Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Regarding forum behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding forum behaviour
    Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
Now lets get one thing straight - on this forum you are judged on your conduct on this forum. We will be implementing regulations that will safeguard any and all competitions but in the mean time one of the important rules of membership on this forum is that you not attack other members.
I am seeing the continual hounding of one of our forum members Shakamaker by a small group of contributors led by Bundy, Gratlog, Slyofdahorsyworld, Stewy Griffon, ElmuhWabbit, Sporty & a couple of others.
This is stopping right now. Shakamaker will never be ripping off this forum whether he had anything to do with any other forum problem or not BECAUSE he will not be allowed to hold funds for any comp ever - and dont think he is being singled out. Rules are being implemented that competitions can only be run with authorisation and ALL funds to be held by someone approved by the Mayor (preferably the Village account itself).
Therefore as this continual sniping is NOT relevent on this forum you may not continue to attack a valued forum contributor. Any of you that do so will be banned forthwith.
This has nothing to do with condoning behaviour / events from another forum and everything to do with operating our own forum as an appropriate and enjoyable place. Anyone who does not like this = the door is that way, bye bye.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:40pm
So what inspired the new competition rules ? I'd say the problem that occurred on the other forum, allegedly caused by none other than the "valued forum contributor" Shakamaker...... unless we are all sadly mistaken, which is a contingency I would decline odds of $1.05 about, frankly........Sick. You have altered the rules of your forum due to his  presence, by all appearances.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:47pm
No, we are implementing rules to cover appropriate handling of money (other people's) in all aspects of this forum's existence. And clearly because of a theft problem another forum has had if we have tight control here then we wont run into the same problem here.
You and your pals have alerted us to the problem - didnt you want us to take notice? We've taken notice. Are you now complaining because we've taken notice?
And because we've taken notice there is no need for you to keep up the continual sniping. Your job is done. All you are achieving is making this forum an unpleasant place. So thanks for your warnings - they've been heeded. Now knock off the flaming and everyone should be happy.
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 6:49pm

Who cares what has inspired the new rules, at the end of the day they will be put in place for the betterment of the Village.

Unsure why you'd feel the need to go on about it, Max.
Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
Slyofdahorsyworld View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slyofdahorsyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:10pm

shoot the messenger ?

which part of 'thanks for the warnings we've heeded them', didnt you understand?
Now STOP using this forum as a platform for ongoing flaming / attacks. vsp.

Edited by VSP. - 25 Jul 2010 at 7:27pm
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 7:18pm
I left that other forum because of the tolerance extended to a grub, starting to look eerily similar here. I suppose it's a simple proposition, if you believe Shakamaker is that same person, and the management here obviously believe it is him, but are happy  to have him........then threaten with expulsion those that dare question it.......you go. So ta-ta from me.

Actually - the management here have no idea who Shakamaker is just as they have no idea who you are. Neither are relevent. Because you have alerted us to the potential for forum theft we have taken steps to avoid it. End of that story.
Now the current issue is not allowing THIS forum to become a platform for insult & insinuation. Say whatever you want elsewhere. Here you respect other users. End of this story. And if you do have a problem with this then go elsewhere, thats fine too. vsp.

Edited by VSP. - 25 Jul 2010 at 7:32pm
ThePazman View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm
VSP. you should take up another hobby. Being on the forum 24 hrs a day is not good for the forum. The boys are big boys and it's all part of the banter involved with tipping competitions.

Its a disgrace that you banned Pazman when he said VSP reminded him of Julia Gillard. You replied "Yeah us Moderators have alot of POWER!" Pazman replied "I'am talking about looks" and was banned.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 8:24pm
Dream on Pazman. You got banned for being a serial pest. I had you blocked from sending me PM's as Pazman and at least 5 other of your user names because you were harassing me. You had warnings from the Mayor and other mods many times. You are permanently banned in approx 7 or 8 usernames. We have had more complaints about you than any other forum user.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:51pm
newbie ?

what other forum are you guys talking about RT ?
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:52pm
He's talking about Racing Talk Australia I believe.
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:54pm
And I should say - I support VSP. completely with this.

Shakamaker has done nothing wrong here, and there is nothing to suggest he is connected to the person at the other forum.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 9:54pm
thanks andy
scoot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:11pm

i can see both sides of the story.

in a hypothetical situation, if shakamaker is the bloke that ripped them off, and they left the other forum and came here becuase the other forum was too tolerant, then naturally they are not going to be happy if the bloke shows up here.

in saying that, the username has no history so can't be judged until they admit to something.

at the end of the day, unless he comes forward and openly admits to being the guy that ripped off people, i have to agree with VSP.

if he does admit to being the guy whole stole money, i can't support having him here, purely for the fact that he stole money and has made no effort to repay it (from what I understand, which isn't much because i was only interested as I was a part of another punters club that got ripped off).
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:22pm
Several people have commented that they have received back what was taken - Gratlog in fact claimed he'd received more than he'd lost. So I gather that at least some of the money has been returned. It still remains an issue from another forum, and beyond being warned about the possibilities it doesnt need to continue playing out here.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:24pm
"nothing to suggest he is connected to the person at the other forum"

No, nothing at all Andy....nothing at all.

All 6 to 8 people who have been trying to tell you so are completely incorrect.

I hope for your sake you never make a statement as silly as that one ever again.

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:29pm
I'm not saying they are completely incorrect Bundy - but what if he isn't Old Larsy?

You know I follow the other forum.

I'm not trying to say you are all liars, but we are trying to create a harmonious forum.

We have got the point, we don't need everyone to repeat it over and over again.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:33pm
Andy..ffs....there is NO if.

We now know you "know'..now.

Perhaps it was the way the goddess mod went about telling us "offenders" that you "know"?
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:55pm
I'm sorry to hear you have such an issue with being asked to respect the guidelines of this forum Confused. If you dont like them and wont operate by them then leave. I am doing my job of protecting this forum from (a) thieves & (b) troublemakers.  If that makes me a goddess so be it.
Tassie Tiger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 10:56pm
I have no idea what all this is about as I haven't been on here much for a while.  I got sick of reading the constant abuse and sniping that many on here participate in. It's all pretty juvenile, and some of it libelous I'm sure.

I think the powers that be here should stamp out all the personal abuse no matter who or what it relates to.

How about some posts that relate to racing and then allow people to express a genuine opinion (without abuse) on same without being subjected to personal attacks simply because they might disagree?

Maybe one day it will become a reality, one can only hope.
vouchers are the jaz View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vouchers are the jaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 1:49am

Originally posted by jazzman jazzman wrote:

Who cares what has inspired the new rules, at the end of the day they will be put in place for the betterment of the Village.

Unsure why you'd feel the need to go on about it, Max.

maybe you should run the comps mate

any objections to this anyone?
rooboy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 3:07am
Just ridiculous that a forum that should purely and utterly discuss the racing industry can get clogged up by nerds behind computers.

I guess the only positive to come from it is there are youngsters still interested in the racing industry.

(I am 20yo by the way).

More talk about racing / who is going to win - then talks about who tipped the most winners.

No one gives a kiss about anything other then backing winners - so lets get back to helping each other source the information to do so.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 4:37am

The trolls will not be allowed to overrun the village.

I'm experienced in all forms of forum invasion. Sportal, 121s, ozracingforum, R&S and now you guys from RHT.

There's only so many people sitting on the internet discussing Aussie horse racing.

Moderators here will take a hard line on trolls when things get out of hand. You blow ins had better settle down or I might have to start repopulating the blocked IP list.

I don't think the mayor will like me naming all our competitors but I feel some people need the information if they're looking for an alternate to the village for their horse racing discussion requirements.
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 7:42am

Wortel, the 121ers were a blessing!!

jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:32am

Surely a cretin who used to be called Mug wouldn't have returned under another alias, now would he? If he knew what was good for him, he'd probably trundle off peacefully into the sunset. Big smile

Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
lovesapunt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:54am
Anyone here who says VSP is a problem should seriously just leave the forum. All this lady has ever done is help this forum in any way possible. Not only does she put in great input but she also has sponsored the forum through her company. I would like to know how many of you guys have put $$$$ into the forum??? I bet you the ones giving her crap have put nothing in at all.
Cant wait to see the back of you as you leave the forum & go try and cause crap at another one.
Joan Of Navare, the next turf champion????
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:00am
Well handled VSP.

There is probably not any way of knowing 100% for certain whether the person in question is the same person from the other forum, short of him admitting it.

So there has been a policy enacted that will ensure that all competitions are run in a safe environment.

Hopefully now the accusations that have been rearing their head in a number of threads can now stop, as this has been addressed. Making sure that this was addressed was my only concern, as it has obviously been a problem on another forum.
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:06am
Originally posted by lovesapunt lovesapunt wrote:

Anyone here who says VSP is a problem should seriously just leave the forum. All this lady has ever done is help this forum in any way possible. Not only does she put in great input but she also has sponsored the forum through her company. I would like to know how many of you guys have put $$$$ into the forum??? I bet you the ones giving her crap have put nothing in at all.
Cant wait to see the back of you as you leave the forum & go try and cause crap at another one.

Agree 100%, especially when these people create new forum handles to use when bagging out VSP. What heroes they must be! LOL

Don't even have the plums to do it using their normal forum handle.

"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:11am
Anyone who weighs into an issue on here and has a crack at somebody with their first post has, to use a term already utilised in this thread, a complete and utter lack of plums.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 11:33am
Might be time to start registering accounts with valid IP adresses
stewy griffon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewy griffon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 12:03pm
Fair Enough, my main aim was to expose OL larsey, and it has worked, and by the way
there is NO IF, shaka IS OL LARSEY, i enjoy the forum therefore i will stop the
Crap and abide by the Rules, Just want nothing to do with Shaka etc.
Enough Said.
Stewy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic