Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog November 17 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog November 17 2018
    Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 5:21am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:23am
Good morning Gay3 and all.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 9:01am
Sandown

R3 Aristocratic Miss e/w

save Win on Into The Abyss who looks the one to
    beat.

R4 Mahamedeis e/w
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:46am
Three 2yo runners in the first at Sandown trained by H.H.&D....all got headgear, = desperation?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:15pm
I hate this time of year on the punt. The best are gone and the also rans are making up the fields in Melbourne.

Back to Sydney, I wasn't having a bet but the value was too good to ignore so I'm having 2 bets. Well 3 if you count the all up with the 2.

Badajoz @ $10. Should be ready to win now 3rd up from a spell and is racing back in class.

Deft @ $6. Returned to racing really well and is one of my favourites from a breeding point of view.
Exceed and Excel x Dextrous. She is a full sister to Sidestep and half to Skilled and Ambidexter.
She'd be worth plenty as a broodmare.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:35pm
Bet L Cassidy never gets another ride from C Waller after his non effort in the first @ Doomben. Here’s the chance for Peter Chadwick to show he is fair dinkum in cleaning up racing in Qld. The ride on Button Pusher in the second, was at best, incompetent. Suspend or send to the bush for a while. Protect the punters Peter.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Sandown

R3 Aristocratic Miss e/w

save Win on Into The Abyss who looks the one to
    beat.

R4 Mahamedeis e/w

R5   Miss Rock   $6.50
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

Bet L Cassidy never gets another ride from C Waller after his non effort in the first @ Doomben. Here’s the chance for Peter Chadwick to show he is fair dinkum in cleaning up racing in Qld. The ride on Button Pusher in the second, was at best, incompetent. Suspend or send to the bush for a while. Protect the punters Peter.

I agree completely with what you're saying.

Larry should be retired. I try to avoid backing his horses. His ride in the opener was a disgrace.

However, with the other horse you mentioned, a 3 kilo apprentice was on it. You have to factor that in when you're betting. I know it was a crap ride but the reality is some of those apprentices can't actually steer. It's a battle for them to just stay on the horse. They're learning. I know it sucks for punting but that's just the way it is. I've been on the receiving end of them many a time.

Blame the trainer. They must have known the horse was wayward. And it's a bloody 2 year old. Putting on an apprentice is a recipe for disaster. Should know better.
 Post Reply Post Reply