Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Dosage - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

shamus award

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shamus award
    Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 11:17am
cannot make a case for this horse dosage wise (2.62 and 32 pts) to win @ 2000 mtrs let alone, at moonee valley any opinions on his achievement and future
dont put mouth in gear before engaging brain

www.ozisafety.com.au
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 6:13pm
been away from the forum for a while so to get the ball rolling.....

I reckon this years cox plate apart from the melb cup form from it,(when my cup tip saluted) provided was a pretty weak affair, if a maiden, no matter how good "the" reckon it is can lead all the way and win Australia's best wfa race I think iy justifies my thoughts

I don't think shamus can win @ a handicap (weighted out) and I think if he wins again, a mile may pull him up

I could count on one hand the number of times a horse with a similar dosage profile has won this race, and without going through old files I don't think they did much after their win.....now if that doesn't elicit response nothing will

www.ozisafety.com.au
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 6:41pm
The dosage ppl are few & far between so you may be waiting a while for a reply tho' The Mayor might be sooner than later Wink. Btw, you may've missed your b'day thread in General, not that it got very busy Ermm
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Gerald View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 10:35pm
You need to be well versed in pedigrees to be able to comment at length on Shamus Award - there's quite a few obscure sires there.  Question

All I can say is that in 5 generations, the only influence for real stamina is Nijinsky.

Most people share your opinion about Shamus Award.

There's just a few of us contrary-types who hope the underdog will confound us all, and do something good again in the future.

take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 6:51pm
what on earth has that got to do with my post?

www.ozisafety.com.au
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 7:34pm
Side Glance came out the next week and won a G1.

I hope the form stands up. I don't see why it shouldn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic