Print Page | Close Window

2019 Cricket World Cup

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=64010
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 3:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2019 Cricket World Cup
Posted By: djebel
Subject: 2019 Cricket World Cup
Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:25pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Replies:
Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:04pm
Okay looking at the tournament.

Once again New Zealand are showing form coming into the world cup so their usual semi final spot looks good.

West Indies, Sri Lanka and South Africa are capable of winning matches against the better teams, but they struggle with consistency, they can not win the cup.

The two for me are England and India. England have all the pressure, but they also have a well balanced side, who can defend a small score, or chase a big target. India has two of the best one day batsmen of all time and both are absolutely determined to win this cup with Dhoni having his last chance.

So I will go England to win, And we will have Pakistan as our longshot to do well!

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:35pm
What about Straya!Thumbs Up ... after all, now we have the 

"SCOMENTUM"Big smile

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:45pm
Good summary Voyager.

Just a little background....

1.  This is a 10 team round robin played as a single group.  The top 4 ranked teams at the end of the round robin progress to the knockout semi finals (1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd) with the semi final winners meeting on a knockout final on 14 July 2019

2.  Eight teams qualified by virtue of their international rating at September 2017 (including host nation England)  see table 2

3.  The remaining two teams came through the ICC World Cup Qualifyng tournament in Zimbabwe in March 2018 with Afghanistan and West Indies meeting in the final in Harare.  Afghanistan won by 7 wickets despite losing the toss.  They dismissed West Indies in under 47 overs for 204 and made the runs for the loss of only 3 wickets in less than 41 overs.  Both finalists qualified for the World Cup finals.   Ireland and Zimbabwe (both test status nations) did not qualify for the finals.

4.  Latest ICC ODI rankings at 20 May 2019   (Table 1)

5. ICC ODI Rankings September 2017    (Table 2)
(Top 8 qualify for 2019 World Cup)

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:04pm
And some early markets...

Date Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:26pm
And finally, the Australians itinerary :  (Times are AEST)

Saturday 1 June 2019  Australia v Afghanistan  County Ground, Bristol  22.30

Thursday 6 June 2019 Australia v West Indies  Trent Bridge Nottingham 19.30

Sunday 9 June 2019 Australia v India  The Oval, London 19.30

Wednesday 12 June 2019 Australia v Pakistan  Taunton Somerset 19.30

Saturday 15 June 2019 Australia v Sri Lanka  The Oval London  19.30

Thursday 20 June 2019  Australia v Bangladesh  Trent Bridge Nottingham  19.30

Tuesday 25 June 2019 Australia v England  Lord's, London  19.30

Saturday 29 June 2019  Australia v New Zealand  Lord's London  22.30  

Saturday 6 July 2019  Australia v South Africa  Old Trafford, Manchester  22.30   

Tuesday 9 July 2019  First Semi Final (1st v 4th)  Old Trafford Manchester  19.30

Thursday 11 July 2019 Second Semi Final (2nd v 3rd)  Edgbaston Birmingham  19.30

Sunday 14 July 2019  World Cup Final  Lords, London  19.30  (same night as the men's final at Wimbeldon and the British Grand Prix at Silverstone)

Date Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:01am
Thanks guys - you have the Scomentum too! Thumbs Up

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

Good summary Voyager.

Just a little background....

1.  This is a 10 team round robin played as a single group.  The top 4 ranked teams at the end of the round robin progress to the knockout semi finals (1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd) with the semi final winners meeting on a knockout final on 14 July 2019

2.  Eight teams qualified by virtue of their international rating at September 2017 (including host nation England)  see table 2

3.  The remaining two teams came through the ICC World Cup Qualifyng tournament in Zimbabwe in March 2018 with Afghanistan and West Indies meeting in the final in Harare.  Afghanistan won by 7 wickets despite losing the toss.  They dismissed West Indies in under 47 overs for 204 and made the runs for the loss of only 3 wickets in less than 41 overs.  Both finalists qualified for the World Cup finals.   Ireland and Zimbabwe (both test status nations) did not qualify for the finals.

I think this is the best way to conduct a world cup Tontonan.

If my memory is correct the only previous world cup to have one where all teams play each other once and then the top four go through to the semi-finals was in Australia in 1992, and it was a cracker of a tournament.

As Graham Gooch said in a documentary, it is the fairest way as you have earnt your spot in the finals.

Should be a good tournament!
4.  Latest ICC ODI rankings at 20 May 2019   (<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Table 1)</span>

5. ICC ODI Rankings September 2017    (<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Table 2)</span>
(Top 8 qualify for 2019 World Cup)

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 7:28am
10 teams and the tournament will still drag on for 45 days? What a joke! May as well just have everyone else play India once the the best performed play Pakistan in a semi final for the right to play India in the final.

People joke about the standards of the Rugby League and to a lesser extent the Rugby Union world cups but at least these sports understand that exposure to the big boys is the best way to increase performance and interest in the lesser performed countries.

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:35pm
Warner and Smith are two massive additions to a side in good form... but I just don't think Finch is a captain's Christmas pudding. Plus, the selectors will be picking Marsh and Zampa ahead of Stoinis & Lyon... so, I think we're f****d.

Warner, Khawaja, Smith, Wade, Stoinis, Maxwell, Carey, Starc, Cummins, Coulter-Nile, Lyon...that XI would win this thing.

Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:04pm
Have back Khawaja as tournament leading run scorer.

I think Finch is a very good captain, bordering on outstanding.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:48pm
England were very impressive dealing with the South Africans.  

Jofra Archer looks an extraordinary player generating great pace seemingly out of nowhere.  The ball that sent Hashim Alma back to the sheds for a spell was murderous.  Thank heaven for helmets.  3/27 off 42 balls on pitch that was a belter.  

Yet Archer was nowhere near Man of the Match because Ben Stokes had a day out with bat, ball and in the field.  Probably the best catch I have ever seen , a run out, 2 for 12 off 17 balls and all that after top scoring for England with 89 runs off 79 balls.  Surely that was one of the finest all round performances in the history of the 50 over game.

A top night's entertainment.

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:57pm
Good match and Stokes certainly showed he is in for a good tournament.

South African bowling attack did well to keep England down to just over 300, about thirty short, but the England bowlers showed there quality.

I though Du Plessis made a good move to open with the spinner, and that might be something other captains may look at doing.

Windies against the Pakistan team tonight should answer some questions.

-------------

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 7:58pm
Nice catch 

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:07pm
Best catch since he caught a huge if inexplicable result in the courtroom after relentlessly bashing a supposed homosexual.DeadOuch

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:24pm
I have not seen Archer before and I was skeptical.  

I was even more skeptical when I saw how much bling he was wearing.  That necklace looks like a gold plated motor cycle chain and that Rolex would settle my debts.  

But having seen him last night I am a believer.  He could make the difference in this World Cup.  

England is a team I have traditionally loved to hate there is a lot to like about this one.  

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 7:36am
Archer has only recently qualified for England (born in Barbados), he has made his name on the T20 circuit and has been on Englands radar for a while. He's played a few BBL seasons now for Hobart.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:03pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 9:41pm
Cheers Afros, 

I know nothing about 20/20 so I haven't encountered Archer until this tournament.   I like what I see though.  He's the cherry on top of a very good English side.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 2:00am
Nice catch.

Seen better.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:15am
Who is the moron who drew up the schedule?

Half the teams will have played 2 matches before India play 1 while their opener against South Africa on Wednesday will be SA's 3rd match.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 8:10am
John Dyson's catch.Thumbs Up

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/adam-gilchrist-cricket-fan-childhood-john-dyson-classic-catches-scg-sydney-video-highlights/2018-01-25" rel="nofollow - https://www.cricket.com.au/video/adam-gilchrist-cricket-fan-childhood-john-dyson-classic-catches-scg-sydney-video-highlights/2018-01-25

-------------

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:47am
Not a good start for SA!

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Not a good start for SA!

Did you splash the French Open ?... Some big names going around ...

Hasn't been good for my sleep patterns .

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:37pm
That ladies and gentleman is what Pakistan are capable of. I bet the players got took the $5.00 head to head!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 1:37am
Checked in on the cricket a couple of times 4 for 80 odd ... 6 for 170 odd, might make 240 ... so watched ep 3 of Chernobyl with the missus. Great show!

Happens that I missed the real fireworks! ... Coulter-Nile "ignited" down the order for the Aussies ... Wowee!Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 8:25pm
Australia scrambled to a win, but it had more to do with the Windies flaws, than the Aussies great form.

We get the true indication of where they sit on Sunday against the Indians.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 9:03pm
Good sign beating an in-form Windies after giving them a massive head start.

Windies got themselves into a position to win, but Starc is a gun!

Agree, India game should be a cracker.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 9:10pm
Windies have no stamina.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 2:48pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 2:50pm
Very classy gesture by Kohli asking the crowd to stop booing Smith.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm
The crowds have every right to express their disapproval of Smith and Warner.  

In my opinion it is part of the penalty and the crowds are the crowds are upholding standards : They disapprove of cheats, and cricket should disapprove of cheats.  

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:13pm
That is why they were banned. They served their penalty.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:24pm
We booed Virat simply for being a champion and fighting like a champion the last few times he has been out here. It will be interesting to see how we treat him next time.

I agree with Tontonan, And I doubt Smith is too concerned. Crikeys they are going to cop it far worse from the Balmy Army in  The Ashes.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:28pm
Smith and Warner aren't entitled to cuddles or applause just because they served a penalty, and the paying public are fully entitled to their say.  They have every right to disapprove of cheating.

Smith and Warner might have satisfied the conscience of Cricket Australia by serving a 12 month ban but the cricket public apparently still disapprove.    

No one is stopping Smith and Warner from playing.  And no one should seek to stop the public from expressing their disapproval at their cheating. 

Boo.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
Nobody is asking that they be cuddled They served their penalty and until shown to not be remorseful it should be done with in my view. 

I am not a fan of booing sportspeople or referees/umpires doing their job in general though.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 5:52pm
That is just your personal preference for how you want to conduct yourself at sporting events. I would act the same as you but still no reason to stop the crowd booing. It’s part and parcel of sports when there is a perceived villain. Nothing wrong with it.

Posted By: Brudder_A
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
I agree with the sentiments of Tontonon & E&E with regard to this issue.

These guys lost the admiration of the fans who followed them and cheered them along before they committed those irresponsible actions. They brought this phenomena on themselves. The cricket public will act accordingly.

Can't imagine that the cricket administration stepping in and walking those who jeer out of the stadium.

However, the jeering debate won't stop here because when it comes to AFL football with what Goodes endured and what some black soccer players face in Eastern Europe the issue of fan abuse borders on serious moral (and possibly legal) actions.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:03pm
No love on this thread?

OK I understand Warner and Smitho BUTTTTT Finch?

C'mon lads ;)

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:31pm
It was an outstanding win but with plenty of work and improvement to come.

Sri Lanka really took it to Australia early in their innings, Was exciting to watch.

I wonder if they might open with Khawaja and Finch in the next couple of games ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 1:51pm
Great turn around from the bowlers after an awesome start by Sri Lanka. Do feel bad for Khawaja, was in the form of his ODI career when opening earlier this year.

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm

That is just your personal preference for how you want to conduct yourself at sporting events. I would act the same as you but still no reason to stop the crowd booing. It’s part and parcel of sports when there is a perceived villain. Nothing wrong with it.

Not at AFL it isn't , the brownshirts have gone way over the top, at the instruction of Gill and his band of ridiculous  clowns

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Not at AFL it isn't , the brownshirts have gone way over the top, at the instruction of Gill and his band of ridiculous  clowns

I am with Gil and his band of ridiculous clowns.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:23am
Never ever host another World Cup in England, the place just rains and ruins a good game of cricket

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

What circus do you work at djebel ?

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 5:06pm

That makes one of you, not even Gill is with Gill Smile

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-gillon-mclachlan-apologises-to-footy-fans-whove-felt-intimidated-at-games/news-story/95a84508ca4bb523535fd8f9d6152330" rel="nofollow - https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-gillon-mclachlan-apologises-to-footy-fans-whove-felt-intimidated-at-games/news-story/95a84508ca4bb523535fd8f9d6152330

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:24am
Nothing to fear from South Africa or New Zealand. Australia should win 3 of their last 4 matches and are a reasonable shot at all 4.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 6:52am
Williamson What a hero !

[<:o)] 👏👏👏👏👏

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 7:35am
I think we can just about safely say the semi finalists are New Zealand, Australia, England and India.

If thats the case the ICC will be hoping for the semi finals to be England vs Australia and India to defeat NZ.

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:10pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I think we can just about safely say the semi finalists are New Zealand, Australia, England and India.

If thats the case the ICC will be hoping for the semi finals to be England vs Australia and India to defeat NZ.

Hoping for a England India Final ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: horseshoe
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:23pm
David Warner (C) I doubt that

-------------
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 9:48pm
LOL Did not notice that.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 7:31am

Probably what the bean counters would prefer.

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 11:02pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 22 Jun 2019 at 11:18pm
Afghanistan is right in this.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:39am
Interesting game ... I reckon England either get there in 45 overs or they get bowled out ... leaning toward the latter, I think there's a bit in the pitch for our quicks, and that the total is better than it seems. Come on Aussie!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:19am
This is definitely not over.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:39am
No sooner does one say that and England collapse. Can sleep easy now. 👏

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:05am
45 minutes later all done and dusted 🕺

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:16pm
A merciless shellacking ... who are the Poms gonna boo now?Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
Where is Fiddles? 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:10pm
I was bemoaning the bowling attack, but after England put the Aussies into bat, our attack used the conditions well.

The English are now in trouble as they meet India and New Zealand and they must win both matches to make the finals, and it looks like they have done the usual trick and peaked early.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:23pm
Looks likely that the Bangers v Pakistan will decide 4th if the Poms capitulate ... should be a good match too - like an extra final!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:49pm
Did India just play England out of the finals? ... any betting trends evident last night?Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Did NEW ZEALAND just play England out of the finals? ... any betting trends evident last night?Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm

Did India just play England out of the finals? ... any betting trends evident last night?Wink

England not going to well, fiddlesticks and deary me Shocked

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 1:55pm

England not going too well, fiddlesticks and deary me Shocked

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 2:00pm
With 5th Pakistan to play bottom placed Afghanistan and Afghanistan next and England to play 3rd placed India and NZ. could well have.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 4:11pm
Great format this time around. So many possible scenarios to play out, though the Kiwis are probably safe in all of them. The washout v India is their best result of the tournament.

India are about to play three games in six days, with England and Bangladesh both desperate for points. Both of those games will be on the short boundaries (especially for the lefties) at Edgbaston. Iqbal, Al Hasan, Stokes and Morgan are all lefties, though none of them have been anything other than ordinary at Edgbaston.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Great format this time around. So many possible scenarios to play out, though the Kiwis are probably safe in all of them. The washout v India is their best result of the tournament.

India are about to play three games in six days, with England and Bangladesh both desperate for points. Both of those games will be on the short boundaries (especially for the lefties) at Edgbaston. Iqbal, Al Hasan, Stokes and Morgan are all lefties, though none of them have been anything other than ordinary at Edgbaston.

Yep loving the format too. And also the Timezone to be honest. It’s great to be able to come home every night and flick it on for a 7:30 start. Usually watch the first innings then go to bed. If I was a hardcore fan I’d have no hesitation watching it to conclusion though. Don’t think there’s a better timing anywhere in the world TBH.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:42pm
The Australian fast bowlers cleaned up half the batting lineup in the nets last night ahead of the Sth Africa match tomorrow. Lucky the Proteas are going like busteds  Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm
Coach said "if you go hard at the nets you win soft in the matches".

