Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Republican Rudd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:10am
Cheers Keyser. Wonder were FINE is now hiding?
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:16am
great work keyser.

Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:41am

Delusional ? Baggie, being ex-army, then must know how dependant Australia is on the US and UK.
We can't even protect the President of East Timor being turned into swiss cheese.
If Paupua New Guinea decided to attack, bet you wouldn't find any of these shin-kicking pollies around, they'd be the first ones on the jet out.

Aren't there human rights abuses going on in Iraq, Afganistan as well ???

Why the speech now anyway, when he refused to meet that lamma bloke when he came to Australia ???

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:42am
Kevin keep up the fantastic work but change the flag and lets become a republic.Wink

Hidden In Hollywood
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 10:28am
feel free to outline his accomplishments, you will be an expert at this, will be less than your usual 1 line.

anyway we are on the topic now of his annoying gaffes while overseas, do you have something to add?
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:13am
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

Cheers Keyser. Wonder were FINE is now hiding?
And that is where this thread has gone off the rails - why should anyone have to "hide" because they have a different opinion to you?
What a disgraceful attitude for a public forum. What would happen to Fine if she returned - would you tag team her out of the conversation?
How about some respect for each other.
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 1:36pm
Hold your horses VSP!!!!

Not once did I have a go at FINE.

FINE was the one that told me a was wrong about the Aussie Flag, so I went and checked it out to see if I was incorrect. It happned to be that I was correct, and wanted to see if FINE was going to say that he/she was infact jumping the gun in having a go about it.

It had nothing to do with OPINION VSP!!! It was FACTS we were argueing about. Perhaps you should keep your bloody winghing to yourself!

Seriously, this moditator crap has gone out of hand if you ask me.

Go back and have a look at what I wrote, then what FINE said back.

VSP, 10 in the bin for being an idiot!!!!

I am starting to get sick of all the crap on this web site.

About time I re-thought about writing stuff on here, cause people like you give e the sh*ts!

Infact I will only put my tips in for Questions comp and the AFL comp, and will not be getting involved with any threads from now on.

END OF ME FOR NOW, OVER AND OUT!  Angry

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 6:50pm
Sir Spence , the general idea of subs in a conventional role is to attack and harry shipping. The Formosa straight is too shallow for a nuke boat........a few diesel boats of the Collins variety will soon turn up in the Taiwan navy.*Wink
Then F-22 IS a solid aircraft but has a few problems as you are no doubt aware. The upgrading of the F-18's to super hornet will ensure our new AWACS-and current US models- a/c can be integrated into our fleet. Basically the 18 is too old now for new aircraft control and deployment eg combined operations.
*Previous Govt decision.
I don't have one
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 6:51pm
KM

Cheer up mate,dont blame it on the Bulldogs Embarrassed

PS:Did you watch the Champions League games this morning?
Hidden In Hollywood
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:05pm
Agreed KM. But try and do what I do and thats laugh at them. Apparently my experiences and interests are not on the same level as theirs -one imports fluffy dice from China ,and believes LOL that because he does that he is now a DiplomatLOL.  So I can see where you are coming from mate, this place has turned into a den of ineptitude. 20 year olds who believe all they are told and if they arent told it make it up.
Who CANT recall John Howard stating our allegiance to Taiwan and rejection of the ONE CHINA policy, only to laugh hysterically at the Olympic class backflip when he signed THAT Gas deal. Or the howls of laughter when the American AWACS was forced to land in China and we watched as they pulled it apart on the runway then told all and sundry we arent touching it. Or do you remember the fully loaded Korean(or Japanese) 747 the Chinese shot down? Or the time Howard jumped on the band wagon when Bush said if China attacks Taiwan we'll jump in?
Nope not a peep on those as they are too young to know and too dumb to care and too simple to let FACTS not some presumption of stating our case -which since Howards time has been that of duopoly- to a new friend.
No, blokes like these wont be happy until the Chinese Premier points to a black piece of paper and says 'That is White' and we agree.
Childish petulance coupled with a severe lack of knowledge and its invading the forum.
I am with you and instead of the sin bin for someone else Im gonna go there myself and if everyone is happy to allow a great forum descend into you cannot comment because you dont import fluffy dice.....well then youd believe Untouchable is a great sire and that his sale results are REAL.
I don't have one
womble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:08pm
MM - the housing crisis is wider than state land release and stamp duty, although they are part of the problem as well.  The skills shortage is a major part of it as well with a severe lack of builders/plumbers/electricians - Howard underspent on skills for years and we are now paying the price.

The other big driver is that First Home Buyers are being pushed out of the market due to so many people buying investment properties and being aided in doing so with tax concessions - i.e. negative gearing and the capital gains tax discount.  Both need to be looked at and the second removed for mine.  Both are FEDERAL taxes and are playing a part in killing the Australian dream.

Mug, blame for interest rates will always be put somewhere else - i didn't see Howard / Costello claim responsibility for the 6 rate rises in their last term.  Wait till we have a Rudd budget before trying to blame Labor for the latest ones.

Great to see Rudd on the world stage selling Australia - the benefits are sure to flow.

Wall to wall Labor governments - sensational, now we have to become a republic, change the flag to one that unites us rather than divides and find a decent opposition to keep them honest.

Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:23pm
Worlds shortest sin bin that one....
Womble do you believe the autonomy of the Reserve bank has played a roll in the housing crisis?
I don't have one
womble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:35pm
I gotta get to work - quick answer, yes

Longer answer - and no

Yes because controlling Howard and Costello's run away inflation with interest rates is dumb, it hits the wrong people the hardest, i.e. not the ones that are pushing up prices

No because it's a much bigger problem than just interest rates - supply and demand, unrealistic growth in prices, skills shortages, no deposit home loans and poor lending practices, poor land release planning, taxes and tax policy at the state and federal level, the sub prime crisis etc etc

There's a lot to it,  bubbles burst - let's hope not too many get hurt when this one does

Have a great day All

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Bagman Bagman wrote:

Agreed KM. But try and do what I do and thats laugh at them. Apparently my experiences and interests are not on the same level as theirs -one imports fluffy dice from China ,and believes LOL that because he does that he is now a DiplomatLOL.  So I can see where you are coming from mate, this place has turned into a den of ineptitude. 20 year olds who believe all they are told and if they arent told it make it up.
Who CANT recall John Howard stating our allegiance to Taiwan and rejection of the ONE CHINA policy, only to laugh hysterically at the Olympic class backflip when he signed THAT Gas deal. Or the howls of laughter when the American AWACS was forced to land in China and we watched as they pulled it apart on the runway then told all and sundry we arent touching it. Or do you remember the fully loaded Korean(or Japanese) 747 the Chinese shot down? Or the time Howard jumped on the band wagon when Bush said if China attacks Taiwan we'll jump in?
Nope not a peep on those as they are too young to know and too dumb to care and too simple to let FACTS not some presumption of stating our case -which since Howards time has been that of duopoly- to a new friend.
No, blokes like these wont be happy until the Chinese Premier points to a black piece of paper and says 'That is White' and we agree.
Childish petulance coupled with a severe lack of knowledge and its invading the forum.
I am with you and instead of the sin bin for someone else Im gonna go there myself and if everyone is happy to allow a great forum descend into you cannot comment because you dont import fluffy dice.....well then youd believe Untouchable is a great sire and that his sale results are REAL.

15 different angles there.

1 thing i will say about my experience in china is that i lived there for 2 years. that might mean i have more knowledge of the place/culture and customs than you presume.

between 4-7 trips there a year top up the knowledge base.

now, did you move onto a stallion?

wow, thats in line with the conversation, werent we talking about rudd insulting an entire nation?

think i saw something about it in the news....................
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:20pm
It's cool. I'm happy to admit it seems I'm wrong about the Australian flag at Gallipoli and god on you fof doing the research to prove your point.

But, to me it's still just a piece of material.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

It had nothing to do with OPINION VSP!!! It was FACTS we were argueing about. Perhaps you should keep your bloody winghing to yourself!
Seriously, this moditator crap has gone out of hand if you ask me.
Go back and have a look at what I wrote, then what FINE said back.
VSP, 10 in the bin for being an idiot!!!!
I am starting to get sick of all the crap on this web site.
About time I re-thought about writing stuff on here, cause people like you give e the sh*ts!
Infact I will only put my tips in for Questions comp and the AFL comp, and will not be getting involved with any threads from now on.
END OF ME FOR NOW, OVER AND OUT!  Angry

KangaMick - you have just highlighted exactly what I mean - when I expressed something opposing your thoughts you promptly attacked on a personal level.
And it has everything to do with an opinion - Fine expressed hers as what she believed correct - it opposed yours which you believed correct, which made you go away and look it up for factual confirmation. By quoting this confirmation you have educated Fine and everyone else to the actual facts, and that is great. My objection comes about only because your choice of words "Wonder were FINE is now hiding?". Nobody should be ashamed to put forward their thoughts and beliefs whether they are correct or not.
What has being a moderator got to do with it? - if I was being a moderator I could have deleted your post, edited your post, or written a highlighted warning on your post - none of which I've done as it had nothing to do with moderating. Didn't even cross my mind.
Its a shame you are not going to post any more, I've seen you as a very valuable member of the community - its only when you use emotive over the top statements to belittle people that you dont seem quite so charming.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:52pm
km will be back, especially if portsmouth win!!
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 10:38pm
Doubt Fine took any undue offence VSP, which I guess is the real yardstick..Besides, on past performance she appears to be able to cope with the rough 'n' tumble quite well herself..

I would think Kanga's comment was laced with a fair amount of tongue in cheek anyway..

Lets not get too precious or PC..Smile

Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 12:15am
No I didn' take any offence, because I didn't take Kanga Mick as being aggressive or bullying.

But I think VSP right in that sometimes people just start in on personal abuse instead of putting forward an argument.

Apart from anything else, it's really boring to read.

"You're an idiot"..."No, you're an idiot"..... ad nauseum. I just give up on threads when that happens.

We can all do better. Let's put forward our aguments with civility and a dash of humour. Then people won't feel aggreived and need to leave.

So, Kanga Mick, come on back.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 12:53am
I see a common set of behaviour going on here, I see it all the time. One puts forward a view, then if someone doesn't agree, they default to personal attacks. It's so tiring.... but its important to realize that its not the forum that is at fault. People are just like that. You see it wherever you go. If you want to stop it, just ban the world. Learn to respect eachother, please. It's not inate, it's an acquired skill.

Oh, another thing I find tiring is when people announce that they are leaving the forum because of a disagreement. I think that is as weak as piss! Those people in my view are the ones that shirk responsibility and do not stand up for themselves when there is conflict. When things get tough, they are the first to leave. Usually it's with a huge fanfare. I wonder why? Because they want a whole thread of people saying "oh, please don't go", which only gives a much needed boost to their ego. Don't count on them in a time of crisis! In contrast, there are many on here who get hammered constantly, but they stick to their guns and win arguments by sheer logic and intelligence. I have the greatest respect for them!

Before I get many PM's...let me say that I'm not referring to anyone in particular. Just speaking generally. ok.

Edited by Mayor - 11 Apr 2008 at 1:20am
Mayor
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 1:33am
I agree with the Mayor.
Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
regal_roller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 1:36am
If you don't like the "I'm Leaving" threads...Dont read them!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 1:38am

ClapSmile Mayor.

(And this isn't directed as a dig at anyone)

All the views are great imo (even Dupain's), lets just show some tolerance.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 2:23am
So that now makes you a diplomat and expert on foreign policy does it BMP? Do you want to live in a country that bows down and releases all of its national identity because you buy stuff from China? Or is it because China buys gear from us.
I dont understand you at all. You are clearly NOT Chinese and you arent a Chinese national by birth yet because you make a few trips you are presumptious enough to tell us all how the Chinese would feel about us telling them where we ,as a nation, stand on certain matters.
Dont ever, ever ,ever confuse a trading partner with an overlord who must be obeyed and not offended. We are friendly with China and friends tell it like it is.
We are also lucky to have a Mandarin speaking PM in a time when China needs to start listening to other nations views on subjects. If they dont listen or refuse to they are not worth dealing with, and the inevitable ban chinese products will follow-not a Federal decision more a peoples decision-. 
My 15 angles highlights how selective you are with your views. You chasten Rudd yet gloss over your idols non achievments and cringe worthy episodes. You also fell hook line and two sinker for Untouchable and you skate over that now. I bring that up just to show all how gullible and naieve you are. Please dont anyone reading take that as a personal attack, this man defended the patently absurd money being paid and jumped right in knocking down all who spokle what he didnt agree with.
I don't have one
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 2:34am
"if china was your corner shop, as it is for me, then you would be pissed off, last time we pissed them off was a pauline hansen moment, they were chucking aussies out left right and centre and made it difficult to trade."

Yes, who PM then? Your mate Howard. Hanson wouldn't have caused any damage if Howard had clearly repudiated her. But no. He needed to appeal to the worst instincts of people, so he went along with it.

It's important that we act with principle and diplomacy when it comes to human rights. We're not alone in telling China that their human rights record in Tibet sucks. Every other Western country is doing it as well.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 2:42am
Oh and by the way we all get the sh*ts with the joint at times and outside influences also contribute. I just sin bin myself and give the place a break, and you guys a break from me.
Self imposed exile and if KM needs a break then give the fella some space. Thats probably the first post with a mad Angry and angry feel Ive ever read from Our Man in Spain. I can see where he's coming from when others felt the need to shout or belittle Embarrassed he hasnt. And the day he does....
I don't have one
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Bagman Bagman wrote:

So that now makes you a diplomat and expert on foreign policy does it BMP? Do you want to live in a country that bows down and releases all of its national identity because you buy stuff from China? Or is it because China buys gear from us.
I dont understand you at all. You are clearly NOT Chinese and you arent a Chinese national by birth yet because you make a few trips you are presumptious enough to tell us all how the Chinese would feel about us telling them where we ,as a nation, stand on certain matters.
Dont ever, ever ,ever confuse a trading partner with an overlord who must be obeyed and not offended. We are friendly with China and friends tell it like it is.
We are also lucky to have a Mandarin speaking PM in a time when China needs to start listening to other nations views on subjects. If they dont listen or refuse to they are not worth dealing with, and the inevitable ban chinese products will follow-not a Federal decision more a peoples decision-. 
My 15 angles highlights how selective you are with your views. You chasten Rudd yet gloss over your idols non achievments and cringe worthy episodes. You also fell hook line and two sinker for Untouchable and you skate over that now. I bring that up just to show all how gullible and naieve you are. Please dont anyone reading take that as a personal attack, this man defended the patently absurd money being paid and jumped right in knocking down all who spokle what he didnt agree with.

selective with my views?

isnt that what an opinion is? a selective view point?

it presumably ok for you to be selective with your views?

so why not me?

and you can behave like a juvenile all you like, i told you about my experiences in china to highlight that i have actually lived there, i do all my trade out of there and all my manufacturing, so whats your reply, a smartarse remark about 'now you think you are a diplomat'

grow up bagman. for your sake, it doesnt affect me how you behave, it really doesnt.

oh and to refresh your memory, my point was that rudd was making a goose out of himself overseas, that my friend is beyond question.

bring up howard keating bring up farkin whitlam for all i care, that would be another topic.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:25am
oh and 1 last thing bagman.

I can assure you I am neither naive nor gullable.

but thanks for your opinion.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:35am
Ahh Im not being selective Im just showing you up as a fool who will shout down all others until your echo fills the room. Your experience in international affairs is ZILCH yet becuase you import fluffy dice and have a tourist visa you are now an expert on the Chinese. You goose ,dont you realise the more you extoll the worse you look.
Give up, youve been flogged by all and sundry and yet you cont. to state shyte.Clap
If buying goods from O/S and travelling to such places makes you an expert then we are all experts on Balinese/Indonesian politics and international relations.
There is nothing I enjoy more than debate from reliable sources who have years of experience in foreign affairs, you are NOT one of them.
You have used NO resources and have NO reference material to back up your claims.
You havent even posted a link or cut n paste a piece from China/Chinese sources.
You just cannot get it, its your opinion NOT fact. You keep saying hes embarressing us yet you have NO proof.
Add some credibility by posting ANY of the above and I will retract my statements and apologise.
Anyone else see a pattern emerging.Wacko 
Just quit it, we are Australian and damn proud of it and we arent afraid to tell a BIG buyer when they are wrong. Besides I thought "We recognise the need for BOTH parties to cease the violence and resume dialogue" as one of Rudds better moments. As KD Lang says we are proud of him at the mo, certainly NOT red faced.
And if the Chinese dont like that then.......
I don't have one
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:44am
i will answer this only if you answer me 2 questions

Have you ever set foot in China?

Are you aware of their main custom, saving face?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic