Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Royal Symphony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
I'll get that formatting right one day. Sorry about that.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 12:50pm
that is bad luck..... The jinx of knocking back big money strikes again
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Probably in the top 5 horses in Australia. The poor horse simply can not catch a break.

He is classes above his human connections.

You have the best seat in the house son.
Know everything but go to work Mondays to earn a crust.
Cant for the life of me understand why you simply don't just blitz this game.
You should get a licence mate and become an overnight sensation.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Bi Carb Bi Carb wrote:

Probably in the top 5 horses in Australia. The poor horse simply can not catch a break.

Comment of the year
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
Hahahaha
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Bi Carb Bi Carb wrote:

I'll take that on one of my many chins.

It's about the only credit I'll give most Aussie trainers, they have got off their ass and are living their dream.

reductio ad absurdum
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:35pm
Retired
This space has been intentionally left blank
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:08pm
Did his leg go (again) in his trackwork?  Or some other problem ???  I own one of his relatives so this is bad news for me over and above the loss of an exciting race horse.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:17pm
Suspensory is gone again
This space has been intentionally left blank
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:45pm
Well well well.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 9:18pm
Alpine Eagle, Royal Symphony and...…..oh forget it, you get the picture   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 8:04am
Geez this is a shame, only just found out.
When I went to Cox Plate last year, I was watching Royal Symphony post cox plate near stables, such a light frame, was going to fill out nicely. Super horse.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm
The good news is that they said they would give him a year off and then give him another preparation.  Obviously stem cell therapy did not do the miracle cure here that they'd hoped for.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Mumtaz Mumtaz wrote:

The good news is that they said they would give him a year off and then give him another preparation.  Obviously stem cell therapy did not do the miracle cure here that they'd hoped for.

Are the owners loyal to McEvoy ?

Id be getting him out of there.

I'd rather he was at Weirs.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
A forgotten talent has returned to work in an attempt to get him back to the heights that got him into fourth placing in a Cox Plate.

Royal Symphony had a crack at the big time when fourth in both the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate before successive tendon injuries kept him off the scene since October 2017.

Tony McEvoy trained Royal Symphony to win four of his seven starts before his long-term injuries but Hawkes Racing welcomed the classy performer to their Flemington stable last Tuesday.

Co-trainer Wayne Hawkes confirmed Royal Symphony’s arrival at Saturday’s Caulfield meeting.

The son of Domesday spent time recuperating at the property of part-owner Amanda Dunn, the wife of Caulfield Cup-winning jockey Dwayne Dunn, in between rehabilitation stints at Monomeith Stud.

Royal Symphony completed four blocks of pre-training on the water walker at Monomeith before heading to the Hawkes Racing stable.

It is uncertain whether Royal Symphony will make it back to the races this time in or whether it takes a couple of preparations to get the now five-year-old back to racing condition.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:39pm
I reckon that should say 4th in Caulfield Guineas and Cox Plate, not the Caulfield Cup.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:53pm
Correct.
Racenet article
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 10:53pm
Trainer change I see? Wonder if they have jockey change soon?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:50am
Owned by Dunn’s wife so probably not
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:05pm
Still might get interesting
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Owned by Dunn’s wife so probably not
that’s what is interesting
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 12:18pm
Jumpout this morning. Orange, white cap

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:37pm
Thanks for that.

He looked good - now all he needs to do is stay sound.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:59pm
Perhaps we get to see him first up over the carnival??
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:16pm
He's nominated for a Listed Race over 1200 at Flemington (R4) on Cup day.  

His jump outs have been good.  Apparently this will be his only start this prep and then he will be spelled for Autumn.  So the main concern is that he stays sound after this race, but a win would be good too!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:18pm
Why not give an easier assignment over a mile ?

Being run off his legs over 1200 is far more likely to cause injury.
reductio ad absurdum
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
I'm inclined to agree with you.

But he has been trialling well over 800m, if he is to be a stallion later they might want to show his genuine speed and it is down the straight, so no sideways strains.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:54am
Should have kept quiet!

He is now down as race 9 @ 4:40, with Parsifal as the favourite.  Still over 1200m.

I see that the Melbourne Cup's last two entries are the only two Australian bred runners.  The bit that keeps surprising me is that again the low number of New Zealanders - two.  There was a time when the best horses over distance in Australia (and most of them too) were New Zealanders.  But it looks like NZ is breeding in the 1600m general area for the Hong Kong market.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 9:05am
I am looking forward to seeing him today.
I just hope he stays sound 🤞🏾
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
The most positive thing I can say is I hope he is sound.

The way he went early said he was either sore, or not prepared to get into a scrimmage after being bashed up two years ago in the Cox Plate.  Either way not promising for a racing future, but let's hope he is not in pain.

The good news is that there have been no announcements about him from the stables.  So wait and see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>