Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog January 13 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:44pm
I had a big bet on Sedanzer and had it anchored in many doubles and trebles. Tumultuous of all things to pip me
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:54pm
Gold Coast

R5 Pretty Fast $11.00 3.50
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:00pm
Global Glamour cannot win with 60.5kg
Jim
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
Quite a remarkable feat at Glen Innes. Horse by the name of Four More Millers. It was a maiden for 24 starts and since then has won four races on the trot.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:22pm
anyone know why ipswich was abandoned? is it too hot?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:23pm
Flemington

R6 Believing $9.50 - 3.00

saver on Scappare
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:26pm
Oh didnt realise it was down the straight....idiot

A bit on Punt Club at $7.50
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:34pm
Gold Coast

Care to Think $3.10
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:46pm
Flemington

R7 Dollar for Dollar $2.80
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Gold Coast

R7 Sasso Corbaro e/w
Jim
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
wonder what the go is with japonisme - very good horse earlier in its career then butchered. hasnt won for 2 years and couldn't run a mile down a well either. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
My best for the day is Imitation Game in the next at Queanbeyan. If it jumps with them it should win. Uncharacteristically bombed the start last time. The key to the horse is to hold it together as long as possible. Only has a short sprint. Looks it's race in my opinion.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:29pm
For anyone that cares

The next race at Sydney

Samadoubt beat Zafina by 3.8 lengths who Won the first race on the Gold Coast today.

I'm on $2.80
Jim
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

My best for the day is Imitation Game in the next at Queanbeyan. If it jumps with them it should win. Uncharacteristically bombed the start last time. The key to the horse is to hold it together as long as possible. Only has a short sprint. Looks it's race in my opinion.

We eat tonight

Horse surprised me there. Really knuckled down to win on the wire. Might be able to pinch another one.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:23pm
Nice one MJB.

The best I could get was a free bet and a placegetter at $4.20.
No serious damage.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:26pm
Last race

Soho Ruby looks like a good thing in the last $4.20

Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:38pm
Crap

Egyptian Symbol on the Coast & $4.40

Sunlight saved me.

Jim
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
Managed to get the quaddie at headquarters for 50 cents. Might have to shout myself a lappy down at King Street tonight.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:48pm
Surely you jest MJB, either that or you're an absolute #*! genius. 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Surely you jest MJB, either that or you're an absolute #*! genius. 

Definitely no genius, l've blown over 200k on the punt in the last few months. Never betting on the Spring Carnival again It will take me a long time to build up again. But it's just good to regain some form.

As for the quaddie, Annrhon was a luckless run at Werribee so it was always going in my quaddie. Right down in the weights to 51 kilos a big tick too. The other three legs weren't hard at all.

I really should have got it for alot more. Usually l take a fat ticket and a couple of skinny tickets. Today l just took a fat one. Annrhon along with Pravo were my top picks in that race so l've cost myself a fair bit.

On to tomorrow
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:01pm
Miss Cuoco - The  Gawler punters superstar!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Oh the jock on Royal Typhoon, pity you , he's not a fence horse and was SO unlucky.

Anyone who likes to watch replays for blackbookers park your peepers on this one, R2
Randwick, can't miss him , big bay horse 3rd on the fence in pink n blue, bred to get a mile and a half, 1000MT today and they ran 57-43,
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:21pm

Oh the jock on Royal Typhoon, pity you , he's not a fence horse and was SO unlucky.

Anyone who likes to watch replays for blackbookers park your peepers on this one, R2
Randwick, can't miss him , big bay horse 3rd on the fence in pink n blue, bred to get a mile and a half, 1000MT today and they ran 57-43,

Good find. Arguably should have won. Going back through it's replays, it was trapped wide without any cover at it's last two runs as well. Safe to say the horse can't catch a break. But in saying that, the horse does appear to have a few mannerism issues. I try to steer clear of these horses as they've burnt me time and time again.

Have to feel for the trainer and connections. They probably elected to head to Randwick because of the big track but unfortunately the horse has found itself cluttered up on the rail. Racing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic