Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tributes Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

R.I.P. Merv Corliss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P. Merv Corliss
    Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:18am
NSW people who followed country racing would know of Merv, who was one of Tamworth,s leading trainers in his day.   If you dont know Merv most will remember his great old horse, Akwazoff.
Akwazoff raced 136 times for 36 wins including 16 country cups, and many placings.  He often carried big weights, once carrying 66.5kgs.  Some cups he won twice.
Merv was known as the Country Cups King , and he retired in 2011, and passed away early this week aged 93.  His daughter, Leslie Jeffires, has carried on the tradition and trains at Tamworth.
Merv,s funeral is on Monday at 11am at Tamworth racecourse.
animals before people.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 11:45am
Good innings AA. Recall the name and the horse. Commiserations to family and friends. Attended a funeral yesterday, another long innings. RIP Doreen.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:27pm
Yes my condolences as well, only knew of him, had a great innings and left a lovely legacy, R.I.P. Merv.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 12:45pm
Condolences to the family and friends, sounds like he was a good bloke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic