Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

SEARCH - How To

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEARCH - How To
    Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:44pm
Click Search........Advanced Search............Change Message Body to Topic Subject   MOST IMPORTANT then type in Keyword

If unsure as to which forum it'll be in, opt for All Forums immediately below Keyword box.

You'll have no trouble doing the above but remember Topic Subject not Message Body as the latter just times out.

OR

When searching for thread titles use google and type in  "subject thoroughbred village" and any or all threads with that or those words in it, will show up in the search results...
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:50pm
thanks Gay3
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
The search functionality does not work all the time - especially if there are long searches or network timeouts.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
I exclusively us GOOGLE with say - Juddmonte Thoroughbred Village 

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I exclusively us GOOGLE with say - Juddmonte Thoroughbred Village 

Fair enuff - Obviously this better than the search facility within the forum page

Blake Shinn - Thoroughbred Horse Racing and Breeding Forums ...

forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au › Horse Racing - Public Forums › Racing Forum
1 day ago - 1 post - ‎1 author
While I'm here in Melbourne....Blake Shinn rode a treble at Arlington Park, Illinois.Race 3 Christian...
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm
Did you follow Gay's instructions by changing the <Search In> default to "Topic Subject"?

Shouldn't have to but the Mayor failed to deliver on making that the default so you have to remember to change it every time.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:30pm
1/2 the trouble is people assuming they're the 1st to post a subject e.g. the latest on Almandin who already has a 4 page thread.
OR:  Laziness
OR:  No thought given at all LOL
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Thank MK Disapprove

I think you should be forgiving of new members.

And perhaps as with the Blake Shinn thread, Do you really need to find a thread that has less than one page and is more than 5 years old ?

When I manually look for a thread it is amazing how often I find more than one thread on a certain subject.

In summary, why make your job harder for a thread that has run its course and has been stagnet for so long ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
sometimes I want to find a thread that has sort of meandered off track a bit, subject wise,  over time,        ( as a lot here tend to do ? LOL )        and I cant remember what the actual original title was.    thats when I get stumped ! 
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:41am
you can often find it by googling the subject and thoroughbred village forums , even if you don't have the exact wording
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:44am
I will try that next time.  Thanks.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic