Print Page | Close Window

Morrison Coalition Government

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=64002
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Morrison Coalition Government
Posted By: oneonesit
Subject: Morrison Coalition Government
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:09am
There we go. 

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Replies:
Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:21am
My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:34am
Yes the mess they were leaving Labor are now theirs to fix.

I am sure though that all future debt will be added to Labor's debt as usual.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:37am
Well i must say i thought both Shorten & Morrison spoke well last night. I'm surprised Bill even had a speech along those lines prepared - anyhow he came across very well. Morrison does have a gift of the gab no doubt . Lovely family as well- those two little girls looked so proud of their dad.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:45am
We could well be looking at very long stint for Scomo. He will have absolute rule over the party & be able to set up an extremely stable unit. Actually - you have to wonder how the ALP can ever win now. Disunity was almost their biggest trump card going in & they still couldn't get over the line.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:54am
The ABC coverage last night is a great case study in body language. Penny Wong & that Laura Tingle started off full of beans. Sure both had their celebration parties already sorted. Then you could see the smile slowly come off their faces until the realisation hit that they were in strife. The sad thing is Wong tries to advance the belief that she is grounds root, in touch with the peoples needs.She is not. For all of their issues, the likes of Barnaby & Dutton are really more across peoples daily needs than Penny ever will be.

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:55am
I didn't think it'd take long for the sour grapes & negativity to flow LOL
Gee this site's sluggish today - for me anyway Confused

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:57am
And i will say this & get off before i get shot down. I think the Folau affair "did" impact the vote of some. Very polarising & may have cemented a few swingers into thinking "enough is a enough"

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:57am
He may have more control with Abbott gone, Molan missing a Senate Seat and Barnaby neutered but with only a few seat majority it will be dependent on who Labor selects as a leader. Logic says Albo, but there will be major pressure for a woman from the left. If Albo is leader he is very popular and wont be trailing by 20 points in preferred PM, and Morrison wont be without poll pressure very long. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:58am
Very sluggish Gay. Takes a minute for pages to load and hold your breath to see if a post registers.

-------------

Posted By: Isaac soloman
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Disappointing how the media tried to make something about how Morrison seemed largely by himself.

It just made him look very strong and capable, whereas Bill needed the back up with all those around him.

abc dont deserve any more money the sanctimonious mob. Will have to tune into local abc radio to hear to hear how they respond. LOL With Ita at the helm now will be interesting times for the public servants.

ALP will be looking for that miracle worker themselves.

Is that possible pt? for non believers?

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I didn't think it'd take long for the sour grapes & negativity to flow LOL
Gee this site's sluggish today - for me anyway Confused

The Climate Change delusion was put to bed last night .

We may now see more progress.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:03pm
Surely you mean less progress maxie?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Very sluggish Gay. Takes a minute for pages to load and hold your breath to see if a post registers.

You've slowed it up PT ...   The hordes Queue'd up to get at you ...

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:06pm
It was pretty swift and savage maxie. LOL

-------------

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:28pm
Morrison won this entire election on his own.
Credit where credit is due, he carried a broken party, campaigned unbelievably well, and got one of the greatest victories by a single leader in recent memory.

The ALP lean too far to the left.
Its actually that simple.

Australia still has large religious beliefs, and whilst same sex marriage vote was approved, most Australians dont want too much change, and the first change you cant offend is religion.

Its not being said, but I guarantee that Morrison won because Muslims, Jews, Christians, would have voted for him, on mass.
To not think that, would be in denial.
Morrison is deeply religious, a man as stating last night, believes in "miracles".

When you have Penny Wong banging on about her Atheism, you pretty much have no chance.

Personally, I thought Shorten would win, based purely on the fact Australian wages are stagnant.

Australians are learning to live more simply.
Yesteryear, smashed avocado was an everyday event for many people, now its a once a month luxury.

One must beg to question, if people are stagnant with their finances, yet still voted Morrison, we ask "why"?

We have repeated what happened in America.
The polls are false, so dont even make reference to them in the future. They are clearly a false and delusional sense of comfort.

I think at the end of the day, Shorten wasnt liked because he sides too much with the Politically Correct, and society is rejecting that on mass.
Its actually a minority that support PC brigade. Its not a large movement. The media make it seem like it is.

Shorten doesnt speak well either. His over-dramatised pauses are very predictable.
Morrison came across as more real.
And at the end of the day, that counts for plenty too.
People see through superficiality.

Morrisons victory is one of the most outstanding in Australian political history.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 12:36pm

WE WANT DOC ____   when _ NOW.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:06pm
I will put this out there early in the thread. Has Morrison got the goods to become a great leader of this country ? What are his strengths - his weaknesses ? He is only 51 years old - so he has got a potential 15 to 20 years ahead of him. I thought his speech last night was excellent - first time i had seen him in that light.

-------------

Posted By: Heavy10
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:17pm
So over or under 1.5 PM's this term?

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:25pm
As i understand it (& i dont really) - Morrison is pretty well locked in for the next 3 years Heavy. 

-------------

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:29pm
Morrison will be knifed by June 30, 2020

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Posted By: mc41
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:44pm
Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I will put this out there early in the thread. Has Morrison got the goods to become a great leader of this country ? What are his strengths - his weaknesses ? He is only 51 years old - so he has got a potential 15 to 20 years ahead of him. I thought his speech last night was excellent - first time i had seen him in that light.

I saw leigh sales interview him on 7.30 and he was very "punchy" knew figures, never hesitated in his answers. Very strong. The treasurer portfolio has put him in good stead.

What portfolios did Bill shorten hold? He seemed to paper over with words, not facts.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue

Is that the same prediction that had labor in a landslide?

Like the labor mob, no clue.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Given the pig spent north of $30M and paid for some LNP HTV cards. what is his price ???

Sour grapes. The greens and get up couldnt do it for you. Get with the strengthLOL

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Morrison will be knifed by June 30, 2020

Watch the internal bitch fest happen in the labor ranks.

Do you think they will be SORTED by 2020?

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:33pm
mc you still chasing the class division?   

When will you ever learn?

3 years i supposeLOL

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:39pm
  Is just plain DUMB better...    Morrison is in for the long haul.
He has lifted the Party above the white anters and won a difficult election .. and made huge fools of people like u wc41.
Also of benefit is the Parties parasites have gone =   Turnbull, Pine , julie Bishop , Banks etc .   
The LNP will reign supreme for many years ahead.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:44pm
I agree Macca. i am looking for a suitable word/ phrase to describe it. How about "the opposite of a perfect storm"

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:44pm
Is going to take a supreme leader from labor to topple Scott Morison.

a period of instability coming up for the labor party.

Nothing outstanding in the present crop.

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:48pm
Plibersek will be a snake in the grass until she gets the top job.

-------------

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:50pm
The Coalition scraped in, and Labor were only a bee's dick off winning some close seats.

Next election with a leader that the country can trust might see Labor steamroll into government.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:51pm

Plibersek will be a snake in the grass until she gets the top job.

And she'd probably win.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:57pm
ha ha pt. 
your mates are upset.

Chinese state media says shock federal election victory will impact China-Australia relations

hina's state-owned media outlet Global Times has released an editorial saying it is "far from optimistic again" about Chinese-Australian relations after Prime Minister Scott Morrison's unexpected election win.

Key points:

• Chinese state media says China-Australia relations have deteriorated in recent years
  • A Global Times editorial described the shock election result as "far from optimistic" for foreign relations
  • Former prime minister Paul Keating said spy chiefs were "nutters" and sacking them would improve relations

In an editorial posted to the newspaper's official WeChat account just after midnight following the election, the newspaper said Chinese people were concerned about the  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-27/chinese-australian-relations-have-had-a-rollercoaster-year/10638590" rel="nofollow - impact Mr Morrison's election would have on foreign relations .

"This election result also means that China-Australia relations,  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-05/whats-behind-the-thaw-in-chinas-relations-with-australia/10467788" rel="nofollow - which have deteriorated in recent years  under the leadership of the ruling Coalition formed by the Australian Liberal Party and the National Party, will continue to have uncertain prospects," the editorial read.

"According to the statements made by the Australian media and some Labor Party politicians before the election, it seemed that if the Labor Party wins the election, the party will bring some positive changes to the China-Australia relations."

The editorial pointed to comments from former prime minister and Labor leader  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-06/federal-election-bill-shorten-disagrees-with-paul-keating-china/11082144" rel="nofollow - Paul Keating, who said Australia's spy chiefs are "nutters"  who should be sacked in order to improve relations with China.

"Paul Keating, the former prime minister of the Labor Party who used to be friendly to China, publicly urged the Labor Party to expel the head of ASIO immediately, after the party wins the election. He said that the madman had destroyed the China-Australian relations," the editorial read. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-19/china-state-media-reaction-to-australian-election-result/11128458" rel="nofollow - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-19/china-state-media-reaction-to-australian-election-result/11128458

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Is that the same prediction that had labor in a landslide?

Like the labor mob, no clue.

Did I make that prediction? Refresh my memory. Doesn't sound like me. I don't like to tempt fate where Labor is concerned.
The only predictions I can recall making were that Abbott and Dutton would lose.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:01pm
Turnbull must feel very isolated now. Yesterdays man

-------------

Posted By: mc41
Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Sour grapes. The greens and get up couldnt do it for you. Get with the strengthLOL

He has lifted the Party above the white anters and won a difficult election .. and made huge fools of people like u wc41.
Also of benefit is the Parties parasites have gone =   Turnbull, Pine , julie Bishop , Banks etc .   

You can’t just say the price is a coal mine,I understand why

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:33pm

You can’t just say the price is a coal mine,I understand why

I think the word Stability and Moral Strength favours Scomo's team ,
(Barnaby excepted) but look into that Labor Lot and you have some reptile history . ( Drug Runners included )

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:34pm

Turnbull must feel very isolated now. Yesterdays man

Very lonely and isolated. They said he watched the election coverage from his luxury apartment in Singapore, having just stopped over from a stay in his luxury Manhattan apartment before returning to his Sydney harbourside mansion. 

He must be shattered to not be still in Canberra with all the backstabbing mates in his former party.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2019 at 10:49pm
lol PT ...      You could turn an envelope into a $100 note.

Turnbull isn't about money , He wouldn't know what struggle means .

His lifeline is EGO & apart from that he has nothing.

Malcolm would be hurting more than Shorten tonight and Shorten doesn't have to wake up in the morning alongside Lucy.     .

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:42am

ScoMo is no John Howard, but then, can you imagine what JH would have done to that imposter Shorten? ... I certainly don't underestimate what he did to him over the past couple of weeks in just a few well placed observations and statements about Bills character and abilities.Ouch John Howard knows.Wink  

My prediction is that ScoMo will hand the reins over to either Joshie or Andrew Hastie around about his 60th Birthday, having won 4 elections.

... because Labor's problem is the same as the Dems in the US ... their next PM hasn't been born yet.Embarrassed

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:46am
Shouldn't this just be an extension of the LNP Government thread? ... after all, ScoMo did most of the work to keep them alive, and sink the Shorten Govt thread ... he deserves the continuity, and besides, it will overtake the Trump thread at some point after 2022 ...

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:04am
I have a problem with this threads title.

There is no coalition. Any person who thinks the National party, is not the rural and regional arm of the Liberal Party, has been asleep for about thirty years.

And for all the conservatives just remember why they are a "coalition". Without the "partnership/takeover", no conservative party would ever win an election.

As has been stated in the last thirty years, a government only gets one get out of jail free election result. If ScoMo and his crew can not get that surplus up, and if the overall debt grows from now until the next election, then he is dead in the water!

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Shouldn't this just be an extension of the LNP Government thread? ... after all, ScoMo did most of the work to keep them alive, and sink the Shorten Govt thread ... he deserves the continuity, and besides, it will overtake the Trump thread at some point after 2022 ...

It is just oneone trying to hijack the LNP thread and claim a thread started for himself. #sad.Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:18am

It is just oneone trying to hijack the LNP thread and claim a thread started for himself. #sad.Embarrassed

oneone sets the agenda for this forum, we all know that Wacko

Posted By: rusty nails
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:53am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

There is no coalition. Any person who thinks the National party, is not the rural and regional arm of the Liberal Party, has been asleep for about thirty years.

And for all the conservatives just remember why they are a "coalition". Without the "partnership/takeover", no conservative party would ever win an election.

As has been stated in the last thirty years, a government only gets one get out of jail free election result. If ScoMo and his crew can not get that surplus up, and if the overall debt grows from now until the next election, then he is dead in the water!

How many budget forecasts of a surplus will we get in this term?
One more before they fess up that it is a fallacy?

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

How many budget forecasts of a surplus will we get in this term?
One more before they fess up that it is a fallacy?

Wounded aye RUSTY...      never mind , You will recover , slowly.

Unlike Whale , who bleeds in the knowledge that oneone, has him by the "Short & Curlies".

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:06pm
i reckon the first revision on the phantom surplus forecast will be shortly after the Reserve Bank's first of 2 announced  rate cuts due to ''headwinds'' and following the lift in unemployment last week.

Always someone else's fault.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:13pm
I’m ok Maxie,

Just stating the obvious.
It’s generally acknowledged that to get to a surplus forecast, their assumptions were “heroic”
Which is puzzling,as their narrative during the election, that we are facing headwinds,is not reflected in their budget forecast.

An unruly senate might save them from themselves

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:14pm
The whinging has begunLOL

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:14pm

[/QUOTE]

Wounded aye RUSTY...      never mind , You will recover , slowly.

Unlike Whale , who bleeds in the knowledge that oneone, has him by the "Short & Curlies".[/QUOTE]

Really, unlike you this is not my life Macca 

And considering his very strange obsession with looks I would not let him anywhere near that area of my body , would need to be a fairly big closet for fatso to fit in LOL

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:18pm

i reckon the first revision on the phantom surplus forecast will be shortly after the Reserve Bank's first of 2 announced  rate cuts due to ''headwinds'' and following the lift in unemployment last week.

Surplus of $9.2 billion in 22/23 - happy days.Thumbs Up

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:21pm
I'd suggest the Senate will be friendly.    Appreciation to Clive for spending a mountain of money in putting the LNP message out.
One Nation is an arm of the Libs , & needs to be appreciated.

NOW WE NEED A WAR ON DRUG USERS ,   AND QUICK.
They found a way to torture smokers and reduce the numbers BIG TIME so now it's time to get real on the illegal drug scurge that is so destructive .
   OFF THE ROADS AND OFF THE STREETS IF NECESSARY.

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:21pm
Fatso, havnt heard that term for so long.

Should be used much more nowadays.

Maybe able to use it more often, now with a STRONG government and not the whiff off the nimbys who are whinging long and loud.

Fancy calling AUSTRALIANS stupid for re electing this government.

Another media piece i have seen referred to US as hillarys deplorables.

https://thewest.com.au/opinion/paul-murray/paul-murray-federal-election-2019-marked-a-rebuke-for-progressive-politics-but-doesnt-settle-the-tensions-in-our-system-ng-b881204164z" rel="nofollow - https://thewest.com.au/opinion/paul-murray/paul-murray-federal-election-2019-marked-a-rebuke-for-progressive-politics-but-doesnt-settle-the-tensions-in-our-system-ng-b881204164z

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:58pm
Hey Rusty - just a statistics question for you. PT forecast an ALP win - & at least a 10 year reign after that. So now the LNP got up - & are more than likely to keep the top job for the same 10 years - is it fair to say PT is out by 23 years ? More importantly, is that figure within the margin of error on a bell distribution curve within 2 standard deviations of certainty ?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:04pm

Hey Rusty - just a statistics question for you. PT forecast an ALP win - & at least a 10 year reign after that. So now the LNP got up - & are more than likely to keep the top job for the same 10 years - is it fair to say PT is out by 23 years ? More importantly, is that figure within the margin of error on a bell distribution curve within 2 standard deviations of certainty ?

I'll have you know that PT has just been appointed Sportsbet's new head of their election betting division.Thumbs Up

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:17pm
Bills been doing plenty of post-election analysis. When asked what went wrong he said “we didn’t get enough votes”. Fair comment that

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:26pm

Garbage in, garbage out.

The problem with your theory,is that the electorate has already established the front bench is either despicable or incompetent.
This time they chose the devil they knew,rather than risk change.

In 3 years time, no one will be listening to Scomo’s spin, debt will have continued to blow out, and the ALP will be a small target.
So,3 years not another 10!

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:40pm

Surplus of $9.2 billion in 22/23 - happy days.Thumbs Up

We were told we are back in the black already, even though now means next year in Promise of Australian.

-------------

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:59pm
ScoMo is a dressmaker.
Shorten is an incompetent twit.

Would rather dressmaker over incompetent

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:34pm
This is a very impressive Government we now have.

I will be surprised if it doesn't succeed , as a team in harmony.

There was some Shxt removed and others bailed out.

Very good to have the security of Borders , Financial sense and good recruits like Sharma joining the team.
An impressive senate will ensure good Government.

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:28pm

This is a very impressive Government we now have.

I will be surprised if it doesn't succeed , as a team in harmony.

There was some Shxt removed and others bailed out.

Very good to have the security of Borders , Financial sense and good recruits like Sharma joining the team.
An impressive senate will ensure good Government.

Being offered US Ambassador's job I heard maxie. Margie doesn't seem a Washington socialite type though.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:54pm
JIM MOLAN for Governor General....    Howzat ??   

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:34pm
Curious as to what they have planned to improve the joint

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:40pm

JIM MOLAN for Governor General....    Howzat ??   

Abbott to Washington(cant get him any further away) Molan to GG, Morrison can move to the left and be another centrist like Malcolm. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:47pm
Try putting a positive spin on the result PT. Not the time to be a Negative Nancy.

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:48pm
Liberals to appoint a retired, right wing military person as GG? Wow what a change.  Dead

As for Tony, in Liberal circles he's privately known as Whelan The Wrecker.  Wrecked the Labor Govt, wrecked the Coalition Govt, tried to wreck his sister's same sex relationship, same re Hawke's legacy.  

Not quite sure if he's right for Washington as he's cr@p golfer.

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:16pm
The parrot takes another scalp ;.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/alan-jones-fires-up-and-pats-himself-on-the-back-for-calling-election/news-story/550aeb03028ddbf8070d75d95fcc84eb" rel="nofollow - https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/alan-jones-fires-up-and-pats-himself-on-the-back-for-calling-election/news-story/550aeb03028ddbf8070d75d95fcc84eb

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:18pm

Try putting a positive spin on the result PT. Not the time to be a Negative Nancy.

When moving to the centre is a bad thing?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:19pm
Jones to be on Q&A tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:24pm
Jones bragging ;

"Whether they like it or not, in 34 years of broadcasting no one has ever won an election by boycotting my program"

-------------

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:26pm

Jones bragging ;

"Whether they like it or not, in 34 years of broadcasting no one has ever won an election by boycotting my program"

How many have tried?

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:30pm
Not sure - however he has had 2 big ones in the past 6 months. Foley & Shorten. Think there have been others as well

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Actually meant Daley - although Foley might have as well

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:45pm
The Foley defeat was no surprise it must be said.  Both parties had baggage, only one would win the war of words.

ScoMo and Gladys have more than a few things in common imo, not least being their ability to get a questionable "message" across with great success.

I hope both Governments succeed, if for the Australian/NSW people alone.  Only time will tell.

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:50pm
As far as GG is concerned the present NSW Governor and former head of the Defence Force General David Hurley has already been announced as the next GG.

He takes up the position on June 28

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Succession planning already in the tube?   Wink Shocked

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Jones bragging ;

How many have tried?

Or Play School.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:53pm
It was just banter.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Succession planning already in the tube?   Wink Shocked

That won’t work.
New guy gets a 5 year term, that will be up right in the middle of an ALP term in Government.

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:20pm
Alan Jones never wavered ...     NO ONE can win an election with a 45% renewables target.

He fought the fight ...   He got it more right than anyone on air and has every right to Brag ....        He is a TRUE star.

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:34pm
45% renewable target? I thought it was franking credits or Adani, or death taxes.  

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:16pm
Zali Steggall ran on one single issue...climate change and flipped a 13% incumbent former PM.

How does the parrot explain that?

-------------

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:20pm
It’s explained by the fact that Abbott is a grub. The policies had nothing to do with it.
People had finally had enough of the way he was conducting himself

Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:22pm
he is that too.

-------------

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:43pm
Can anybody supply photos of Liberal and or National candidates celebrating their wins with anything other than white people in the photo ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:02am
They were too busy in the kitchen preparing the hors d'oeuvres, or waiting in the car park to chauffeur them home.

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 12:09am

They were too busy in the kitchen preparing the hors d'oeuvres, or waiting in the car park to chauffeur them home.

As laughable as that may seem, to some, it is actually true.
So this is post of the week thus far.

Clap

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:05am

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:11am

It's the pollsters' fault - just ask all the Snowflakes who got the election result wrong - I got it right - and it's also Labor's fault.

Still getting over the last Labor government's spending spree.

Then 3 years of FAKE POLLS and everyone has been factoring in a Labor win and a recession.

Beware the "Economic Headwinds"!Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:13am

I'll have you know that PT has just been appointed Sportsbet's new head of their election betting division.Thumbs Up

15 all Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Curious as to what they have planned to improve the joint

Nothing.

They have been retained with a mandate to "not fcuk the place up the way that Bill was threatening to do"

Some tax cuts and a First Home Buyers Package that was already passed by Labor within 2 hours of the thought bubble being announced - that was it!Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The Foley defeat was no surprise it must be said.  Both parties had baggage, only one would win the war of words.

ScoMo and Gladys have more than a few things in common imo, not least being their ability to get a questionable "message" across with great success.

I hope both Governments succeed, if for the Australian/NSW people alone.  Only time will tell.

Well said SC.Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:23am

45% renewable target? I thought it was franking credits or Adani, or death taxes.  

It was Negative Gearing - I told you that last election.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:26am

Shocked ... or at the golf course, in the caddy shack. 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:32am
Big day at falafel HO, almost 15% rise!

Hope you bought shares in the HO Doc!

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:42am

Big day at falafel HO, almost 15% rise!

Hope you bought shares in the HO Doc!

no mate, never owned a single one ... there's no money in fast food, you can't trust them not to give you food poisoning! ... everyone knows that!Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:47am
Hewson's GST Cake ...
Shorten's Negative Gearing Falafel ... it has a ring to it ...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 4:00am
Australian Stockmarket added $33 billion overnight due to Morrison winning. The most in over 10 years.  15 years I think.
LOL.
Investors voted for him, thats for sure.

Date Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:42am

It was Negative Gearing - I told you that last election.Wink

Seems this little 3 seat runt has suddenly found a thousand fathers. The coming recession will cast back into orphan status pretty quickly though.LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net