Take that as you will, however Justin's maxims already appear near enough for publication of a slim but well sought publication of trite and meaningless phrases.  

Bottom line is that talent and application ensure that teams perform at their best in one-day tournaments, particularly on typically benign pitches, not short pitched deliveries on questionable practice wickets.  Dead

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:01pm

Probably what the bean counters would prefer.

Semi final line up is as expected, I reckon the ICC would have only changed one thing in their perfect world, NZ out, Pakistan in.

Expect India to win comfortably while the Ashes battle in the other semi is a toss of the coin for mine, it may come down to how the respective new ball attacks fair against their opposition top order.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:56pm
What about those KIWI'S ( Go The Black Caps)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:18pm
The $2.32 looks good Australia .    With almost 5 million in the Betfair Pool before a ball bowled .       . I like it as I think it's "overs" .

Usually good matches when the Poms are our opponents .

Breaking off for bed time might be hard around midnight.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:48pm
Have no fear, Handscomb's here.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

GONE ===       in very few overs.   

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:21pm
2 months ago I'd have been perfectly fine bowing out in the semhigh finals.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

GONE ===       in very few overs.   

He's a waste of space in a cricket team so I knew I had to type fast.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:00pm
That's cruel . Tlaz.

Lets see them get out of this one ...
the odds now tell the story.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:50am
Looks like it might have been a good toss to lose ...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:59am

Looks like it might have been a good toss to lose ...

I heard the commentators saying both sides wanted to bat first. I won’t pretend to a cricket expert but I’d have to ask why? Surely they would have had a fair idea the ball was going to do a fair bit?

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:10am
I didn't hear that discussion but NZ seem to benefited by batting first when the latter part of the day was washed out and India batting the following day.

Conditions were similar today with covers ready to go on most of the day.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I didn't hear that discussion but NZ seem to benefited by batting first when the latter part of the day was washed out and India batting the following day.

Conditions were similar today with covers ready to go on most of the day.

----------- Disappointing lot ...    Didn't give a yelp .
            I left it in the bag .

Meat pie cricketers on last nights lack of anything positive.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:40am
There is a theory that it's a bat first tournament, so I guess that's why.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 2:07pm
WC Final Odds

England $1.30

NZ       $3.60

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 9:31pm
NZ Won the toss and will bat (Go The Black Caps)

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:05am
You would think that the POMs planned this drama....

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:17am
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:31am
Now lets go to the Pub....

Posted By: kiwi88
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:38am
That hurts Cry

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:40am
Good to see the Poms win one at last .

Punishment for NZ ,   They did send us Russel Crow & that walking headline ,   Derryn Hinch.

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 2:21pm
The only really bad one they sent was Joh Bjelke-Petersen

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

The only really bad one they sent was Joh Bjelke-Petersen

Queensland has nose dived since Jo was persecuted for his efforts.

Real S---t Hole now and broke.   That's what Labor does to everything they touch.

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:27pm
New Zealand won the World Cup.
The umpires made the wrong call on the overthrows.
England was meant to be given just 5 runs, not 6.
The batsmen hadnt crossed yet. prior to fielder releasing ball.
Umpires were completely wrong.
The rule is in black and white as a Law.

Its New Zealands World Cup.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 6:56pm
Where did Hungary finish?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:00pm
I will not bemoan England the win but I agree that NZ should have won and it has nothing to do with the overthrows.

If you have a cricket score there are wickets and runs. So why we use only the runs as a winning total. The English were bowled out in their fifty overs, but New Zealand had two less wickets which tells me that they were the better team for the match, so no power over or countback should have been required.

But I guess I do not know what I talking about!

-------------

Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:05pm
Hard to believe after the tied scores in the 50 overs and the super over that the title was decided by the number of sixes / fours hit in the 50 overs.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 7:11pm
That makes two of us.  I have never understood why wickets isn't included in the winning equation either.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net