Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rosehill 19/03/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navajo72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosehill 19/03/11
    Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 9:43am
As much as I like to see good horses going around and winning I think it is disappointing to see the first 5 races at Rosehill have 7 starters or less and have an odds on pop as the fav.  With the Sydney autumn races being a major carnival on the Australian racing calender with plenty of prizemoney on offer I wonder where all the horses are??.  If you like anything to beat the favs on sat you will sure to get good odds.  For a bit of interest I will fave a $5 all up on the 5 odds on favs at these current fixed price odds:

R1 No2 Flying Empress $1.75
R2 No1 Sepoy $1.25
R3 No1 Satin Shoes $1.65
R4 No5 More Joyous $1.26
R5 No2 Maluckyday $1.85
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

The Nem View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Nem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:26am
may as well put Moshe in that bracket, too! $1.38 and just wins tonight!
Show me a good loser and i'll show you a loser...
Simo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:49am
Add in Golden Archer too if that's the case. 1.65 and it's up against nothing considerable of note, where as Commanding Time in the Moshe race was 2.2l to Stirling Grove which isn't bad form for this considering the considerable weight increase for Moshe.

Golden Archer looks much better value at the 1.60-1.65 quote IMO.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 10:51am
Magita 3.60

Maluckyday 1.85

Hidden In Hollywood
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 12:11pm
Looks like multi's are the way to go with the short priced favourites this week if you a having a bet.
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 12:15pm
Multi's are never the way to go!Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 12:28pm
Don't say that! lol
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 12:45pm
I had a multi a few weeks ago, Sepoy in the BD, Black Caviar in the Newmarket, Satin Shoes in the Silver Slipper, More Joyous in the Futurity, and Star Witness in the Oakleigh Plate, the SW got scratched and it was nearly not worth cashing in! 
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 12:49pm
I had Whobe into Caviar into Shocking (place) last week, paying just over $6. Was very happy to see the results when i knocked off cricket. Would've preferred if i put in Shocking to win rather than place though Cry
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Mr_Willy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2011 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Jolls Jolls wrote:

I had Whobe into Caviar into Shocking (place) last week, paying just over $6. Was very happy to see the results when i knocked off cricket. Would've preferred if i put in Shocking to win rather than place though Cry

My old man took that multi, except he took Shocking to win..LOL
navajo72 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote navajo72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by navajo72 navajo72 wrote:

As much as I like to see good horses going around and winning I think it is disappointing to see the first 5 races at Rosehill have 7 starters or less and have an odds on pop as the fav.  With the Sydney autumn races being a major carnival on the Australian racing calender with plenty of prizemoney on offer I wonder where all the horses are??.  If you like anything to beat the favs on sat you will sure to get good odds.  For a bit of interest I will fave a $5 all up on the 5 odds on favs at these current fixed price odds:

R1 No2 Flying Empress $1.75
R2 No1 Sepoy $1.25
R3 No1 Satin Shoes $1.65
R4 No5 More Joyous $1.26
R5 No2 Maluckyday $1.85

gees...lucky it was only a $5 fun bet...2 from 2 odds on pops beaten so far
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 12:00pm
Well my multi is beaten in the first leg.. lol
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 12:00pm
might be 5 form 5?
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 4:30pm
Got back from Rosehill and a mate told me to get on Swift Alliance in the last.
Hidden In Hollywood
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 4:31pm
Cry Deary me,terrible day at the Hill
Hidden In Hollywood
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:38pm
Value and bankroll management, value and bankroll management.

Here endeth the lesson.Smile
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:56pm
the bookies will partay well into the nightBig smile
enthes View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enthes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:59pm
had all my money on fastclip thought it was in the bag until i saw blackie change gears.

everyone must be having a bad run lately lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic