Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

rumour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:15pm
The Herald Sun could be sued for a hell of a lot for the innuendo this has created if it is false.

Something's definitely up.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:17pm
lovesa, i think you should be careful if what you say is true rather than going around telling everyone.

rumours are like chinese whispers. they change all the way to the last person

what ive been told is the biggest load of gelati ever

this is nothing but a rumour and whoever made it up should be the one in trouble

newcastle nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newcastle nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by andynr123 andynr123 wrote:

The Herald Sun could be sued for a hell of a lot for the innuendo this has created if it is false.

Something's definitely up.

can they be sued if they don't name him or the victim?
DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:26pm
wont be sued but is pretty stupid

some nobody has emailed the herald sun with this bull gelati rumour and they just put in a short snippet
newcastle nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newcastle nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:28pm
it wasnt this nobody!
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by DMG DMG wrote:

wont be sued but is pretty stupid

some nobody has emailed the herald sun with this bull gelati rumour and they just put in a short snippet

Read the second line of the article. It said the newspaper attended the court hearing
lovesapunt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:34pm

lovesa, i think you should be careful if what you say is true rather than going around telling everyone.

rumours are like chinese whispers. they change all the way to the last person

what ive been told is the biggest load of gelati ever

this is nothing but a rumour and whoever made it up should be the one in trouble

As I have said I hope the rumours are absolutely false. The thing is The Herald Sun was at the court hearing. They didnt just write a story because someone emailed them. Also if Hinch wouldnt release the names becuase the court surpressed the names but he did say it was a sporting person & it was a sexual attack.
Also mate telling 2 people is not everyone.
Joan Of Navare, the next turf champion????
DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:37pm
telling 2 people who then goes and tells 4 people who tells a person who tells 30 people. all adds up

unfortunatly for your sake, you are way off the mark and if your so called rumour ever got out i'd say you would be in a fair bit of trouble.

i know for a fact your rumour lovesa is very misleading

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:39pm
Firstly thats fine if its not true, as it is its a rumour & was sent to me by someone else.
Also it would be very difficult for me to get in trouble as you cant forward messages on here like you can with an email. If someone was to copy the whole message & forward it on it would be a broken chain of evidence.. etc etc etc.
BUT i get what your saying & will not say anything else on the situation.
DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:42pm
obviously someone has misinformed info and sent to you, which is totally not your fault

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
As the allegations are totally unfounded and no details are yet in the public domain, maybe it would be a good idea to delete this thread till something more substantial becomes public. It can only attract unwanted attention to this site
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by lovesapunt lovesapunt wrote:

this is all bull gelati. wouldnt take too much concern from it
I think thats totally incorrect.
There is definetly something happening but the only factors that may be different is the sporting persons name (definetly a sports person as Herald Sun said) & also the victim could be different but it was definetly a sex attack on a female (this is why names have been surpressed for now)

Even that can be looked on as rubbish.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:53pm
lovesapaunt has made a statement that it was definately a sex attack on a female.

interesting
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:55pm
Well thats what hinch said... or did he say sex attack. Maybe not sure but it was a sex attack thats why they wont release the names.
And by sex attack I mean the person wasnt consenting.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

As the allegations are totally unfounded and no details are yet in the public domain, maybe it would be a good idea to delete this thread till something more substantial becomes public. It can only attract unwanted attention to this site
I actually thought that but up to Mayor I guess or a Mod
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 6:07pm
I am surprised by your approach Dmg . It's not you they are accusing so why so vehement when nobody has been named. I agree however we all need to be careful until it's published by someone else.
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
DMG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 6:12pm
how can you say nobody has been named when i reckon everyone in this thread at least knows who it is as either lovesa or someone else has p.m'd them.

the one sickening rumour i heard that lovesa passed on is so far off the mark its not funny.

shorthead View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 6:46pm
big deal, its no offence to say damien oliver has been speaking to geelong police this week
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic