Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Purple Zone gets go ahead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Range Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purple Zone gets go ahead
    Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 6:30am

I was just informed that the purple zone proposal has been given approval and mares will be on the move as soon as tomorrow.

ABC news also reported movement allowed.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 6:52am
and the last horses to get permits to leave this zone were?........ you guessed it!
last week one muti-national didnt want the purple zone because their horses may be locked down indefinitely within this zone...... miraculous dawn escape & suddenly the green light is given, why are we not surprised.
goanna View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 6:59am
Minister what-is his-name?, because that is what it will be, will rue the day he was persuaded by the the big studs.

Where is his plan for the rest of the State ,were other horse interests considered and how does it fit in with Qld, Vic, etc.?

We are still seeing trucks transport something and now it seems who cares.

Well, we do and no-one wants to listen.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 7:05am
lol VSP. Im so over this whole thing that Im now feeling like Im 6 months behind Ricey. Maybe thats why he's an officer and I was a digger Wink
But seriously, Im so close to just pulling down the shutters and saying 'I will not be party to that' that its scary.
Am I wrong to be coupling principle with a hobby?? I understand these studs have mouths to feed and employees to pay, but think just for a minute of the logistics involved in ensuring ALL who work and live in the purple zone will stay in it or not come into contact with other uninfected peoples or horses? Night clubs, pubs service stations (whom Im paying by leaving the cash on the pump so his lovely arabian(s) foal wont get the flu!!) the lot are a potential hot bed of distribution and infection.
I don't have one
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 7:43am
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

and the last horses to get permits to leave this zone were?........ you guessed it!
last week one muti-national didnt want the purple zone because their horses may be locked down indefinitely within this zone...... miraculous dawn escape & suddenly the green light is given, why are we not surprised.

yes VSP it stinks.
On The Range View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Range Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 8:16am

I've also heard that a few NSW mare owners are fueling up their trucks ready to ship their horses to the hunter.

So if every horse that enters the purple zone is effectively in quarantine, does that mean they can’t leave till a month after the LAST horse shows signs of the infection?  That could be in 6 months time!!!!

Good luck feeding that volume of horses till the end of summer if it doesn’t rain there.

I'm a bit stunned...how could this be allowed to happen?

whitters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:05am
My main problem now is that I wat my mare out of that shxxhole. But she will now have to contract EI and wait around. Leaves me hating the pox ridden joint.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:13am
Originally posted by whitters whitters wrote:

My main problem now is that I wat my mare out of that shxxhole. But she will now have to contract EI and wait around. Leaves me hating the pox ridden joint.

Will you be in a hurry to go back to NSW next year Whitters? - especially to Coolmore? serious question Whitters, whats your thoughts?
whitters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:25am
No Cathy. I don't take this action and reaction lightly. I would dearly love to bring her home now. When I finally can she along with any of my mares will not be going back. 
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 10:36am
what i hope for your sake is that this purple zone doesn't end up closed for months - could be an expensive holiday for your girls!
nod. View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Originally posted by whitters whitters wrote:

Will you be in a hurry to go back to NSW next year Whitters? - especially to Coolmore? serious question Whitters, whats your thoughts?

I don't know the score re Coolmore -a definitive official statement is required as things seem very dodgy.
One thing is certain, my mare will not be going to R C again and I don't think I will risk sending further ones to Australia as officialdom there seems to react like headless chooks.
I wonder at the wisdom of containing thousands of mares in a drought prone area for who knows how long? and at what cost? 
Hobby Horse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 6:14pm
EI may be a problem in the Hunter but EAV is supposed to everywhere also this year . Sending a heavily pregnant mare into the Hunter maybe an issue .
On The Range View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Range Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 9:30pm

I agree about the added risk there HH. Another worry about that situation is there has been very little official information coming out of the hunter re: EHV abortions, but I’m told by many people mares are “spitting them out everywhere”. If owners are not being told about the full extent of EHV, how can we be sure we are being correctly informed about the effects of EI on foals?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 12:14am
OTR
Its a notifiable disease and if you ask a stud if they have had it they must by Law tell you if mares on thier place have aborted . Heavy penaties apply .
Gloaming View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gloaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 1:13am
is that why they moved some of the Shuttle Stallions out of the country yesterday?
Gloaming View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gloaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 1:17am
and how come they are allowed to move the stallions out, when there is a lockdown?  Or is this a case of one rule for some.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobby Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 3:05am
I don't think Equine Herpes Virus or Equine Abortion Virus would stop the movement of stallions , but EI should you would think .

Gloaming that follows the GOLDEN RULE !!

He who has the gold makes the rules Disapprove .
goanna View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 7:56am
VSP you and the rest of Victoria are living in neverland.

The virus will hit you by what ever way and you are all sitting back and saying it is the NSW and QLD's problem.

Sorry, it is an Australiasn problem, only a question of time before it crosses the border.

I hope it does not arrive before your carnival, as it is the best
Harry View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:39am
I think that you are right. VSP is just looking after her own business. Who can blame her for that? Its just that she pretends to be looking after Australia.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:47am
Harry it really is pathetic to take pot shots at people and hide behind anonymity.

goanna View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:47am
Harry, please explain to VSP just how contagious this virus is and that it is only a question of time before it crosses that allmighty barrier, the Murrray River.
Have you seen the river lately Harry?
Harry View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:48am
If I'm wrong show me where. Are you suggesting that VSP is not looking after her own interests first?
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

I think that you are right. VSP is just looking after her own business. Who can blame her for that? Its just that she pretends to be looking after Australia.

Please explain Harry???
in what way am i looking after my own business in any inappropriate sense? and pray do explain how any business practice of mine has impacted negatively on you or any other person in this industry!!!
How have I made any play at "looking after Australia" Harry? I've only expressed incredulity at the openly self serving interests of people like yourself. I'm not the one suggesting that any risk is taken of further spread of EI - I believe that may have been you.
please elaborate further on my sins Harry - such as you find them??
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:50am
To Abbot & Costello( Goanna & Harry)If it does cross the river i'm sure she stands to suffer as much if not more than you clowns.
Who says i'm dumb?
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:51am
Harry old fella, you must be reading something I havent cause I havent seen VSP look after her own interests in any of this.

You'd better clarify you comments with examples.
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:52am

If I'm wrong show me where. Are you suggesting that VSP is not looking after her own interests first?

Looking after what Harry???
I'm running my business as per usual.
I'm watching with fear for so many friends & associates caught up in crisis.
I'm following with awe the incredible work of the people attempting to help this industry.
I'm listening in amazement to the stories of double standards.

Which of the above are you finding so troubling to cope with??
Harry View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:53am
I'm not blaming you for looking after your own interests VSP. It was like asking whether whitters would ever go to the Hunter again specifically Coolmore!!! If that wasn't pointed, tell what is was?
All I'm saying is that its a bit rich for you to criticise others for what you do yourself, just a little more subtly.
As far as EI spread goes, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to your owen business and leave the Hunter business to the Hunter.
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 8:58am

I'm not blaming you for looking after your own interests VSP. It was like asking whether whitters would ever go to the Hunter again specifically Coolmore!!! If that wasn't pointed, tell what is was?
All I'm saying is that its a bit rich for you to criticise others for what you do yourself, just a little more subtly.
As far as EI spread goes, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to your owen business and leave the Hunter business to the Hunter.

sorry if I'm jumping in VSP but some of this crap needs to clarified by Harry.

what does VSP 'do herself just more subtly'?

VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 9:02am

You prize dickhead Harry - Whitters and I go back to the beginnings of time - he purchased his very first mare from me - we are in friendly contact. We've joked about him sticking to Coolmore - in light of Coolmore's excellent PR exercise with the US stallions I was asking him if he would venture back - nothing more nothing less.
When have I ever cancelled a service contract to anyone???
Please substantiate your outrageous & unfounded statements or please apologise - you have no idea of my business ethics or the lengths I go to to protect the interests of my clients.
To say I find your comments insulting and hurtful would be mild - I therefore expect your public apology on this forum.

goanna View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2007 at 9:03am
" leave the Hunter business to the Hunter"

Harry, how many people are you speaking for, because a few friends of mine think you are now doing damage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic