Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RIP Za'im

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 5:56pm
I believe he is a top bloke.. Quinny and so is Jim..
Jim did bring Plateau Gold back for a short stint but he gets too much weight around here.

A friend of our bred him and has another half sister that is racing at Coffs tomorrow she had two wins in
row recently 'Plateau Pearl"

Another half sister will be broken in soon by our grey boy by Za-Im pictured in this thread (up the page a bit)
hoping that nick will produce another goodin.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

How old is Quinty now?

A million years ago visited him in his prior haunt, being interested in a staying bred that he'd bought in New Zealand.  He had a number of potential stayers some sadly by Ovaltine, a 2-mile stakes-winner in UK who essentially failed in NZ/Oz. 

As it turned out the colt wasn't available, having been purchased for a lady who I suspect had rather more than a business relationship with the the lad.  Wink

Quinny Scott has been partners with Barbara for most of their lives! Very long term partnership.
He is the loveliest guy, was one of the first trainers we ever had dealings with.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:35pm
Notice Za-Im had a winner on Sat, at Newcastle I think it was, paid about $10 from memory ??  Trained by Mick O'Neil.
animals before people.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:10pm
GUNNAZA

8yo Chestnut Gelding
D.O.B: 26-Sep-2010
by ZA-IM (GB) from BABY DOLL
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:29pm

Mick has another one to follow called I'm A Jet, also by Za-Im, saw he was scratched at Ipswich.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:23pm
Great to see one of Za-Im's last runners coming home for his win number 6  at Toowoomba last Saturday.
Amazing fellow called I'm Jacko is rising 11 and only started racing in his 8th year.
Apparently had some issues as a youngster but pleased the owners had patience and stuck with him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:46am
Very P<<<ed off I missed that runner, GAJ.  Huge fan of Za Im.  Could have been anything with better luck.
He sure didnt get it when he was stuck up there at Deepwater ( was it ?  or there abouts ).
Little horse.  Big heart.  Got better mares he could have done so much better but what he did with his limited chances was amazing. 
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 1:13pm
Yes AA agree, he was at Nana Glen for his last few years, and very much in pain the poor fellow.
The people that had him bred I'm Jacko and are racing him with the Qland trainer.

I have a son of Za-Im, one of only 2 entires by him.
He has covered only a few mares and had some very bad luck with some of their progeny, two of mine came to grief in accidents, one was sold and wasn't too far from his destination and had an accident in the float and was put down. the one remaining here ran into a fence and dislocated his hip, put down, it was so tragic. One had something wrong with her back (a half sister to Plateau Gold)
another had a jaw accident, put down, and so on, anyway he has had two runners, the latest a two year old that has ability but can't get the right work due to track conditions around here and has raced for fitness. My boy Royal Beret is close to racing, I have him with another trainer now to finish him off and give him a start, fingers crossed!!
Have a colt here by him and last year the stallions leg was in plaster for the most of the season so no foals this time round.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 3:19pm
Geez GAJ there is lots of terrible luck there Cry Lets hope your fella can run , and fly the flag for Za Im.
Hows the stallion now by the way ??
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 4:03pm
He is good now thank you, fat and happy..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12