Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ranking of G1 race worldwide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm
While I'm saying our average is better than you rate it.

Look I lived through the era when Australia got Part One status for our Stakes races.  In other words we got G1, G2, G3 as well as black type events.  My boss did the leg work proving time and time again our races were world class.  But the English didn't believe it.  It was the French and the USA breeders who helped us win.

Why the English thought we were second rate back then because they got rid of their rubbish overseas.  Well alot of that rubbish was very well bred and we used it the best we could.  Even sent stallions back overseas to perform well at stud both in Europe and the USA.  And as I said we managed to get quite a few gems in the broodmare stakes and thanks mainly to New Zealand these old lines are still available to us and still producing gems like Highland Reel and Starspangledbanner who both decend from Eulogy.

Yes we crow about our champs but believe me we also have nay sayers trying to pull them down.  Why?  A truly great champion horse will make the list each time.  But that list is not just the Champions is it.  It is the very best of a year and lets face it 100 down is not going to rival Enable or Winx.  This list of back up horses is failing to make the grade as despite often being weighted out of handicaps when the handicapper send through the rating its just not up to scratch.  

It's like they have two standards.  
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 1:53pm
Another way to look at it is a lovely trainer won a G2 on Derby Day with her little horse.  Small slight up against well built sprinters.  She doubted he could do it wanted to take him home but the little horse won quite easily in the end.  Your horses are beautiful.  Ours can sometimes turn out that way also but there is a bigger variance.  And it isn't always the well built beauty who has that elusive will to win.

Rich Charm decends from another great Australian/New Zealand family.  That of Teppo (GB) 1908.  He is unfashionably breed.  Was not breathing when he was foaled and she got him going and loves him to bits.  From 17 starts he's had 8 wins and another 5 places.  She probably wont send him around in a G1 sprint but he does have a lovely finish.  The silly thing is he is from a staying family  That's what we do in Australia.  Our stayers have to be sprinters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic