Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Queen Anne - World Approval vs Barney Roy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queen Anne - World Approval vs Barney Roy
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:15pm

World Approval team eyeing Winx showdown at Royal Ascot

By Tom Kerr at Del Mar

How about this for a showdown to look forward to next summer? Breeders' Cup Mile winner World Approval, queen of Australian racing Winx and the cream of Britain and Ireland's milers clashing in a Queen Anne for the ages at Royal Ascot.

That was the tantalising possibility dangled in front of the world's racing fans after the Mark Casse-trained World Approval stormed to victory in the Mile, beating the game Lancaster Bomber into second and with Europe's champion miler Ribchester a fast-finishing fifth.

Winx, who recently sealed her third Cox Plate, is being strongly considered for a European campaign that would likely take in the Queen Anne, while Casse knows all about the challenges and rewards of racing at Ascot, having brought Tepin over to win the Queen Anne last summer.

"It's something to think about," said Casse. "He would probably handle it as good, if not better. Now would he have the same results? We hope so. But I went back to Ascot this year and we ran a filly there, and I watched a lot of other American horses run there, and get beat up, and that made me realize just how great Tepin is.

"I think World Approval is right there. He is doing the exact same things that she used to do."

Owner Charlotte Weber added of the prospect of crossing the Atlantic with her five-year-old gelding: "There's never a never. He's there to win. He's there to ride."

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 6:34am
The international glory senior cits vanity tour depends on a triumphant Ryder farewell win doesn't it? On a hard fast track- it could happen once in a Sydney autumn: emoticon not working: LOL here- I can see her losing the Ryder.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:28am
I really don't see why she would not have the same campaign as last autumn ?

reductio ad absurdum

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:48am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I really don't see why she would not have the same campaign as last autumn ?

I read Ryder but I don't see QE2 mentioned when Winx plan is reported.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:55pm
Barney Roy has inconveniently retired.

reductio ad absurdum

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic