Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rolf Harris arrested again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:08am
Precisely what were the allegations against Rolf?

1) That aged 35 years, he had sex with a 16 year old female back in the Swinging 60's and 70's.
He tickled and pinched a couple of backsides of teenage girls.
This incidentally makes him as big a criminal as half the male population of Italy and most of continental Europe.
It was the 1960's, not the repressive big brother decades of the 2000's.
But forget the slap and tickle. the guy could paint. He was an artist unlike most other Anglos.
His work should be treasured not trashed.
I would rather see beautiful art from a man who likes girls, than federation square made from a homosexual.
Im also angry how that call him a pedophile.
My understanding is that most of the girls involved were at least 16 years old.
Charlie Chaplin married a 13 year old girl when he was in his 40's.
I dont see anyone destroying Charlie Chaplins lifes works. Probably because unlike Rolf,,, Chaplin was a Communist,, the world media dont like to attack those people.

And they are confusing Rolf with Jimmy Seville.
They criticised Rolf for telling a 16 year old female that she looked pretty in her bathing clothes.
What a pig??
He dared with Artists eyes to declare that a 16 year old in a bikini is attractive.
The anglo media is sick.
The age of consent in Hungary until it joined the European Union and was forced by England to change, was 13 years.
Rolf was an artist, and by nature as such, was very focused on naked form.

Watch the old episodes of Paul Hogan, Are you being Served, and the Carry On films of the 60's.
It was a different era, and its super unfair to judge him by the morality of this repressive decade.
The 60's and 70's were not the 2010's.
People were more normal and natural.
Did he touch girls, or young women??
To my knowledge, he touched females with breasts.
Had they been 18, they wouldnt have been able to arrest him.

Dont get me wrong, its never cool to force anyone into sex.
But it was the 60's and 70's, and they were all above 15 years of age.
They all had pubic hair, breasts, menstruated, and he was guilty of a bit of slap and tickle.
Im not joking, you could arrest half of Europe on that "crime".

He was no Jimmy Seville- who raped 5 year old boys and dead children in a morgue, and the media to compare Rolf with that, is a sheer insult.
Its a homosexual attack on heterosexual manhood.
England, and Australia, promotes homosexuality, and is turning men into feminine nancy's.

Personally, I think there are levels of sexual impropriety.
Ranging from deranged to  100% acceptable.
Rolf was probably somewhere in between the 2.
But he is no Michael Jackson. No Jimmy Seville.

Michelangelo had sex with young boys, but that doesnt give anyone the right to remove and destroy his incredible artwork.
They are taking away Rolf's honors, medals, trophies, and removing all his artwork, from all around Australia and the UK, but he was not recognised for his personal life, but for his works of art.
His painting of the Queen being easily one of the best portraits I have seen of her.
What he may or may not have done in his personal life is irrelevant.

If we were to remove art based on the personal transgressions of artists, you could pretty much empty every art gallery in the world.

Its so very typical Anglo world, to erase from memory and evidence, that there was once a Rolf Harris.
Its called Whitewash, and the Poms have been doing it for many many years.

In Hungary, there is a Statue Park, where all the Soviet Union era statues have been placed.
They represent a very dark era of Hungarian history, even though those statues represent millions of Hungarian deaths under the Communist repression.
They werent destroyed by the government, instead all placed into one park to show off how ludicrous the era was.
They didnt deny the history.
But for the Protest-ant Anglo, to deny and erase history, is oh so very typically English.
Either robbing or erasing. Forever the Whitewash.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:37am
You need to research what he has been found guilty of.

12 counts of sexual assault, including digitally penetrating a girl of 13 years of age, and sexually assaulting her at 15 years of age.

Too bad you don't like him being called a paedophile, because that is exactly what he is.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

1) That aged 35 years, he had sex with a 16 year old female back in the Swinging 60's and 70's.
He tickled and pinched a couple of backsides of teenage girls.
This incidentally makes him as big a criminal as half the male population of Italy and most of continental Europe.
It was the 1960's, not the repressive big brother decades of the 2000's.
But forget the slap and tickle. the guy could paint. He was an artist unlike most other Anglos.
I would rather see beautiful art from a man who likes girls, than federation square made from a homosexual.
Im also angry how that call him a pedophile.
My understanding is that most of the girls involved were at least 16 years old.
Charlie Chaplin married a 13 year old girl when he was in his 40's.
I dont see anyone destroying Charlie Chaplins lifes works. Probably because unlike Rolf,,, Chaplin was a Communist,, the world media dont like to attack those people.

And they are confusing Rolf with Jimmy Seville.
They criticised Rolf for telling a 16 year old female that she looked pretty in her bathing clothes.
What a pig??
He dared with Artists eyes to declare that a 16 year old in a bikini is attractive.
The anglo media is sick.
The age of consent in Hungary until it joined the European Union and was forced by England to change, was 13 years.
Rolf was an artist, and by nature as such, was very focused on naked form.

Watch the old episodes of Paul Hogan, Are you being Served, and the Carry On films of the 60's.
It was a different era, and its super unfair to judge him by the morality of this repressive decade.
The 60's and 70's were not the 2010's.
People were more normal and natural.
Did he touch girls, or young women??
To my knowledge, he touched females with breasts.
Had they been 18, they wouldnt have been able to arrest him.

Dont get me wrong, its never cool to force anyone into sex.
But it was the 60's and 70's, and they were all above 15 years of age.
They all had pubic hair, breasts, menstruated, and he was guilty of a bit of slap and tickle.
Im not joking, you could arrest half of Europe on that "crime".

He was no Jimmy Seville- who raped 5 year old boys and dead children in a morgue, and the media to compare Rolf with that, is a sheer insult.
Its a homosexual attack on heterosexual manhood.
England, and Australia, promotes homosexuality, and is turning men into feminine nancy's.

Personally, I think there are levels of sexual impropriety.
Ranging from deranged to  100% acceptable.
Rolf was probably somewhere in between the 2.
But he is no Michael Jackson. No Jimmy Seville.

Michelangelo had sex with young boys, but that doesnt give anyone the right to remove and destroy his incredible artwork.
They are taking away Rolf's honors, medals, trophies, and removing all his artwork, from all around Australia and the UK, but he was not recognised for his personal life, but for his works of art.
His painting of the Queen being easily one of the best portraits I have seen of her.
What he may or may not have done in his personal life is irrelevant.

If we were to remove art based on the personal transgressions of artists, you could pretty much empty every art gallery in the world.

Its so very typical Anglo world, to erase from memory and evidence, that there was once a Rolf Harris.
Its called Whitewash, and the Poms have been doing it for many many years.

In Hungary, there is a Statue Park, where all the Soviet Union era statues have been placed.
They represent a very dark era of Hungarian history, even though those statues represent millions of Hungarian deaths under the Communist repression.
They werent destroyed by the government, instead all placed into one park to show off how ludicrous the era was.
They didnt deny the history.
But for the Protest-ant Anglo, to deny and erase history, is oh so very typically English.
Either robbing or erasing. Forever the Whitewash.

Who is Jimmy Seville? Some Spanish comedian or something?

His name is Savile 

Edited by Browndog - 02 Jul 2014 at 10:30am
Bright Day View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:40am
He looks like a loon.

How could anyone trust their kids with a bloke who looks like this?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:41am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:52am
I think there is some merit in Brookes post...there was a time when the general population supported the mass removal of indigenous children from their mothers...just saying attitudes/approvals change over decades on many issues. How many people got targeted for paedophilia in the 60/70's...not sure...but am pretty certain it was not as "out there" as a crime as it is seen these days. Please do not think I am condoning the practice...disgusting...just think Harris seemed to be in the "least severe" category & is only being brought down due to his celebrity background.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:00am
Was it seen as less of a problem in days past, or was less inclined to be listened to?

People are finding voices they once thought they weren't 'allowed' to have. 

This Royal Commission into institutional abuse is showing that
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

:facepalm:....whateverrrrrr...
Panspermia.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:55am
But forget the slap and tickle. the guy could paint.

could he really?

I am no art expert so I don't know the quality of his work.

there is a difference between painting good likenesses and artistic merit

of course that has nothing to do with the charges as you know.

a stupid contrarian as always Brooke
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:55am
well it looks like Bindi won't be seeing much of her 20 million inheritance...they are coming out of the woodwork to claim some recompense...

I agree with one part of Brook's post...destroying any art work would be a crime...if so, then do the same for Norman Lindsay, Jackson Pollack and Andy Warhol...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 11:58am
what if he groped you Brooke for instance, would you get it then.

very blase of you to lessen the seriousness when it isn't you.

I suppose they deserved it because they were Anglos Confused
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:20pm
I think Brooke is just taking the Todd Carney.

She says I would rather see beautiful art from a man who likes girls, than federation square made from a homosexual. 

Then, only a little while later Michelangelo had sex with young boys, but that doesnt give anyone the right to remove and destroy his incredible artwork.

How could anything be serious if you contradict yourself so clearly.  I do wonder though how many homosexuals it takes to make Federation Square?

BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:58pm
The point is, a tactile man he may have been, and opportunistic, as he was surrounded by young women, it sounds as though his artistic eye was sensually attracted to young women, but at an age they had curves.
Not 8 year old undeveloped girls.
And he declared that a 16 year old girl, looked gorgeous in a bikini. The media highlighted that.
What on earth for????
Why is that even a crime??
They are turning men into homosexuals.
To my knowledge, Rolf Harris was touchy feely with females who had curves.
And as stated, age 13 and above was the legal age in Hungary before England via the European Union, recently demanded the age be lifted higher.
And Charlie Chaplin married a 13 year old girl, when he was in his 40's.
Wheres the outrage at that?????
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:03pm
Brooke stop defending paedo's.
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:03pm
Groping people without their consent is a crime regardless of what age they are, Rolf was clearly a lecher who somehow felt his celebrity gave him immunity. The only surprise is his "luck" held for as long as it did.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:06pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

sometimes you go too far Macca.  you dont seem to 'get" the difference between amusing and disgusting .

You know something Acacia .    What I said would not compare with some of yours .    Do yourself a favour and only read your own posts .
   Stop trying to set standards you don't follow yourself.
Tell me what I said so wrong and cure me.
    Blow up dolls are renowned for going down.   That's why they cum with a pump u silly old moo.

the part you dont get is the way you speak about the victims .   almost as if you are blaming them because he is a dirty old man . i couldnt give a toss about your chinese girlfriends. you can have a different one every day of the week for all i care.
its as BD says.  back then it was a different world and young women were afraid to speak out , and there were no services to assist them.  there are way too many "coming out of the woodwork ", as you say, for it to be a beat up.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:19pm
Brooke, You need to realise he was found guilty of far more than just groping. If he had just pinched peoples bums than sure its nothing, But he did far far worse than that.

reductio ad absurdum
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:30pm
He isn't just a paedophile, he was allegedly notorious for "manhandling" numerous adult women in the media and show business. I can only wonder how it all didn't come crashing down long ago.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 2:55pm
Brooke , our conspiracy theorist par excellence.

when it comes to this she is SO NAIVE.

believes his cock and bull excuse because he is an "artist " and looks like her favourite uncle.

typical of religious people, very trusting in some ways and oh so easy to manipulate
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 5:13pm
I wish I could get groped.
I must be using the wrong after shave.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 10:52pm
just join Rolph,s team and no telling what you might get.
but HE did the groping,,,,,,if you are on that team thats sad.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

just join Rolph,s team and no telling what you might get.
but HE did the groping,,,,,,if you are on that team thats sad.

Not on the team AA.
   Groping kids just isn't on.     The hardest part to understand is why did it take 70 years for someone to speak up and act.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 5:12pm
Looks like Bindi,s inheritance is fast vanishing.  I wonder once its all gone will she suddenly "remember " things about her father and her best friend ?
I heard that his money/assets are all to be frozen so he cant stash it away from potential legal cases for compensation from the victims, and there are more here in Ozz that didnt need to testify, as they nailed him without them.  Could get interesting.   bet Bindi is chewing her nails LOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The hardest part to understand is why did it take 70 years for someone to speak up and act.

It's called the power of celebrity.

Its also the power authoritive figures have over kids. Just look at the Roman Catholic Church and the Salvation Army.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 6:44pm
http://www.theage.com.au/world/bbc-rejects-calls-for-inquiry-into-rolf-harris-20140703-zsugj.html

London: The BBC has rejected calls for it to investigate Rolf Harris's career at the corporation after the entertainer was convicted of sexually abusing four young girls over two decades.

Harris made his name on the BBC over 60 years, hosting shows for children, animal lovers and art fans.

British charity the National Association for People Abused in Childhood on Wednesday called on the BBC to launch an investigation after "turning a blind eye" to Harris's abuse.

Spokesman Peter Saunders said the corporation's attitude to the Harris case mirrored that taken with serial paedophile Jimmy Savile and jailed TV presenter Stuart Hall.

Advertisement
"Harris, like Savile, like Hall, was part of a corporation that helped cover up institutionalised abuse," he told British tabloid The Sun. "The BBC has to come clean to expose what has gone on."

However, a spokesman for the corporation said the Harris convictions "do not relate to the BBC".

"We already have the Dame Janet Smith review which is making an impartial and independent investigation into the past culture and practices of the BBC during the period Savile worked for the corporation," the spokesman said. "And, related to that, we commissioned an independent assessment of our current child protection and whistleblowing policies which will report later in the year."

The Dame Janet Smith review was commissioned to examine how Savile carried out a decades-long campaign of abuse.

BBC producer Tina Fletcher-Hill worked alongside Harris on Animal Hospital and then Rolf on Art. She appeared as a defence witness during his eight-week trial, describing the star as affectionate, kind and honest.

"He greets people with hugs, that's just Rolf," Ms Fletcher-Hill told Southwark Crown Court. "[But] I never witnessed anyone pulling back or feeling uncomfortable with his tactile nature."

The BBC in 2005 commissioned Harris to paint a picture of the Queen to mark her 80th birthday. That portrait is now missing, but Harris's regular artworks could suffer an even worse fate.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 4:45pm
Has a market been drawn up and published betting on just how long he'll get ?

My guess is less than 5 years.
reductio ad absurdum
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 4:46pm
this time he REALLY WILL be a guest of her Majesty the Queen...
Panspermia.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 5:01pm
   Someone said "what if he groped Brooke"
That might be the sentence tonight .   
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2014 at 8:18pm

the real sick part of all this is the contribution to the campaign for kids' body rights...

every time they show it on the news it is cringeworthy... 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>