Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Race 3 Warwick Farm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Race 3 Warwick Farm
    Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Didn't bet on this race but the betting told a massive story. Collateral $2.4 to $4.2 & stayed was basically the opposite way. Collateral settles back last then heads to the inside and plugged home into 4th doing his best work the last 50m. I said to a mate that this race had a smell about it before they jumped and the race panned out exactly how I thought it would. I don't think collateral was given every possible chance to win and I look forward to a retort from someone.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 2:53pm
Agree. Heywood needs to be grilled as he showed zero intent until well into the short WF straight. 
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:13pm
Being very weak at the death on the fair is always a terrible sign.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:37pm
Not arguing with above comments, but a staying race with 2 main chances with Bowman on one and a 2kg kid who has never ridden the horse before on the other, and you know has to come from the tail, you want to be on Bowman.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

"they" know ?
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

"they" know ?
They definitely know the tactics and likely map.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:30pm
Stewards conducting an enquiry.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:42pm
brad davidsonVerified account @braddavo 4h4 hours ago

"It was my fault. It was a bad ride". Nick Heywood to stewards re Collateral.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:53pm
The Beau Mertens line re Leodora eh?  Interesting to see if it has the same outcome.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm
Sorry Nick, but you deserve 6 months for that filth. It wasn't a bad ride. It was a deliberate ride. Joke.
Sunline...simply supreme
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm
Sorry Sunline, can't entirely agree.

Imo there's little chance Stewards could conclusively find that it was hooked - even if that was indeed the case.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:18pm
Not as bad as Mertens for mine and nowhere near Schofield's. They both walked so I can't see anything happening here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:21pm
Know nothing about this ride, but I see a strong case for a demerit points system for jockeys, similar to driver's licences, that "decay" or accrue according to the number of rides, not elapsed time. Clock up too many points, in too few rides, and you are out for a spell. That would include dodgy rides of doubtful intent to win, as well as dangerous riding.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 7:26pm
....the advantage would be that offences that now get the benefit of a grave doubt, and a let-off, would accrue some points, that allows for a number of such incidents, before the axe falls.
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The Beau Mertens line re Leodora eh?  Interesting to see if it has the same outcome.

As in the horse bolts in at its next start and the odds are much juicier?

Wink

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

As in the horse bolts in at its next start and the odds are much juicier?

Wink

Yep. Can't sustain a long run. Until it can. Glad I only punt carnival time these days.
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 4:40am
Three starts back Collateral was three deep no cover the entire trip and beat the Bowman ridden even money fav, Carzoff. Coming off the rail in the home straight probably didn't help-he had to play for luck, although I'm not sure it would have made any difference.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm

Know nothing about this ride, but I see a strong case for a demerit points system for jockeys, similar to driver's licences, that "decay" or accrue according to the number of rides, not elapsed time. Clock up too many points, in too few rides, and you are out for a spell. That would include dodgy rides of doubtful intent to win, as well as dangerous riding.

Excellent idea Max. Rides not up to expected competency - eg Heywood's, and a couple of Jeff Lloyd's on Sat according to reports - should receive more than a please explain. Avdulla's ride on Wed which caused a domino effect and received a reprimand would be another case where points could accrue. 666/1 about stewards being innovative enough to take it to their annual talk-fest though.

Inexperience is some excuse but this is telling: 

4th

COLLATERAL

Nick Heywood (a2)

A bit too fresh, pulled a majority of the way. I probably set him a task as well.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Sorry Nick, but you deserve 6 months for that filth. It wasn't a bad ride. It was a deliberate ride. Joke.

You're kidding right?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 2:52pm
I'm not. Bad rides aren't normally preceded by a monsoon of money and an alarming drift as if the market knew that bad luck was going to strike.
Sunline...simply supreme
winx View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
Talking through pocket does that to you
This was not a hook job, anyone who has ridden in races would know that horses are unpredictable and cannot be forced to do anything they do not want to do
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm
That would be a fair comment if I called every bad ride that had my $ on a hook job. But I don't. So there's obviously a difference.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm
"Bip" alert, in my opinion !
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 6:33pm
Whingers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:13pm
Heywood made no attempt to improve his position at any stage of the race despite it pulling for most of the trip - his words. Why he did that will be determined at the enquiry. Incompetence at the very minimum.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:29pm
Just about every race has a questionable ride. In my punting hey-day, I never worried about it, I guessed for every time you backed a horse that was not "on the job", there was another race where an opposition runner not being put into the race, allowed yours to win. Still, a far better look to see them all being ridden to win. I suspect the real villains are those that intentionally manage to get horses beaten without people noticing, especially when they are close up in the placings. One name comes strongly to mind....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 8:47pm

Just about every race has a questionable ride. In my punting hey-day, I never worried about it, I guessed for every time you backed a horse that was not "on the job", there was another race where an opposition runner not being put into the race, allowed yours to win. Still, a far better look to see them all being ridden to win. I suspect the real villains are those that intentionally manage to get horses beaten without people noticing, especially when they are close up in the placings. One name comes strongly to mind....
It's not the point of course but I suspect we've all been the recipient of a couple of those Max. The question often surrounds what instructions were given to the rider. Think we all accept bad luck etc but some rides are far more questionable than others - which is where I think your points system could come in very nicely. 
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
racing is totally rigged, just have fun and throw a few darts ThreeBroke

you often wonder why shorties are parked behind backsides or not ridden to suit

jockeys are all crims, wouldn't trust them to hold church money
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 10:03pm
people like blake shinn make me sick, that pr1ck hooked many horses and they gave him a visa to ride in america....what an effin joke is racing !

he should be locked up and assaulted !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 10:14pm
Tongue in cheek presumably.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic