Print Page | Close Window

AFL 2019/20/21

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=63498
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AFL 2019/20/21
Posted By: Mayor
Subject: AFL 2019/20/21
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:21am
Kicking off a new thread for AFL 2019.

Feel free to post your thoughts on anything AFL-related for this season. GO!

-------------
Mayor

Replies:
Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:27am
Carlton to not win a game.

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
Declare your allegiances now. As many of you know, I am a devoted Western Bulldogs fan. Born and bred only a mile from the Western Oval, father a past player. 2016 was the best year of my life.

Who's next?

-------------
Mayor

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:31am
As a Hawks fan I was quietly optimistic...right up until our best player broke his leg in pre season . Couple of months after a Brownlow- nothing takes you from the penthouse to the sh1thouse quite like sports.

Tiges-Dees GF.

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:41pm
Essendon to win flag
Brisbane to make the top 8 as the big improver this year.

Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, Melbourne, will all feature strongly again.

Essendon v West Coast grand final.
Essendon to win.

Essendon will make the top 4 on the ladder, for the next 5 years in a row.

Brisbane is the smokey team this year. They will win plenty, to finish around 7th or 8th.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:25pm
The competition proper is getting kind of irrelevant to finding the premiers lately. The last 3 winners haven't been the best team through the season but the ones who caught fire in the semis.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 12:44pm
What utter rubbish is AFLX

Every fans major concern is no injuries during this Mickey Mouse affair

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:10pm
Too tough to tip the winner of the flag this year

Richmond - Best team by far but will they choke again.

Collingwood - Over achieved last year, did a great job getting to the GF and should have won it, but oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Essendon - Team on the rise, recruited well and should be a top 4-6 team, minus the supplements.

West Coast. - Great season but doubt they can back it up going by the past few years winners.

Sydney - Will be there abouts as usual but won't threaten for the flag.

GWS - Have great talent and development but a total waste of time in the AFL, soulless club.

Adelaide - Will go better this year but will be battling it out for a spot in the 8 at best.

Port - Too much jet skiing time, will be battling for a 8 spot at best.

Demons - Will be a top 4 challenger and could give it a shake in September.

Hawks - Talented across the park but doubt they can match the top teams at best.

Geelong - Rely heavily on two to three players, need others to step up.

Carlton - Keep sipping the lattes in Lygon street, talented kids coming through but how long will it take to develop.

Saints - Only spark they have is Billy Slater and he doesn't even play the game.

Freo - Already thinking about what excuses Ross Lyon will use this year.

Bulldogs - Talented kids coming through, future looks promising but they need the Bont firing.

Lions - I like what the coach is doing with these youngsters, building nicely for 2/3 years time.

Suns - Total waste of space in the league.

North Melb - 10th to 15th finish, anything better is a bonus

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:13pm
Don't think Richmond choked, just believed the hype too much and forgot about the effort needed

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 7:51pm
With my one brown eye and one yellow, I am crossing my fingers toes and legs that the Hawks can go well, but not confident.

The Demons are my early tip. They did well last year and the experience they gained will serve them well. My only concern is that they sit back wait for it to happen, but if they put the effort in they can win the flag.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:08pm
GWS and Gold Coast need to merge, and go to Tassie, to create the first Tassie side.
And the Tassie Government needs to build a high tech indoor boutique state of the art stadium, for just 25,000 people.
Pack them in, but make it the best indoor boutique stadium in australia.

Its not a bloody national comp without a tassie team

then darwin needs a team, and they get to play in alice and darwin.

but GWS and Gold Coast to merge first and go to Tassie.

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 8:47pm
The AFL won't abandon GWS for Tassie, to many people in Western Sydney for them to give it up for sn already AFL supporting stronghold.

Posted By: Heavy10
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Lions the big improvera...could even push for 7th-8th if they can make the Gabba a fortress

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

GWS and Gold Coast need to merge, and go to Tassie, to create the first Tassie side.
And the Tassie Government needs to build a high tech indoor boutique state of the art stadium, for just 25,000 people.
Pack them in, but make it the best indoor boutique stadium in australia.

Its not a bloody national comp without a tassie team

then darwin needs a team, and they get to play in alice and darwin.

but GWS and Gold Coast to merge first and go to Tassie.

Good luck, there aren't enough people to pack out a 25,000 seat stadium down in Tassie, heck they can't even pack out a 20,000 Hobart Hurricanes stadium when everyone had been talking them up for 4 days.

Flick Gold Coast altogether, they offer nothing and dilute the comp

-------------
EAD

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:06pm
I have a draft tonight. Can anyone advise me of any youngsters who look like making the grade. I usually do my homework but have been too busy.

just don't tell Toll Road. 

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:19pm
How much is Lincoln McCarthy from the Lions? Not that young but he was excellent in first hit out in JLT series..was at Geelong for 7 years and never really got a crack at it

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Lions the big improvera...could even push for 7th-8th if they can make the Gabba a fortress

Yes. Massive improvers this year.
The real deal.
Not a hype pick either. They really are the ones to watch this year.

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:44pm
Similar promo to the NRL one available here too. Lead by 12+ at the end of any quarter and you win. Haven’t done the stats on this one but suspect it will be just as juicy.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Similar promo to the NRL one available here too. Lead by 12+ at the end of any quarter and you win. Haven’t done the stats on this one but suspect it will be just as juicy.

There are now multiple promos floating around the corporate world which suggest it is going to be a VERY profitable season.

BetEasy double winnings promo the easiest to arb and very juicy. Combine with the previously mentioned SportsBet promo as well as B365 up by 30+ at any time you win.

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 2:12pm
So this Jesse Hogan twat has been Stood-down as he flouted a club booze ban by drinking with school mates to celebrate his imminent club debut.
AND, somehow the AFL does another one of their smother jobs and calls it a mental health issue

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 7:20pm
Just watching the Richmond-Carlton pre-game.

Spent a little bit of time with Brian Taylor a decade or so ago, and thought what a big bugger he was.

Times change, because up against Matthew Richardson and Nic Naitanui he suddenly looks like a ruck-rover at very best.  Shocked

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 2:39am
Geelong looks like they will be genuine contenders - a lot better with the injection of pace and the elite class and poise of Gary Rohan ...3,2,1

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
The ball is like soap.
They need to add the tiny bumps to the ball, like in gridiron and rugby even have it a bit.
Its unwatchable at the moment.
I watched last nights game with friends, they are rugby fans, and they said the ball is like soap and made for very bad viewing. I agree with them. They were dropping handballs directly put onto their chest.

Posted By: Toll Road
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
The problem with the balls Redemption is that they are all brand new. The balls aren't getting kicked in which is making them slippery and a little harder to handle. they might have gotten a new ball each half or quarter. The ball gets easy to handle the more it is used. 

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 9:56pm

Only one half into their season... But these kids can play

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 11:04pm
The Gabbatoir is back... Go Lions

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:05am
Yeah top win by the Lions!

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:17am
Early days but it could be another season to throw out the formbook fro last year. Doubt there’s ever been an era with so much year to year change. AFL must be loving it.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:21am

Yes. Massive improvers this year.
The real deal.
Not a hype pick either. They really are the ones to watch this year.

Happy to stick with this all year.
Its early, but they play with enormous energy and passion.
They are effective in and around packs, and now have the footy smarts too, they dont panic, they set up and wait, clear to areas behind, transition, and if they muck up, no problems, they have about 6 players descending to make tackles.
Highly impressive.

Let me put it this way, you have to be on your A game to beat Brisbane this year.
If not, they will slaughter you.

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:33am
You going to do your overs/under thread again this year Redemption ?

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:16pm
Gee there’s been some round one flops from teams with lofty ambitions- Crows, Dees, Eagles- but the Bombers look dreadful.

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:23pm
I seen a star :  the Sydney Swans Nick Blakey.

Was that his debut ?  I think it was.  

Great skills, poise, pedigree.  

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:34pm
Taranto’s good, will be a star. Caniglio already is. They didn’t half stockpile some talent, the Giants. Didn’t seem too fussed losing Shiels. Gave Scully away. Just need to stay healthy now.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Bombers need the magic juice back in them again, that was woeful for a team with high expectations

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
I do think you can read a lot into early body language.
You can see it when the teams first come out onto the ground, round one.
What teams look ready and focused.

Essendon dawdled out onto the crowd and played as such.

GWS looked super focused and ready.

I would forgive the Eagles at this stage.

Geelong looked very focused and ready.

Swans were terrible. They arent even half the 2012 side they were. 
Happy to write them off. Maybe limp to 9th, 8th.

Lions will make the finals. Will win enough home games and grab a few wins in Melbourne, etc.

Crows are gone. 2017 Grand Final hurt them. Havent been the same since.

GWS look super impressive.
It was only 18 months ago they played good against Tigers in the Prelim at MCG.
Last year, average.
Ready again now.

Psychology is huge in AFL, as its an extremely testing and taxing sport physically.
If you aint ready in the heart and head, you cant get near top 4.

Based on that alone, Geelong and GWS are the standouts so far.
Geelong will win about 9 home games, so thats 36 points, then add another maybe 6 away wins, so add 24 points, should finish around 60 points.

Port will finish far higher than Crows.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:28am
Oh and a mention to Hawthorn.
Write them off at your own peril.
Such a professional club, so well coached.
Amazing history, they always seem to be in it.
Can indeed make finals.
If they dont have the talent, they find a way through clever strategy and heart.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Redemption, what's your opinion of the dogs? I truly believe they will win the premiership. You too? 

Mayor

-------------
Mayor

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:24am

There are now multiple promos floating around the corporate world which suggest it is going to be a VERY profitable season.

BetEasy double winnings promo the easiest to arb and very juicy. Combine with the previously mentioned SportsBet promo as well as B365 up by 30+ at any time you win.

As predicted an absolute goldmine. Arbed all games for a total profit of $185 per account. Had a couple of games go close to hitting the Sportsbet promo too. Can see that hitting many times during the season too.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:28am

Essendon to win flag
Brisbane to make the top 8 as the big improver this year.

Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, Melbourne, will all feature strongly again.

Essendon v West Coast grand final.
Essendon to win.

Essendon will make the top 4 on the ladder, for the next 5 years in a row.

Brisbane is the smokey team this year. They will win plenty, to finish around 7th or 8th.

Get on the Bombers now at the good odds.LOL

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Redemption, what's your opinion of the dogs? I truly believe they will win the premiership. You too? 

Mayor

Hi Mayor, Big smile

They do appear to have brought back the 2016 slick handballs, in and around packs.
Teams will have to play damn good to beat them this year.

They made Swans look ordinary for most of the game.

Do they have the backline and forward power?
It may not matter, because 2016 proved that great handballing can win the flag.
They do seem very switched on early, which is a great sign.

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:37am
Bombers looked unfit, lethargic.
Played with zero spirit.

Will they come good, or do they have culture issues?

I think they will come good, but geez, they have set an early task looking so pathetic.
Cant seem them turning it around within 3 weeks.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
Thanks Redemption, I'm very excited as to what the future holds. Footscray is life. Big smile

It's hard to gauge isn't it. I just can't get a handle on how good Sydney are this year. They still have most of their big guns and the young kids look good. So maybe there is some merit in our win. If not for fatigue in the last quarter, we probably could have won by more.

Hawks are a massive challenge this week. I can understand if most people pick them to win.

-------------
Mayor

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm
Just on the off chance, if anyone would like to write articles on AFL for Villagebet.com.au please let me know. Your authorship will be fully acknowledged and help towards your burgeoning journalist career.

I would prefer a preview type of article in the middle of the week for the upcoming weekend's fixtures.

Let me know if interested. Email:  admin@villagebet.com.au

Thank you, Mayor

-------------
Mayor

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:09pm
Dont really bother with AFL too much. However, if its anything like NRL the first 3 or 4 rounds mean absolutely squat all to how things pan out across a season. To start writing off a teams chances after one game is , in Rustys words,"plain stupid". The most relevant post from those above would be Tlazz saying take the overs on Essendon  Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Dont really bother with AFL too much. However, if its anything like NRL the first 3 or 4 rounds mean absolutely squat all to how things pan out across a season. To start writing off a teams chances after one game is , in Rustys words,"plain stupid". The most relevant post from those above would be Tlazz saying take the overs on Essendon  Thumbs Up

Although I read somewhere this week that teams starting 0-2 in AFL never win the premiership. Doesn't sound right but I think that's what I read. Or was it NRL? Information overload- memory fail.Wacko

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Although I read somewhere this week that teams starting 0-2 in AFL never win the premiership. Doesn't sound right but I think that's what I read. Or was it NRL? Information overload- memory fail.Wacko

Four of the 122 VFL/AFL premiers have started their premiership season 0-2; North Melbourne in both 1999 and 1975, the Western Bulldogs in 1954 and Carlton in 1945.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:32pm
Just looking at last year. Grand Finalists Collingwood got toweled up in their first 2 games - 101 to 67 vs Hawks & 95 to 79 GWS. Premiers West Coast got flogged by Sydney 115 to 86. Sure both would have had similar knockers then - that's all I'm saying.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
When you're a Lions supporter you take whatever you can get. A win over the reigning premiers will do nicely.

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

When you're a Lions supporter you take whatever you can get. A win over the reigning premiers will do nicely.

Amen... Big chance to win this week too

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
The big improvers the Lions. As mentioned above, they will win enough home games and should be able to get wins against Gold Coast, St,Klida and maybe Carlton away to give the at least 48 points which will have them somewhere near the eight and they just needs to snag a couple of wins against some underachievers maybe Swans away.

West Coast I think were just ambushed. They will bounce back.

I think people forget that last year GWS had some long term injuries early in the season and just had to much ground to make up, and they were good in the back end of the season. No doubt they are a top eight team this year.

Carlton did their old trick from last year. They were blown away early and then played three quarters of the game matching it with Richmond. They seem to me to be a team who either do not listen to the coach and the game plan, or are incapable of staying true to the game plan, at least for the whole match, but when they do the right thing they are capable of matching the better teams.

Hawthorn surprised me but as a Hawks fan I will take their form at face value.

Essendon and North Melbourne need to find form quickly, because those two teams have shown over the last few seasons, that they can not overcome slow starts to the season, so they need to get back to their best quickly.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm

As predicted an absolute goldmine. Arbed all games for a total profit of $185 per account. Had a couple of games go close to hitting the Sportsbet promo too. Can see that hitting many times during the season too.

Double winnings only on 3 games this week and only for $25 max bet. Still worth at least $30 per account if you’re arbing. They probably realise the hammering they took especially with 6 or 9 underdogs getting up.

Will play these explosively with the SportsBet lead by 12+ promos unless there is a big price discrepancy.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
Ahhh “exclusively”.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Amen... Big chance to win this week too

Could go either way this one. North will come out swinging that's for sure. Still as you say we're a massive chance for 2-0.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
Hmm.. maybe the North boys are discovering what a grumpy old man Brad is and not putting in any effort. Hard to imagine a dejected team beating an upbeat team full of confidence.

-------------
Mayor

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Go the Crows

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 8:35am
Lions are bet of the round.
Cant believe they are paying $2

They are full of spirit at the moment, and they arent exactly hacks either.
They swarm to tackle, have a bunch of players that can kick sausages.

North coming back from a long miserable trip in Perth.

Lions to win, and easily.

On another note, its interesting the bookies odds for the cats v demons game
Cats beat Pies. Demons lost to Port at MCG, yet bookies have Demons quite tight in the market, at around $2.30 etc.

Going by that, I would say the bookies actually have Demons as favourites to win this one, if you know what I mean.
They are certainly rating it a very close contest.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 9:16am
I think there are some generous prices around. Not sure if you know Redemption but I was told Lions were $2.80 early??

GWS look overs for mine

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
I agree GWS. They are overs.
They have talent all over the ballpark, and are very switched on already.
Sitting on top of ladder, they board the plane with chins up, ready for a big game.

They are the other great bet this round.

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Something to crow about -  53,034 at the Adelaide Oval for the women's AFL grand final.  That's huge.  

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Come on you Lions!!

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 6:03pm
Lions will be glad they got over the line, they had a billion inside 50 entries and wasted so many chances. They will improve that during the week.
Their pressure and handball clearances are outstanding. There is no doubt they can make the 8 this year.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 8:25pm
Big day for AFL in QLD with the Sun's having a rare win

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 11:46am
Bring on round 3

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 10:28pm
How about those puppies? 

The 6-6-6 rule has really changed the game, hasn't it. No longer can you shove numbers back to snuff out a run on. I suspect there will be more of these massive comebacks.

-------------
Mayor

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:56am
Righto, I’ll nail my navy blue colours to the mast. The greatest improvement from the Blues this season will be driven by the 6-6-6 and runner rules.

No more spares behind the ball from the opening bounce & less interference from the twats in the coaches box.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:44pm
Can someone please think of a bloody new term for 666.
It sounds ridiculous

For starters, its really 12 12 12
So call it the Dozens?
Or the Sixers?

Or the Zone?

Its laughable how bad it sounds.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:56pm
Call it the mark of the beast

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm
Tell you what, I just had a look at the Brisbane Lions fixture.
Its very possible they could go all the way to round 15, without a loss.
I put them down as a loss to GWS in Sydney, round 16

But seriously, have a look at their fixture.
Its not at all a far fetched possibility.

They are going to make the finals, maybe even top 4.
Going by their fixture, they may even make top 2.

Go thru their fixture.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:20am
They’ll get beat by Port this week.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 2:23am
And then Collingwood in R5... then Doggies in R8 down in Ballarat.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

As a Hawks fan I was quietly optimistic...right up until our best player broke his leg in pre season . Couple of months after a Brownlow- nothing takes you from the penthouse to the sh1thouse quite like sports.

