Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RUGBY LEAGUE Bookmakers.....INVERTEBRATES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RUGBY LEAGUE Bookmakers.....INVERTEBRATES
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 9:45am
I have come to the conclusion that all of the bookmakers betting on Rugby League must be Invertebrates!

They would be the weakest, most spineless animals on the earth for Live, In Play Betting.

With AFL, the only time betting is suspended is when a goal is scored.  That is it, or unless one team is ten goals in front and 1.01.

Rugby League is not a betting option In-Play because the bookmakers don't bookmake!

Whenever a team is within 30 Metres of the try line, play is susspended.  If the team who is leading the game takes possession, play is suspended.  The only time these bookmakers open the betting, is when the team who is losing the game gets a set of six in defence. 

Even as soon as the team who is behind get over centre, play is suspended.

If betting is not going to be available, then Live-In Play betting should be banned.

The bookies for Rugby League want it all one way with no risk.

They advertise LIVE BETTING, but they don't provide it!

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 10:48am

Match fixing will be brought up after the season end.

Hidden In Hollywood
Luva Punt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luva Punt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 6:03pm
Apparently there is an ex referee, that is a well known name, and a 5/8.  Is that right?
Still no excuse for the bookies to suspend betting all the time for 3/4 of the game.

Either you provide live betting, or don't advertise that you do, but don't provide it!
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:58am
i did not know that but now i understand why sometimes you ring up and they say you cant bet on it and then other times its ok.

the game a while back when the panthers were up 22-0 over parra, my brother the parra supporter wanted to back the eels and i rang up and they had no option. funnily enough my mate offered him $10 and eels went onto win and my brother collected $200 after a $20 bet. would of preferred to take it of the TAB
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 6:55pm
Something shifty happened in a game between the Dogs and Cowboys,not only was a penalty goal kicked as the first scoring option with 95% more money on that option than any other game this year but the Bulldogs came back from the dead to win after giving away a huge start.
Hidden In Hollywood
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Something shifty happened in a game between the Dogs and Cowboys,not only was a penalty goal kicked as the first scoring option with 95% more money on that option than any other game this year but the Bulldogs came back from the dead to win after giving away a huge start.

Nothing new about the Cowboys getting off to a flyer, they did it a few times at the back end of the season, remember the one against the Tigers on a Monday night? Also kicked out to an early lead against the Panthers at Penrith.
The Bulldogs game was in Townsville and the Dogs hadn't been exactly setting the world on fire this year.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 9:15am
My main point was about the penalty goal as first scoring option for the Cowboys with so much money invested on it.

Tandy gives away a  shifty penalty in front and everyones happy.
Hidden In Hollywood
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 10:14pm
But they didn't kick the goal, Anthony Watts took a quick tap and they scored a try, no-one told Watts about the sting LOL
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 10:42pm

Police ID three in NRL bet inquiry into Bulldogs-North Queensland match

By Peter Badel
September 23, 2010

Crime authorities have identified persons of interest in the NRL betting plunge as the net closes on the architects of the mysterious scheme that has sparked a police probe.

Investigations into suspicious betting activity surrounding the Canterbury-Bankstown-North Queensland Cowboys clash in round 24 took a fresh twist on Wednesday when NSW police moved to quell reports an outcome was imminent.

However new facts have surfaced in the investigation, including:

* Three Cowboys players have been named in material obtained by NSW State Crime Command detectives.

* A series of bets for the Cowboys to kick the first penalty goal of the match were placed in two north Queensland locations, including a Townsville-based club.

* Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy, who has tabled a report to the NRL, revealed he was able to identify individuals captured on CCTV footage placing bets at a TAB outlet.

* Money directly linked to the Cowboys-Bulldogs plunge extended to New Zealand.

A top-level police source said detectives had identified persons of interest.

The insider would not confirm if the suspects were NRL players, but crime detectives have received a text message containing allegations made against eight individuals.

Three are players contracted to the Cowboys, although club football operations chief Peter Parr has vehemently denied anyone at the club was involved in the betting plunge last month.

Murrihy said he identified individuals from closed-circuit footage. The footage reportedly features a retired league player, who has denied any involvement in the plunge.

Asked if NRL players are involved, Murrihy said: "I won't go down that track. What I will say is the betting requires some deeper investigation. We were able to identify a number and the remaining ones I'd suspect the police would identify them."

A Sydney radio station published the text message on its website on Wednesday, blanking out the names of those allegedly involved.

Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr declined to comment on the allegations against his players given the betting scandal is the subject of a police investigation.

"The game has been referred to the police by the NRL," Parr said.

"As a result of that, I can't comment on anything at all."

Hidden In Hollywood
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 10:53pm
'Three are players contracted to the Cowboys, although club football operations chief Peter Parr has vehemently denied anyone at the club was involved in the betting plunge last month.'

How would he know no-one at the club was involved?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic