Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Historical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Recollection: 1968 United Nations Handicap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recollection: 1968 United Nations Handicap
    Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:31pm
Great historical article from Bloodhorse.com about the 1968 United Nations Handicap run then at Atlantic City Racecourse. The GI United Nations is now run up the NJ coast at Monmouth Park during the July 4th Weekend which is coming up. For some reason work/life has me in Melbourne and I'll miss the holiday.

Atlantic City is close to the heart since I have an apartment there and visited the track often there. The track is officially closed now.

But for you race lovers the 1968 rendition of the United Nations Handicap had our own great Australian champion Tobin Bronze in the race facing the great Dr. Fager and champion Fort Marcy.

The article is
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/222320/look-back-dr-fager-delivers-on-turf-in-united-nations

Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic