Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog February 16 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog February 16 2019
    Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 7:41am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:24am
My Broken Heart=   Having tipped Hunamosa on 26/1/19.    unp and wins last night at $26. Without me .        . Should I ring Life Line? .

Or--- get it back on Flem 4 --1 Microphone
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 11:25am
All welcome over in the Autumn Winner and Roughies comp.  You choose the ones in the weeks G1 events so will run through to the end of the ATC Carnival.
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
Cincinnati Red in the first is a good thing EW

In lightening I like Osbourne Bulls
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:41pm
Why is Swan Island such long odds in the Talindert? She was beaten 2.5 lengths by the current Blue Diamond favourite first up after getting smashed at the top of the straight. Makes no sense to me.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:43pm
Djebel has plunged on Frankel My Dear.  Shocked
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:06pm
Gee that was a big tough win over 2200m by Ohm’s Law at Bendigo.
Only having his second start, by a stallion I’ve never heard of.
Could suit a SA Derby or something like that.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm
Xav the sire Man Of Power won just one race in NZ but is by Redoute's Choice from the champion mare Mannerism.

Robbie said just the other day that the 3yo "showed potential but knew nothing" or words to that effect.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Xav the sire Man Of Power won just one race in NZ but is by Redoute's Choice from the champion mare Mannerism.

Robbie said just the other day that the 3yo "showed potential but knew nothing" or words to that effect.

Interesting, thanks. Will put in the black book and see where he bobs up next
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:17pm
This Talindert is a tough race.

Not sure how Alburq is $15. And I like the debutante Charleise @$31.

If you get the winner in one here, you are going well!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:24pm
The rail is pretty hot, and not many making ground. 

In Her Time might shorten appreciably.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:57pm
Microphine ( God luv him )     bolted in along the rail side.   

One may have to re think the lightening .

( Scamanda put his house on Microphone at "Tom" prices. ) he's a good judge.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:12pm
Are we taking on Brutal?

I am!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 3:24pm
Okay lets play with some of that Brutal money.

Critical Thinking here at Flemington each way around $15.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:14pm
The pride of Tassie wins at HQ
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
What a great post race interview with Scott Brunton after The Inevitable's win.  Thumbs Up
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
[QUOTEy=Xavier] The pride of Tassie wins at HQ[/QUOTE]

He's only a little fella!
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:20pm
THE Pony was bigger... great story and win
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:23pm
Big push for Written By, $8 to $5.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:25pm
Taking the $12 for Nakeeta Jane here.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Congrats Voyager

I backed the 3rd horse. I think l may have been a good thing beat there. Have to watch it again.
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Very nice work
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Big push for Written By, $8 to $5.

Leaders bias all day on inside
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:38pm
In Her Time @ $5 will do me as a saver-plus now that Divine Quality is no hope the way the track's playing.
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:40pm
Went from being very confident on OB to not so much...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Good one comrade.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:43pm
Okay Taking In Her Time and Graff here.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:43pm
That Dundeel was so tiny the girl looked to big to be riding him.  But he really tried.  Nice to see the Dundeels starting to get a nice record going with the South African Derby winner leading the way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 4:55pm
The good judges got the money. Thumbs Up And I did too.  Big smile
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
Not a bad day for the good female lines.  Thunder Cloud is the family of Dancing Brave.  Nakeeta Jane is the family of Round Table.  Eckstein is the family of Canny Lass/Canny Lad.  Amphitrite is the family of Marble Halls and a great New Zealander called Powley (dual G1 and 15 stakes races).  Microphone is from the family of Yell (three G1's) and the grand female line of Manto (Written Tycoon etc) while The Inevitable goes backto Trieste an AJC Oaks winner and this is a different branch of the family which gave us Savabeel etc.  Even Winx has a decent horse in El Khobar (Doomben 10000) in her female line but then again she is the champion for this line and one which wont be seen again for a long time I'd say.  I've never this before.  They all tyre with age but that didn't seem that way to me!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>