Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Saturday Racing Blog August 18 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saturday Racing Blog August 18 2018
    Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 9:11am
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:34am
This is me today:

Randwick

R4 Lay Oohood - I have had a bonus bet on Futooh $8 and will consider backing Fiesta and/or Outback Barbie. Otherwise I'll just lay Oohood if she's short enough. Way over-bet in my view. This is a handy race.

R5 Military Zone $5/$2 from Danawi - same quinella as last start. I was on Danawi that day but I'm the reverse today after that great win by Military Zone. Extra 100m suits. Dana had to work a bit in front and that told last 100m. But he will need to work again today and the extra 100m plays into Military Zone's hands as well.

R6 D'argento $4.2 place - got on futures and happy with that. I think he runs 3rd.

R9 Kaonic $3 ***SPECIAL*** - just like we've been on Paret this prep as a new horse since breaking through, I think similarly this horse will have turned a corner now that he broke through for an overdue win back in grade. Bog field and will need luck, but he's a talented horse who will be charging home for the win with even luck.

R6 Pippie $4.6 ***BEST BET*** from Causeway Girl $21/$5.5 - I said before the race that fillies race at Moonee Valley will be one to follow horses out of it, and so I am with Pippie and Causeway Girl. Two very different fortunes in the run - Pippie - tough and classy, Causeway Girl desperately unlucky. Both can be in the finish and test a vulnerable Sunlight late.

R8 Osborne Bulls ***SPECIAL*** - time for him to come of age. Been with him all along and always thought he could win a nice race. Should be this prep and he can win here first up with that 2 from 2 record and a brilliant trial leading in. He will descend on them late!

Good luck and good punting.
Sunline...simply supreme
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:38am
Come on guys join in the fun of the Roughies and Winners comp in Competitions.  It runs on the G1 races for the spring - just for fun.  The Roughies comp is really hard I'm hopeless.  Anyway anyone can join.  Today all have gone for Winx in the Winners and we have a few roughies going.  So come along and join the fun.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 11:51am
Good morning Gay3, Sunline, furious and all. Big smile Good luck everyone! Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:32pm
Looks like their going to let punters on WINX today =

Betfair may get to $1.30 , which I think is overs, with speed in the race and several Stayers who should be behind Winx on settling .

Appears only one with a chance to beat her .

Looks like the money box gets raided again.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:37pm
Had two blokes come up to me at the pub last night to tell me that Futooh would smash them.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 2:16pm
Caulfield

R1   Remember The Name
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 3:09pm
Winx could be in trouble, the fence looks the spot to be.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Caulfield

R1   Remember The Name

——————————

Randwick

R3   Sharp Hussler   $6.50 - 2.00
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 3:53pm
Outback Barbie an absolute certainty beaten then.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

This is me today:

Randwick

R4 Lay Oohood - I have had a bonus bet on Futooh $8 and will consider backing Fiesta and/or Outback Barbie. Otherwise I'll just lay Oohood if she's short enough. Way over-bet in my view. This is a handy race.

Hope you took a trifecta!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:19pm
Have a couple of multis going into Winx for four figs each but for some reason I'm shaky after watching Randwick so far. Can cash out for 80%. Whaddyareckon?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:24pm
I'd be super nervous, the track seems very hard to make up ground and the fence is lightning.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:30pm
I'd let the bet ride. Bias doesn't worry her. It's Winx.

Who's going to beat her? There's no on pace horse who could be a danger.

Don't forget, the bias will hurt Kementari as well.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:32pm
If it was any other horse I’d be shutting my pants, but because it’s Winx.
She can do the impossible
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:35pm
Took the easy way out and cashed in the higher value 4 leg one. It may be unlikely but it'll be absolute gelatie if Winx is beaten by a biased track.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:46pm
Very nervous for the champ today.. No horse can beat her but a track might
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:57pm
I had a dream last night that she ran 5th and was retired.
Praying I’m wrong
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm
I think people are overreacting.

Have a look at where the Godolphin horse came from in race 3. And l would say she was 3 lanes away from the fence.

The minimal bias won't beat Winx. People just want to find ways for her to get rolled.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm
She’s a freak
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm

YOU BLOODY BEAUTY at $1.3
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:06pm
Thanks for the $2 Laddies
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:06pm
Only need Osborne for a 5 horse multi now
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:07pm
kiss me dead Chris is crying

Harden up ya sook
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:08pm
Phew - looked awful at the 350m mark, esp being wide.

Why would you put Schofield on anything? Most had K one/one at worst, esp on the track as it has been today. I'm happy he fu'd because I had a big place bet D'argento
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Very nervous for the champ today.. No horse can beat her but a track might

I'll never even half doubt her again
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

I think people are overreacting.

Have a look at where the Godolphin horse came from in race 3. And l would say she was 3 lanes away from the fence.

The minimal bias won't beat Winx. People just want to find ways for her to get rolled.
Out to about 4-5 wide looks the limit to me MJB. I backed Almanzora and she was 5 or 6m inside where Winx and Ooohood came. Reckon there's a length or two advantage on the inside?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:15pm
I think she looks better than this time last year.  Much better win first up anyway.  What a horse sorry should say what a mare.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:18pm
What did you all think early in the  straight? 

I hadn't given her away but boy I thought she had a task. She always had K covered the way he was ridden.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Phew - looked awful at the 350m mark, esp being wide.

Why would you put Schofield on anything? Most had K one/one at worst, esp on the track as it has been today. I'm happy he fu'd because I had a big place bet D'argento

I'm Grim's biggest hater.  

The replay will be worth watching a few times. See who the jockeys and trainers are for those involved.
Which horse dropped anchor forcing Kementari to be restrained just as a certain grey horse raced up outside him, just as Winx took the sit behind that grey horse? Slow pace on what is supposed to be a biased track.

Winx is Winx. She was always going to make up that sort of ground.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>