Print Page | Close Window

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=63827
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 9:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193
Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Subject: Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:36am
Folau must get on the drink. That's the only explanation I can think of At first I thought he just wanted out of his contract and that's the sober explanation but now it turns out he doesn't so he's got to be a drunk. Straight to hell for you, Israel.

As an atheist, I could not care less if a Bible bashing moron thinks I'm going to his imaginary bad place. Ooh, scary. But as a fornicating drunk atheist I wonder, why is the homo part of his rant the only part that's considered to be a problem?

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Replies:
Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:51am
His contract was revised last year over his ''gays going to hell'' comments that threatened his contract then. Maybe it was only the gays bit specifically that this week  violated a specific part of that deal.

-------------

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 11:53am
We don’t get much Izzy over here. Well, not since he embarrassed himself in the AFL that is. Is he as dumb as he seems all by himself, or is he having his strings pulled by some fundie megachchurch on a recruitment drive?

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

We don’t get much Izzy over here. Well, not since he embarrassed himself in the AFL that is. Is he as dumb as he seems all by himself, or is he having his strings pulled by some fundie megachchurch on a recruitment drive?

Don't know anything about rugby or league whichever he plays.Heard something on radio yesterday but did not pay much attention. I thought someone said he will be offered a massive contract overseas and the statement was a tactic to get out of his Australian contract. I may be completely wrong or misheard but if it is true he is not so stupid lol

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 12:11pm

There is a video Judge, where he says that anyone who celebrates Christmas and easter are heathens, and that anyone who covets wealth and material goods are also going to visit the big guy down stairs.

Apparently he is a minister in really extreme sect of that Christianity group of followers.

The hypocrisy of someone going from football code to football code and seemingly just for the pay cheque and all the perks (travelling the world with the Wallabies), must not register on his moral and ethical compass.

Strange about that

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don't know anything about rugby or league whichever he plays.Heard something on radio yesterday but did not pay much attention. I thought someone said he will be offered a massive contract overseas and the statement was a tactic to get out of his Australian contract. I may be completely wrong or misheard but if it is true he is not so stupid lol

I think you could be on the money Whale ... either overseas or NRL would be my guess, PLUS the ARU will give him a nice "shut up and go away" settlement too.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:55pm
Thank goodness there is no one here stupid enough to be arguing the free speech line with this one because of course it has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with breaching the terms of a contract and the resulting penalty for doing so.

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:01pm
Exactly   ...     When is free speech a train to distribute MADNESS>

The Law states . If you can't substantiate your belief , it is a false idea.    Is grounds for involuntary Mental assessment.

So Religion , Climate Change believers, are Psychotic if some crack pot Psychiatrist , says so.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Exactly   ...     When is free speech a train to distribute MADNESS>

The Law states . If you can't substantiate your belief , it is a false idea.    Is grounds for involuntary Mental assessment.

So Religion , Climate Change believers, are Psychotic if some crack pot Psychiatrist , says so.

He is entitled to his opinion and entitled to broadcast it to the world UNLESS he has signed a contract agreeing not to. Rugby Australia has made the decision that they want their business to be inclusive of all people because they will be able to attract more dollars. Therefore they do not want their employees publicly expressing opinions that divide and discriminate. That’s why these types of clauses are in player and coach contracts. Standard employment code of conduct issue. Every job contract has them.

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:13pm
He will sign with French rugby for double what he is on now, smart boy 🤑

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Heavy10
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:46pm
I think he thought he would waltz back into the NRL, Cowboys had all thAt Val Holmes cash.. Nrl said noway and then he wanted back in rugby

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

I think he thought he would waltz back into the NRL, Cowboys had all thAt Val Holmes cash.. Nrl said noway and then he wanted back in rugby

I love it when people try to justify Religious/Cult Mania as being " Normal ".        . Push it too far and see how normal it is ..

Like the many in detention for preaching Radical Islam ...    Is Israel Filou any different.

Posted By: rusty nails
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:42pm
Radical Islamists are in jail because they want to kill you,if you don’t believe their crap.

Issie just tells us,if you don’t follow his beliefs, you won’t get in to heaven..

See the difference?

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:00am
No difference really, Rusty.  They are all nutters of the worst kind.   They preach hatred under the guise of religion of peace.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:07am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

No difference really, Rusty.  They are all nutters of the worst kind.   They preach hatred under the guise of religion of peace.

I've been told many times =   " This is Heaven " .   Too dark in Motels to explore the statement.    
   I'll be influenced by AA>....    Nutters for sure.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:57am
He is sticking by his ''views'' and is going to let God decide his fate.

Is that what they have to call Raelene...God?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Radical Islamists are in jail because they want to kill you,if you don’t believe their crap.

Issie just tells us,if you don’t follow his beliefs, you won’t get in to heaven..

See the difference?

The difference is that Folau lives in a secular democracy with a strict separation of church and state. If Folau lived in a society where there is no separation of church and state, i.e. Islamic society, he would not wait for God to pass Her judgement because the self-appointed custodians of God's laws never do when they have any political power.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
It seems Ablett Jr 'liked' the insta post from Folau before deleting on Sunday

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
Whats this = ???    GOD to pass HER judgement.

Spare us --- The biggest danger facing our Society .    Can you imagine that skinned Rabbit, Julia ,    Being our God .

In her mind , she is already that.

Vote LNP and save us .

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

It seems Ablett Jr 'liked' the insta post from Folau before deleting on Sunday

Always freaked me out when the god botherer's fundamentalist belief came out. Not that he pushed his barrow a lot but when it was mentionedDead

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:09pm
So if you want to play Rugby in Australia your not allowed to express your religious beliefs ? Rugby Australia should not bend over for the Corporate sponsorship if that sort of restriction is put on players. By the way, how is Folau being divisive ? He's prepared to play alongside the ones he derides - the drunks, the adulterers, the fornicators, the homosexuals. He is the one being sidelined & discriminated against by RA ( & that little Irish Qantas twat that no one can stand)

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

So if you want to play Rugby in Australia your not allowed to express your religious beliefs ? Rugby Australia should not bend over for the Corporate sponsorship if that sort of restriction is put on players. By the way, how is Folau being divisive ? He's prepared to play alongside the ones he derides - the drunks, the adulterers, the fornicators, the homosexuals. He is the one being sidelined & discriminated against by RA ( & that little Irish Qantas twat that no one can stand)

No, if you want your salary pumped up to $1million a year by corporate sponsors instead of the $40,000 a year if it depended solely on gate receipts and tv ratingsWink, you do what the sponsors want. It's a very simple commercial transaction.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:15pm

& it would seem the no one cares to hoots about him offending the millions of drunks, adulterers & fornicators - there fair game apparently

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:16pm
*they're

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

No, if you want your salary pumped up to $1million a year by corporate sponsors instead of the $40,000 a year if it depended solely on gate receipts and tv ratingsWink, you do what the sponsors want. It's a very simple commercial transaction.
True - so it is RA rolling over for the dollar. Why should someone wanting to play Rugby not be able to express their religious thoughts ? - just because RA don't rate "religous expression" highly its not Folaus fault

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:19pm
Nobody is prepared to stand up for the drunken atheist fornicator.Cry We are as friendless as a homosexual in Riyadh.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

*they're
Not much happening in the Trump thread PT. Get used to it

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:28pm
I haven't got a religious bone in my body - all cobblers to me ( refer Fun Facts Universe thread) . However, for those out there that are this type of contract RA has entered into with Qantas is plain wrong. It might be inconvenient for many, however the bible does not go easy on homosexuals (as i understand it). So for someone who has genuine belief it is not unreasonable for them to express that view as "well as" being able to play rugby. Simple. Would like Folau to take it further if they rip his contact up

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:30pm

True - so it is RA rolling over for the dollar. Why should someone wanting to play Rugby not be able to express their religious thoughts ? - just because RA don't rate "religous expression" highly its not Folaus fault

Of course it’s about the dollar. That’s how business operates.

This is a standard employment code of conduct issue. Has nothing to do with freedom of speech. There are behavioural requirements in every workplace and if you breach them you face consequences. In the case of Israel Falau he is going to lose his job as he has already been warned. This is stance Rugby Australia has taken. Some people like you may be turned off and that is fine but I’m willing to bet more people will be applauding them.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm

I haven't got a religious bone in my body - all cobblers to me ( refer Fun Facts Universe thread) . However, for those out there that are this type of contract RA has entered into with Qantas is plain wrong. It might be inconvenient for many, however the bible does not go easy on homosexuals (as i understand it). So for someone who has genuine belief it is not unreasonable for them to express that view as "well as" being able to play rugby. Simple. Would like Folau to take it further if they rip his contact up
Also reckon he would have little trouble getting a war chest to take on the fight. Plenty of backers i would have thought.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

This is a standard employment code of conduct issue. Has nothing to do with freedom of speech. There are behavioural requirements in every workplace and if you breach them you face consequences. In the case of Israel Falau he is going to lose his job as he has already been warned. This is stance Rugby Australia has taken. Some people like you may be turned off and that is fine but I’m willing to bet more people will be applauding them.
I dont agree with what he said. I'm not sure it is a standard employment code of conduct. It is stopping him from expressing religious views that can be easily sourced from the bible. Would it be reasonable for RA's contract to prohibit someone talking about Climate Change or Gender Fluidity .  

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:47pm

1 Corinthians 6:9–11

Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers — none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

This is one of the most damning, hurtful, and misused passages that Christians have often used to LGBTQ people to convince them of their sin. In essence, many Christians will shoot this Biblical bullet in the heart of others to condemn people straight to hell.

This needs to stop. If not yesterday, today.

This is one of those passages that, I would argue, has a direct corollary to http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/21/churches-contribute-to-gay-suicides-most-americans-believe/" rel="nofollow - the rise in gay Christian suicides in the past generation.

My friend Matthew Vines http://www.matthewvines.com/" rel="nofollow - shares :

I am far from the only gay Christian who has heard the claim that gay people will not inherit the kingdom of God. That message is plastered on protest signs at gay-pride parades. It’s shouted by roaming street preachers at busy intersections and on college campuses. The result is that, for many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, all that they’ve heard about the kingdom of God is that they won’t be in it.

The problem is, people have horrifically misunderstood two simple words in this ancient letter that St. Paul wrote to an early Christian community in the trade city of Corinth.

The words are: malakoi and arsenkoitai.

Matthew goes on to define malakoi as “effeminate.” It’s a Greek word that literally means “soft” and is used to describe http://bible.oremus.org/?ql=304022308" rel="nofollow - fine clothing elsewhere in the New Testament. In a moral context, this word is actually more about “lack of self-control, weakness, laziness, or cowardice.” My friend David, a pastor who got kicked out of his church for false accusations, told me over nachos recently that this word is actually about people who were “spineless.” Soft to the point that they wouldn’t stand up for injustice or what truly matters. Irony of ironies, huh?

There were sexual connotations for “malakoi” as well, but again, it always points backs to uncontrolled acts of lust or misused sexuality — no matter the gender or act. The word was not understood to reference same-sex behavior in the church until after the 20th century, when Bible translations adopted a new slant.

Arsenkoitai is more bizarre and hard to grasp. Many believe that St. Paul actually invented the word, as it is extremely rare in ancient Greek literature.

The word literally is a combination of two other words in Greek: arsen (male) and koites (bed). So, arsenkoitai could be translated literally as “male-bedders.” And this word was understood by Bible translators before the 20th century to mean male-male sexual intercourse.

But when the word is used elsewhere in ancient Greek literature, it references the abuse of the poor (as in the Sibylline Oracles) or “economic exploitation and power abuses (as in a 2nd century text called the Acts of John).” The Acts of John lists arsenkoitai amongst a list of sins separate from a catalog of other sexual sins. Many believe (as Vines so cogently breaks down) that arsenkoitai is about economic abuses and exploitation.

Which is why the ancient act of “pederasty” is often brought up in relation to passages like this— the practice of Greek elite elder men who would adopt young men to use as sexual objects. Again, having nothing to do with LGBTQ loved ones, friends, and colleagues who are looking to live as good neighbors.

https://medium.com/@adamnicholasphillips/the-bible-does-not-condemn-homosexuality-seriously-it-doesn-t-13ae949d6619

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 7:55pm
Yeah - thanks Tlazz. Now i get it. The Bible is really right behind the LBGTQ community.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:01pm
Is restricting religious expression normally in a workplace  acceptable behavior agreement ? Would not of thought so. I mean there might be some general statement saying you cant set out to upset / discriminate against people. But lets face it - what doesn't upset some folk these days.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:05pm
Folau was also quick to point out that he said it with "lots of love"Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:05pm

I dont agree with what he said. I'm not sure it is a standard employment code of conduct. It is stopping him from expressing religious views that can be easily sourced from the bible. Would it be reasonable for RA's contract to prohibit someone talking about Climate Change or Gender Fluidity .  

Of course it’s a code of conduct issue. You sign a contract and you need to abide by it. How do you think you’d go in a normal office if you put up a print out of what he posted on your desk so everyone could see it? The same would happen. You’d be warned and then if you did it again you’d likely be shown the door.

Climate change is not an issue that is going to result in people being discriminated against. Gender fluidity? Yeh you’re probably going to have an issue if you decide to broadcast negative opinions of transgender people around the office.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:07pm

Is restricting religious expression normally in a workplace  acceptable behavior agreement ? Would not of thought so. I mean there might be some general statement saying you cant set out to upset / discriminate against people. But lets face it - what doesn't upset some folk these days.

See my post above. Try putting up a poster up next to your desk at work with what he posted on it. Let us know how long you last.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:13pm

Of course it’s a code of conduct issue. You sign a contract and you need to abide by it. How do you think you’d go in a normal office if you put up a print out of what he posted on your desk so everyone could see it? The same would happen. You’d be warned and then if you did it again you’d likely be shown the door.

Climate change is not an issue that is going to result in people being discriminated against. Gender fluidity? Yeh you’re probably going to have an issue if you decide to broadcast negative opinions of transgender people around the office.
Your missing my point totally. Folau wants to play Rugby. Its RA that have come up with a contract that the players have to abide by. So in effect Folau has to curb his well founded biblical views in order to play. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:15pm

See my post above. Try putting up a poster up next to your desk at work with what he posted on it. Let us know how long you last.
You maybe correct re a workplace poster. Not sure it would be if it was a comment on social media.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:33pm
Few other points worth noting. Qantas have a commercial agreement with Emirates. I wonder how much the treatment of homosexuality comes up in that. Death by stoning for instance. Also it is estimated that almost half of our rugby players are of Polynesian background. Strong fundamental christian beliefs are common with them. So why commit to a standards contract that many of your players do not believe in ?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
& i have also got to say that I really struggle with that women/bloke running RA . Not PC i know - but i really don't care. How would those big boofy islanders ever take her/him seriously

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm

Your missing my point totally. Folau wants to play Rugby. Its RA that have come up with a contract that the players have to abide by. So in effect Folau has to curb his well founded biblical views in order to play. 

Not missing the point at all. They have come up with a contract that players have to abide by just life every other workplace does. The difference here is that being a public figure his obligations to abide by the code of conduct don’t end when he walks off the field. His public actions constitute the workplace as everything he says and does reflects directly on the employer. People see his comments as Israel Folau the rugby star not Israel Folau the random nobody on TBV.

Presumably you think it would be fine for a player to preach radical Islamic hate messages in the name of religion?

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 8:57pm
I have had to deal with the door knockers quite a bit in recent years.
Usually these intruders have young children in their company.

I tell them To stay away, as the child abuse they portray, upsets me , and my Allah hates competition.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:45pm

I tell them To stay away, as the child abuse they portray, upsets me , and my Allah hates competition.

You mean bible-bashers turn up at your with children?Shocked Seen a lot of bible-bashers at my front door but never any kids with them.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:56pm

You mean bible-bashers turn up at your with children?Shocked Seen a lot of bible-bashers at my front door but never any kids with them.

Regular occurance Tlaz...   Your area might have cheaper child care areas .
   Appears to be the go now days .... Start on them early and add climate change to the agenda. Pay School teachers to join the Club.   
The finished product is awesome and they finish up playing Rugby codes and spread the message..   
   Who made the World .===   " God made the world ".       OHHHH for the memories.   The Nuns had the "Habit" way back.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:57pm
Quite simple contractual code of conduct issue.

Last year he went on a homophobic rant. RA gave him another chance and redrew his contract strengthening the code of conduct parts. 

He blew it up last week. Screwed himself.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:28pm

Last year he went on a homophobic rant. RA gave him another chance and redrew his contract strengthening the code of conduct parts. 

The early days brain wash, has quite a price to pay in maturity.

We can use all the " beliefs " BS we like, but it doesn't change the fact

A Chronic Illness has been engineered and " GOD " himself won't change that.

There, deeply embedded, to surface throughout life.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:52pm

Not sure it will end up "Quite Simple" PT. Has lots of support from both the general community  & also within the playing / coaching groups. 
Also my understanding is the contract was not changed & strengthened as you suggest. He did get a formal warning

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:17am
Its one thing to break a code of conduct that is generally accepted by the community as being poor behavior. For example, the Todd Carney & Mitchell Pearce breaches were clearly that (even though Pearce was only handed a suspension - not a termination). To my mind it is quite another for someone expressing a religious belief that is based on reasonable grounds in the view of many (ie the Bible). You can also argue that RA penned a contract that was going to be at odds with the religious beliefs of many of the players in the game - & was a time bomb ready to go off considering the large number of fundamental Christians (Polynesians) involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:22am
You can show your religious beliefs without posting a radical rant on stalkbook. 
These blokes know the rules , and sign a piece of paper agreeing that they know and will abide by them.
He is gone and good riddance. 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:25am

You can show your religious beliefs without posting a radical rant on stalkbook. 
These blokes know the rules , and sign a piece of paper agreeing that they know and will abide by them.

Correct AA!

When you sign a contract you are bound by the terms. If you breach one of those terms there are penalties. That goes for both parties. No one is forced to sign a contract to play football for a million bucks a year. There is no one at Rugby Australia waiting with a loaded gun pointed at the back of a players head insisting they sign.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:27am

Radical ? Straight out of the bible pretty much. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:29am

You hear a lot of christians preaching this sort of stuff? Which church do you go to?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:32am

Correct AA!

When you sign a contract you are bound by the terms. If you breach one of those terms there are penalties. That goes for both parties. No one is forced to sign a contract to play football for a million bucks a year. There is no one at Rugby Australia waiting with a loaded gun pointed at the back of a players head insisting they sign.
Of course there is. He wants to play rugby - where else can he go & do it. People like him who have fundamental religious views should not be "forced" to sign a contract they don't agree with just to play the game he loves.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:34am

Its one thing to break a code of conduct that is generally accepted by the community as being poor behavior. For example, the Todd Carney & Mitchell Pearce breaches were clearly that (even though Pearce was only handed a suspension - not a termination). To my mind it is quite another for someone expressing a religious belief that is based on reasonable grounds in the view of many (ie the Bible). You can also argue that RA penned a contract that was going to be at odds with the religious beliefs of many of the players in the game - & was a time bomb ready to go off considering the large number of fundamental Christians (Polynesians) involved.

The only requirement was that IF not express views publicly that marginalise any groups in our society.
He was counseled and reprimanded previously, and agreed not to repeat such actions.
And then he did.

You should recall in the first episode,several key sponsors were considering cancelling their deals based on his actions.
Any business has the right to protect their commercial interests.
When it’s an employee that’s threatening their relationships, of course they have the right to protect their interests,under the terms of their employment contracts.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:35am

You hear a lot of christians preaching this sort of stuff? Which church do you go to?
In the current climate they cant say boo. There are a lot of "No" voters out there E&E - & most of them have a basic religious foundation behind it

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:36am

Correct AA!

Of course there is. He wants to play rugby - where else can he go & do it. People like him who have fundamental religious views should not be "forced" to sign a contract they don't agree with just to play the game he loves.

No, he is not forced at all. That is nonsense. There are plenty of things I would like to do but for various reasons can’t. So what? If his religious beliefs are the number 1 priority in his life and he’s not willing to compromise them that’s cool but it comes at the expense of not being able to play in this instance. Life is full of choices. He appears to have made his.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:37am

The only requirement was that IF not express views publicly that marginalise any groups in our society.
He was counseled and reprimanded previously, and agreed not to repeat such actions.
And then he did.

You should recall in the first episode,several key sponsors were considering cancelling their deals based on his actions.
Any business has the right to protect their commercial interests.
When it’s an employee that’s threatening their relationships, of course they have the right to protect their interests,under the terms of their employment contracts.
& ironically he is being marginalised 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:39am

In the current climate they cant say boo. There are a lot of "No" voters out there E&E - & most of them have a basic religious foundation behind it

That is the excuse trotted out time and time again. They can’t say boo? Please! Reality is his views are at the extreme end of the scale.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:45am

Correct AA!

No, he is not forced at all. That is nonsense. There are plenty of things I would like to do but for various reasons can’t. So what? If his religious beliefs are the number 1 priority in his life and he’s not willing to compromise them that’s cool but it comes at the expense of not being able to play in this instance. Life is full of choices. He appears to have made his.
& he is on record as saying he puts his religious belief before Rugby. Just dont think he should be made to make that choice. See i don't think you can equate your "other things" response with a religious belief. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:52am

That is the excuse trotted out time and time again. They can’t say boo? Please! Reality is his views are at the extreme end of the scale.
Fair enough - & those that are "genuinely" offended by them would be just as few at the other end. He probably get offended every time he sees 2 blokes walking hand in hand. So both ends are getting offended. i'm pretty well all those things he went off about (i said nearly) - so what - just laugh it off.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:56am
Anyhow - as usual this sort of crap will only give his views more publicity & give him more star power. Called shooting yourself in the foot RA. Tell the little Qantas Irish twat to focus on his Emirates commercial arrangement. Yeah - right !

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:57am

Correct AA!

& he is on record as saying he puts his religious belief before Rugby. Just dont think he should be made to make that choice. See i don't think you can equate your "other things" response with a religious belief. 

It’s really not that difficult.
No one asked him to do anything his religion does not support.
The only restriction was that he was not to publicise his homophobic beliefs.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:00am

Correct AA!

This might come as a surprise to you Rusty. Those with genuine belief are not normally dictated to as to when they can praise the lord & when they cant.  

-------------

Posted By: Softy
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:01am
Is he eligible to represent Tonga, a country that is possibly more tolerant of his outdated theories?
Or did his parents move here for a better life, to embrace Oztralian Culcha.
Gee this story sounds familiar.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:07am
& seriously - how many people "really" took his comments to heart ? Just dust him off as a religious nut job. Ridiculous reaction by all & sundry

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Is he eligible to represent Tonga, a country that is possibly more tolerant of his outdated theories?
Hey Softly - we want to win the bloody World Cup - not Tonga. You do realise he is our best player don't you ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:14am

Correct AA!

This might come as a surprise to you Rusty. Those with genuine belief are not normally dictated to as to when they can praise the lord & when they cant.  

You’ve missed the point entirely.
He can praise the Lord whenever he likes.
He just can’t do it publicly,in a fashion that marginalises a group, and keep his million dollar income.
Being a Christian doesn’t allow you to destroy the relationships and income of your employer at your will,with no repercussions.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:15am

Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Hey Softly - we want to win the bloody World Cup - not Tonga. You do realise he is our best player don't you ?

Rugby has rules that there’s a two year window between representing different nations.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:17am

Correct AA!

He just can’t do it publicly,in a fashion that marginalises a group, and keep his million dollar income.
Being a Christian doesn’t allow you to destroy the relationships and income of your employer at your will,with no repercussions.
Well we will see about that. He will have no shortage of support to see if you can bottle up religous expression.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 1:59am

No , its not.   Its not a bible quote or anywhere near a bible quote. Its his own hateful words.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 2:17am

Correct AA!

Well we will see about that. He will have no shortage of support to see if you can bottle up religous expression.

The ONLY issue is has RA followed the correct process.
If they have he’s gone,if they haven’t,then the question is how much is the payout.
End of....

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:00am
Someone predicted this ... if only the bed wetters had just been a little less offended ...Ermm

Billy Vunipola on bench for Saracens after support for Folau's anti-LGBT Instagram post

Billy Vunipola is on the bench for Saracens after he refused to unlike an Instagram post published by Israel Folau which made homophobic remarks.

England international Vunipola, the son of a Methodist Minister, said people should follow God's teachings more closely.

Saracens are due to kick off against Bristol Bears at Ashton Gate stadium at 5.30pm on Saturday.

It comes after Vunipola was been dropped by Channel 4 from their Heineken European Cup coverage on Friday.

The 26-year-old was one of a number of stars promoting coverage of the competition.

A Channel Four spokesman said: "These views are incompatible with our values as an inclusive broadcaster and in light of this Billy Vunipola won't be used as a contributor in Channel 4's rugby coverage."

On Wednesday, Australia's Folau said "hell awaits" homosexuals in comments which have resulted in Rugby Australia stating they intend to terminate his contract, effectively ruling him out of this autumn's World Cup.

In an apparent show of support to his fellow Christian, Vunipola states that "Man was made for woman to pro create that was the goal no?"Clap

However, England's first choice number eight adds that "I don't HATE anyone".

Vunipola will meet with the Rugby Football Union to discuss his response to the anti-gay position outlined in his post.

“Rugby is an inclusive sport, and we do not support these views. We will be meeting with Billy to discuss his social media posts,” the RFU said in statement.

The back-rower's club, Saracens, say the will deal with Vunipola internally.

“Saracens proudly embraces diversity and warmly welcomes everyone to the club regardless of race, gender, religion and sexual orientation," a club statement read.

“Our sport is open to all and we strive for it to be free from all forms of discrimination. We recognise that people have different belief systems and we expect everyone to be treated equally with respect and humility.

“As representatives and role models Saracens players have a responsibility not only to themselves but to the club and wider society. Billy Vunipola’s recent social media posts are inconsistent with this and we take this matter very seriously. It will be handled internally.”

Vunipola posted on Friday that he would not back down and unlike the Folau's image.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-13/billy-vunipola-on-bench-for-saracens-after-support-for-folaus-anti-lgbt-instagram-post/" rel="nofollow - https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-13/billy-vunipola-on-bench-for-saracens-after-support-for-folaus-anti-lgbt-instagram-post/

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:29am
Why is Rugby Union discriminating against Folau's beliefs???
They are his religious beliefs.
If he is sacked for his religious beliefs and exercising his freedom of speech of those religious, he should strongly sue Rugby Union.

Whilst I dont believe in his beliefs, his beliefs have been discriminated.

Folau's beliefs, are a form of discrimination, but Rugby Union have discriminated him in reply.
So 2 wrongs make a right???

Posted By: Softy
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:31am
Very strange for you to be on here supporting Gods children and their ahh, erm, middle age views Doc.
Had a recent change of heart about people and their relationship with God?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:46am

No , its not.   Its not a bible quote or anywhere near a bible quote. Its his own hateful words.
To make it less hurtful for you AA i will get him to substitute "sodomite" for "homosexual" & "not in the kingdom of god" for "hell"

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:49am
Its also worth noting he is not saying he is going to do anything to anyone. It will be god doing it. There is a difference you know.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:18am
I'm predicting the biggest loser out of this will be Raelene Castle. In a no win situation. Now they are going down this Code of Conduct path they are shot ducks. Numerous high profile players who "actually" committed bad behavior all ended up remaining in the game ( Beale, Hunt, Slipper, Cooper for starters) - to kick Folau out for a rant would seem excessive in comparison. The little Irish twat from Qantas is her only hope. He has taken a pragmatic approach in his dealings with Emirates - so it should not be too hard to repeat with RA. Castle also made a big mistake suggesting publicly he would most likely be terminated before sitting down with him. Also no change to the contract last year was done on "purpose" apparently.So i agree with Rusty - this lack of process is also now an issue  

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:18am
I was wondering what this thread would look like had it been a Muslim footballer rather than a Christian fundamentalist saying it.

Would it be a freedom of speech, or freedom of religion issue, or an anti gay Muslim issue, both, or would it be too confusing and just an empty thread?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

If he is sacked for his religious beliefs and exercising his freedom of speech of those religious, he should strongly sue Rugby Union.

Folau's beliefs, are a form of discrimination, but Rugby Union have discriminated him in reply.

Why do these religious f'wits think it is their duty to spread the word. His contract said he was not to make such offensive statements but the religious fanatic just can't shut his gob, has to instruct everyone in the path of  "righteousness " Ouch

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:27am

I was wondering what this thread would look like had it been a Muslim footballer rather than a Christian fundamentalist saying it.

Would it be a freedom of speech, or freedom of religion issue, or an anti gay Muslim issue, both, or would it be too confusing and just an empty thread?
Well you would have done more homework & got your facts correct for starters PT

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:28am

Why do these religious f'wits think it is their duty to spread the word. His contract said he was not to make such offensive statements but the religious fanatic just can't shut his gob, has to instruct everyone in the path of  "righteousness " Ouch
Off topic Whale. Start a new thread asking that question

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
Just what did his original (& current ) contract actually say ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:33am

not off topic at all, related to this thread. Don't roam this forum telling people where to post clown

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:34am

A lot of comments from someone who hasn't done their homework. Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:34am
Hope it was a bit more specific than a general term like “being inclusive”

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:37am

Ok I’ll bite PT. Are you still claiming Folaus original contract was “redrawn” after the blow up last year ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:40am

& maybe that’s fair comment PT. Mind you if doing “your homework” results in your embarrassing outcomes in the Trump thread then I’m all good thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:40am
Correction, not telling people what to do, just having pathetic little digs at me.

Nice to see you are continuing in the same vein since you returned from your hissy fit absence after Gay rebuked you Sleepy

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:42am

not off topic at all, related to this thread. Don't roam this forum telling people where to post clown
Apologies Whale - fair comment.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:45am

& Climate Alarmists , Vegan Activists , Metoo ect don’t do similar ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:01pm

Update: Defiant Folau shown the door

by Christy Doran
15th Apr 2019 5:02 PM

Rugby Australia has officially issued Israel Folau a breach notice and the Wallabies star faces termination of his contract over his social media activity on April 10.

Folau has 48 hours to respond to accept the sanction or have the matter referred to a Code of Conduct hearing.

"At its core, this is an issue of the responsibilities an employee owes to their employer and the commitments they make to their employer to abide by their employer's policies and procedures and adhere to their employer's values," Rugby Australia said in a statement.

"Following the events of last year, Israel was warned formally and repeatedly about the expectations of him as player for the Wallabies and NSW Waratahs with regards to social media use and he has failed to meet those obligations. It was made clear to him that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"All professional Rugby players in Australia are bound by the Code of Conduct and there is a process in place for any disciplinary matter. We appreciate that this particular matter will attract significant interest, but due process must be followed."

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/rugby-australia-issues-wallabies-star-israel-folau/3699325/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/rugby-australia-issues-wallabies-star-israel-folau/3699325/

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:07pm

Update: Defiant Folau shown the door

by Christy Doran
15th Apr 2019 5:02 PM

Rugby Australia has officially issued Israel Folau a breach notice and the Wallabies star faces termination of his contract over his social media activity on April 10.

Folau has 48 hours to respond to accept the sanction or have the matter referred to a Code of Conduct hearing.

"At its core, this is an issue of the responsibilities an employee owes to their employer and the commitments they make to their employer to abide by their employer's policies and procedures and adhere to their employer's values," Rugby Australia said in a statement.

"Following the events of last year, Israel was warned formally and repeatedly about the expectations of him as player for the Wallabies and NSW Waratahs with regards to social media use and he has failed to meet those obligations. It was made clear to him that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"All professional Rugby players in Australia are bound by the Code of Conduct and there is a process in place for any disciplinary matter. We appreciate that this particular matter will attract significant interest, but due process must be followed."

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/rugby-australia-issues-wallabies-star-israel-folau/3699325/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/rugby-australia-issues-wallabies-star-israel-folau/3699325/

What does the code of conduct and his contract say?

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:09pm
That you will have to ask his lawyer or agent.

If it goes to court a judge will see it and sort it out.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:14pm

That you will have to ask his lawyer or agent.

If it goes to court a judge will see it and sort it out.

You would hope that the clauses in his contract are watertight but considering the flaming wreck Castle left Canterbury in I wouldn't bet on it.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
Exactly PT. The contract he signed 4 years ago remains as is - it was not "redrawn" as you posted earlier. He had a number of formal/informal meetings with Castle last year - however RA took a calculated decision at the time not to upgrade their concerns into his contract. They were apparently worried  that such a move could make it worse with the likelihood it could have drawn other like-minded players into the issue. That decision in a court of law could be an issue for RA

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:29pm
He’s in the first year of a new 4 year contract.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:31pm
Ironically Kurtley Beale is being touted to stand in for Folau. This is a fellow with a list of discipline indiscretions as long as your arm. So much for a the Code Of Conduct - sending crude text messages to a RA staffer, getting drunk on numerous occasions when it was off limits & taking women into his room pre-game with Ashley Cooper. He is just one of many who failed the Code Of Conduct on numerous occasions only to continue playing the game at the highest level. Folau quotes some religous text from the bible on his private instagram & they want to hang the bloke .

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm

Well it may be new Rusty - however I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same as the one he signed 4 years ago. Happy to be proven wrong

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:52pm

Well it may be new Rusty - however I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same as the one he signed 4 years ago. Happy to be proven wrong

If true, that’s a damning indictment on Castle.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net