Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

RIP Bint Marscay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Bint Marscay
    Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 8:56pm
Some of the younger ones may not remember her Golden Slipper win but I cannot believe it was 26 years ago!!!!

Article thanks to TDN.

Australian Champion Bint Marscay Euthanized

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 3:20 pm | Back to: Shared News

Updated: January 29, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Bint Marscay | Sarah Andrew

Australian champion Bint Marscay (Aus) (Marscay {Aus}–Eau d’Etoile {NZ}, by *Sir Tristram), heroine of the 1993 G1 Golden Slipper S., was euthanized Monday evening due to complications of chronic arthritis. The 28-year-old mare resided at Old Friends, the Thoroughbred Retirement Farm in Georgetown, KY. As a broodmare, Bint Marscay foaled three stakes winners, including Group 1 winner Bollinger (Aus) (Dehere). Michael Blowen, founder and president of Old Friends, made the announcement Tuesday morning.

“I am saddened to hear of the passing of Bint Marscay,” longtime trainer Richard Freedman said. “She was one of the greatest 2-year-olds to race in Australia, and she remains a yardstick by which Australian 2-year-olds are still measured today. She gave me, my family, and her racing connections so much joy.

“I thank Old Friends for taking such loving care of her in her retirement, she deserved no less,” Freedman added. “Her final years were happy, and her passing was peaceful. RIP old girl, you will be remembered.”

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:05pm
I heard that today.  I was there the day she won the GS.  OMG.  How long ago.  I also visited Old Friends.  Its worth a visit for horse lovers if in Lexington.  Its just on the outskirts and its a beautiful place.
How did she end up in Kentucky ???
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:10pm
26 years ago, INCREDIBLE!

It also means it is near on 25 years since her great contempory ANGST died.

reductio ad absurdum
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:18pm
Oh wasnt Angst a lovely thing .  Cry 
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Oh wasnt Angst a lovely thing .  Cry 

She was a Stocko girl 😊 Well near enuff...
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply