophet, Flying Artie (although I picked him out of the sale as well), Exosphere, Inference all are part of that side of the ones I follow.  Get's a bit busy at time finding them all but it keeps me looking for changes in pedigrees ect.  Each generation brings differences and yet also brings up similar patterns which fit the patterns I look for.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:07pm
Actually Djebel Lawman was a very good horse even placed behind the King in the Cox Plate but I probably fluked him early in my picking.  Those days I picked on what I liked and that included horses by Kapalaran who I wouldn't pick today as she was a sale topper.  I know tend to look for bargain buys or ones I think are selling for unders so I can miss alot of good horses with that set of standards also.  
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Not on the floor Carioca I was watching in bed.  Did think that there is no doubt she is the best I've picked from the sales now though.  Marceau, Hit it Benny, Lawman, Robian Steel, Festal, Centro, Coronation Day, Starstruck, Innocent King, Nick's Joy, Singing the Blues, Kenwood Melody, He's No Pie Eater, Dealer Principal, Blue Tosca, Headway, Toorak Toff and a few others are all G1 winners I've picked over the years but I can't remember one that excited me as much as this girl does.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Wow, some good'ns there furious, and some good memories.

i backed robian steel one day in brissy..,must have been carnival time up there and it won. bart trained him right?

nicks joy - trained by johnny shoard at wfarm. his owner was a colorful character

i cant remember hit it benny but i do remember a handy middle distance horse "hit again benny" ??? maybe it was a progeny.

marceau was a decent sire ??

i was only a wee punter still at school back then.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:35pm
yep I'm one of the ancient ones here although a few have years on me also!  Yes Marceau was a decent if not great sire.  Best one by a stallion I've picked is Bonecrusher.  His sire Pag-Asa was a dog but had ability and was stakes placed.  All the good things must of ended up in Bonecrusher.  Marceau got Hula Chief and Hula Drum.  While I have some youngs ones now at stud Stratum Star, Unencumbered, Divine Calling, Spill the Beans, Flying Artie, Swear and Fighting Sun so hopefully one can be a good sire.

I'm hoping In Her Time can run a blinder today and get an invite to the Everest then I'll have three runners but She Will Reign is definately the stable flag bearer.  I don't think Rock Magic, Derryn or Voodoo Lad did enough to push into the field last night.  The second horse had the right pattern to her pedigree also but obviously I missed her!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

He's No Pie Eater head and shoulders above the lot.

What a shame never got to stud.

His brother is at stud.  You could try him Big smile
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>