Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

SEARCH Function

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:05am
And having done that, change the dropdown box from Message Body to Topic, otherwise it doen't work at all, for me, anyway Thumbs Up
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:21am
Yes, and either be in the forum you think the topic is in, or choose the likely candidates in turn.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:32am
and for the last time...

when searching for topics on TBV it is easier, faster & more reliable to open google and type in the word you are searching for followed by the words Thoroughbred Village.

for example...

type in... The God Delusion thoroughbred Village and Google will present you with all threads pertaining to that topic..

the end..

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:13am
Anyone else having troubles with the Sportsbet banner covering up the advanced search option?
If so, could you state your OS & browser, it might be helpful Confused
Mine's Win NT4 Firefox 3 & is operational even tho' it's partially covered.

As an aside, I actually have Win 8.1 but it's adapted to operate the same as W7 so why does the Active Users OS/Browser column have me as NT4?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 11:20am
you can remove all the banners by using a plug in called ad blocker...I've shown this to the forum before..

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 10:44am
Not functioning since I'm not sure when, perhaps a few day? Having to google TBV & the subject Angry
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 10:48am
It's always been gelati IMO.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 12:09pm
for the 100th time use google and put the words 'thoroughbred village' after your search words...

so example...seraching for say David hayes, so type 'David Hayes thoroughbred village' into google search and it will find all topics relative to David hayes..

easy..

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

It's always been gelati IMO.

Clap

I use the google method too...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 12:26pm
the mayor cares very little for the site generally, so improving the search engine is never going to happen
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 10:31am
The 'simple' search appears to work now on 'topic' but the advanced does not Evil Smile
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 10:45am
Did you put a shilling in the meter box?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 10:54am
Dammit.................I forgot the Mayor only just changed it over to metrics Lamp
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 5:11pm
Will this ever be fixed, so it works like it does on other sites?

Quite annoying having to try 5 different combination of settings just to get some results.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Will this ever be fixed, so it works like it does on other sites?

Quite annoying having to try 5 different combination of settings just to get some results.

I hate to say it but this is one thing where Fiddlesticks advice is the best advice.

Simply use google.

I doubt there is a thread for Great Choice as google did not find it.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 5:21pm
REPEAT:

Search/Advanced Search/Search By Keyword/Select Forum (or leave on All Forums)
Search In always change from Message Body to TOPIC SUBJECT otherwise it will NOT work.
Never fails for me or others who adhere to the above advice.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 2:49pm
When I search for Lloyd Williams the only thing that comes up is the thread that I bought up.

reductio ad absurdum

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

When I search for Lloyd Williams the only thing that comes up is the thread that I bought up.

Just put in Williams' the only other one is Craig.
Apart from that, I can only suggest that like most men, you too are unable to follow instructions step by step LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Apr 2016 at 3:15pm
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 3:16pm
LOL

reductio ad absurdum

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 3:18pm
Click Search........Advanced Search............Change Message Body to Topic Subject   MOST IMPORTANT then type in Keyword

If unsure as to which forum it'll be in, opt for All Forums immediately below Keyword box.

You'll have no trouble doing the above but remember Topic Subject not Message Body as the latter just times out.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:51pm
Today i've twice sent searching for threads i posted in using keywords, these threads nor my posts would come up, but other posts with the word would.

This was the Zadon thread and the Authoritarian threads, i could find neither thread while searching for my posts, and had to find them manually.

Otherwise the search function seems to be working without issue.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm
Just go to google and type the TOPIC you want forum.thoroughbredvillage
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm
Yes Google is best way to find something here

Thoroughbred village search ''Zadon'' 

Thoroughbred Village search ''Authoritarian''
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:23pm

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

We can't use it to find anything & the problem is now 2 weeks old Angry
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:30pm
Still absolutely disgraceful.  Angry

Absolutely disgraceful? Really?
Mayor

Edited by Mayor - 02 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
vaopoaljsie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vaopoaljsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:31pm
Still not working
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:58am
Please google   *thoroughbred village topic* untill the function is restored Smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm
Simple search times out on 'topic'using the word japan, presently on the front page. Most know not to use this function so go to Advanced which has worked fine untill 3 weeks ago.

Advanced - All Forums - Search In - change to Topic Title - daylight (presently front page)  just worked ok.

Repeat using winx, americain, ripper, photo, system (front page)

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Also in advanced search, member name e.g. Bonfield & anyone else you'd like to try

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 6:30pm
Up the spout again?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 6:40pm
Advanced search seems ok
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic