Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Redkirk Warrior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redkirk Warrior
    Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:05pm
Off the track the whole way to be just beaten first run in Aus

Will win a nice race this prep but back him next run he'll get the cash
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 11:41pm
Long lay off, produced first up by Hayes on Manikato night in 1200m race (well short of his best - winner at 2000m), he sits off the pace and 4 deep with no cover, absolutely trots up to the speed round the turn, lengthens nice and gets done on the post by Sir Bacchus who was fit well and in form.

He's unbeaten second up and goes to 1400m on Saturday which will suit. He draws 2 (bias unknown if any at this stage) which should see him given run of the race, meets Santa Ana Lane only 0.5kg worse off and, although SAL looked a moral beat at MV, he does that all the time and is sure to find another way to get beat.

Ulmann was good at WFA behind a smart horse, albeit well beaten. Suited back to this grade but has been racing for 4 months this prep. Does he have any wins left? Demonstrate is unders and a lay. Has been winning weak races and meets a strong group here.

$6.5/$2.25 for Redkirk Warrior taken. Feels a great each way bet to me.
Sunline...simply supreme
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:35pm
He was set for a first up win at the Valley. Stable truck loaded the horse, including David, and were furious with Damien Lane's ride, hence the jockey change.
Always hesitant to go again after they miss on a 1st up kill, especially on a horse that is looking for more ground.
Will be interesting what happens with the market tomorrow
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:40pm
Nice insight sub... cheers

Sunline I blackbooked this horse after his first up run and keen to bet up as well, I just don't know whats going on with Demostrate as if he comes out I don't want to be getting crazy deductions... I'm hoping he races as I think he is under the odds as well.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 7:43am
Scratched!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 8:38am
Haha after all that.
Sunline...simply supreme
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 10:23am
Was set for a big collect in the get out too
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 1:05pm
Off for a rest to get ready for some g1 races in autumn
Hayes really likes him
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 1:06pm
Will be a special in the St George.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 1:09pm
Aiming at the Australian Cup
Apparently going to talk to the owner as a slight possibility of going to the $1million WA Group 1 in 3 weeks. David will prefer not to go but owner will have the final decision
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 11:55pm
Interesting. The plan was always to go to WA, but he may be a bit better than they thought......
JattSta View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JattSta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:26pm
Only had the 2 runs here. A 3rd run cant possibly do any damage can it? This horse looks a beauty, maybe preparing for autmn not such a bad idea.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 12:50am
The travel would be an issue, especially if it's an afterthought. Some carriers use an open top box, which is how Trust In A Gust ended up getting strung up by the lunchbox prior to the 10,000/Straddy a few years back... not that that trip was an afterthought.

Add to the fact that the race is no walk in the park.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm
Something special this horse
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:59pm
Will cop a penalty going into the Doncaster ...... But will carry no more then 52.5 kg !! Currently 15/1 ......... I just smashed it !! 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:08am
Great get AdaHunta!Clap

Never heard of him before, but I just love the name of the sire - Notnowcato - named by a Peter Sellers/Pink Panther fan for sure (who isn't!?)!!!Big smile

https://youtu.be/jw1f94dx4xo

Curious to know the story behind it, no other giveaways in the breeding that struck me ...?Confused 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Great get AdaHunta!Clap

Never heard of him before, but I just love the name of the sire - Notnowcato - named by a Peter Sellers/Pink Panther fan for sure (who isn't!?)!!!Big smile

https://youtu.be/jw1f94dx4xo

Curious to know the story behind it, no other giveaways in the breeding that struck me ...?Confused 

LOLLOLLOL ... just realised that link was in ITALIAN without subtitles ... not that I'm racist!

try this for laughs ...

https://youtu.be/m1HklglWVZs
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 10:59am
Star!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:16am
Easy to say now but I have serious consideration to backing him only to fall into my long held belief that you can't win this race first up - convinced myself the day Paratroopers ran a long way off them when first up.

Really like this horse. Should be unbeaten here. Goes great up to 2000m. He's going to be hard to beat this prep in anything he contests.
Sunline...simply supreme
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:33pm
I wonder if he ran well Hayes would back him up into the QE? Could be a half decent race if
Winx
Hartnell
Tosen Stardom
Humidor
Redkirk Warrior
Spectroscope (maybe a handy horse)

All made it there fit and healthy.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:35pm
Hayes has always said he will peak at 2000m so I was thinking the same thing. Reckon you'll see him there, albeit a huge ask after kicking off just now in a Newmarket.
Sunline...simply supreme
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:38pm
Apparently going straight to the Doncaster
This space has been intentionally left blank
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:40pm
Agree Sunline but as someone pointed out earlier these bigger stables with private operations can now have match races at home to get their horses race fit before they even bring them to the track.

I saw some private footage a couple of years ago of Llyod Williams watching 8 of his horses gallop against each other a week before 2 went around. It was fair dinkum a proper race. Yet in the formbook you read 1st up for 12 months!!

So hard to know just how fit this bloke was yesterday.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Agree Sunline but as someone pointed out earlier these bigger stables with private operations can now have match races at home to get their horses race fit before they even bring them to the track.

I saw some private footage a couple of years ago of Llyod Williams watching 8 of his horses gallop against each other a week before 2 went around. It was fair dinkum a proper race. Yet in the formbook you read 1st up for 12 months!!

So hard to know just how fit this bloke was yesterday.

DK weir is the same down at the bush trials, he sometimes has over 100 trialling. Fields of 10 and he might have 8 or 9 in the field.
The stayers normally trial nice and quiet early in the day, then the last couple of trials they are given a proper 'race' trial.

Works a treat..
This space has been intentionally left blank
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I wonder if he ran well Hayes would back him up into the QE? Could be a half decent race if
Winx
Hartnell
Tosen Stardom
Humidor
Redkirk Warrior
Spectroscope (maybe a handy horse)

All made it there fit and healthy.
Why wouldn't they? Seems logical to back up if horse pulls up well out of a good Doncaster performance.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:29pm
ill take a bet with you now Delta ~ Redkirk Warrior will beat Hartnell home in whatever race they contest together !! .............. are u down ? since u rate Hartnell the second best horse in the country I can't see why u wouldn't !! LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by AdaHunta AdaHunta wrote:

ill take a bet with you now Delta ~ Redkirk Warrior will beat Hartnell home in whatever race they contest together !! .............. are u down ? since u rate Hartnell the second best horse in the country I can't see why u wouldn't !! LOL
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:33pm
Can't argue with that Tlaz.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:36pm
He did have 52.5kg and was allowed to get away with murder in front. I'll have $1000 of that action if we can arrange escrow.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 5:42pm
lol forumites appearing outta no where wanting a piece of the acton !! This bet stands for Delta only fellas ........ I'm happy to go $500 ........ 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>