Tiges-Dees GF.

This is currently looking like the worst forecast in sports history.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 10:45pm
If they reckon that was a crowd of 12,697 at the Sydney Olympic Baseball Stadium today, I'll join the Collingwood Cheer Squad.Embarrassed

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:13pm
Carn you Lions!!Big smile

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:32pm
Port were damn good tonight, and Lions scrappy, but got job done.
Lions all heart at the moment. Only going to get better.
Talent all over the park.

Ive got it as a West Coast v Geelong grand final already, but every team will have to be on their A game to beat Brisbane this year

Lions are going to make the finals.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:36pm
Theyve come from behind in last quarter last two weeks, showing maturity. Lachie Neale is a jet, not overshadowed by Fyfe anymore

Posted By: saintly96
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 11:48pm
Neale would be on 8 or 9 Brownlow votes right now.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 7:04am
Honestly thought Collingwood would have got the Eagles but shows how good the premiers are.

Lions are flying, they are well ahead of schedule, thought the kids might take another 2 years but they are going great guns.

Bulldogs should put the cleaners though the Suns

Hawks will beat North

Freo should beat the Saints

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 1:58pm

Carn you Lions!!Big smile

We are the pride!

Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 2:13pm
From the season so far any punter laying odds on about prepost favourites would be well down in their betting bank.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm
QLD Afl is on fire. Well done Sun's

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:03am
I actually didn't realise this non-racing forum existed.

I'm a Richmond supporter...I have supporters the Tigers through the tough years and watched them grow into a Premiership side...2017 was a great year.

My cousin also played for Richmond and finished his career off at Collingwood. My cousin is Andrew Krakouer.

I'd like to say hello to all Richmond and Collingwood supporters.

Cheers,
Jamal.

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 11:11am
Find all the WA players playing interstate Jamal

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

I'm serious...my cousin played AFL. If you don't believe me then add me on facebook and I'll talk to Andy and he can confirm it. Unlike some people on this forum....I don't talk crap. I talk facts.

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

I'm serious...my cousin played AFL. If you don't believe me then add me on facebook and I'll talk to Andy and he can confirm it. Unlike some people on this forum....I don't talk crap. I talk facts.

Not doubting you, was saying you should find all the WA AFL players like you do with the WA horses

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:55pm

I'm a Richmond supporter...I have supporters the Tigers through the tough years and watched them grow into a Premiership side...2017 was a great year.

My cousin also played for Richmond and finished his career off at Collingwood. My cousin is Andrew Krakouer.

Cheers,
Jamal.
I'm the opposite Jamal. I only found out yesterday that TBV had a racing section

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm

Not doubting you, was saying you should find all the WA AFL players like you do with the WA horses

If I were to do that then the criteria would be any WA-born players.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm

Cheers,
Jamal.
I'm the opposite Jamal. I only found out yesterday that TBV had a racing section

Yep this forum continues to surprise me

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:17pm
Yes Jamal. Dr E found his way down here a while ago & has never looked back. TBV royalty now

-------------

Posted By: crooked_gambler
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
David Hayes' son to debut for the Dogs this weekend

Hayes & Young get the call up

Midfielder Will Hayes and defender Lachie Young will both make their AFL debuts in Sunday’s clash against Carlton at Marvel Stadium. 

The duo was told of the news by senior coach Luke Beveridge in front of the playing group, following today’s training session.

Both are in their first year at the Western Bulldogs.

Hayes was selected by the club with pick 78 in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft, and will already be a known quantity to many Bulldogs supporters.

The 23-year-old starred in red, white and blue for Footscray in the VFL last season, winning the Bulldogs’ VFL best and fairest award and VFL Team of the Year selection. 

A hard-running midfielder, Hayes is a proven ball-winner, averaging 26 disposals per game in the VFL in 2018.

-------------
This space has been intentionally left blank

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 11:46am

Cheers,
Jamal.

LOL. Post of the Month.  Clap

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:18pm

Cheers,
Jamal.

cheers, Jamal...I'm a died in the wool Pies supporter since 1967...that just revealed how old I am...

come over and let's have some rational comments for a change.

by the way, some friends of mine run the Western Australian Magpie club...why don't you split your loyalties and join. It's good fun.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:22pm

Tell you what, I just had a look at the Brisbane Lions fixture.
Its very possible they could go all the way to round 15, without a loss.
I put them down as a loss to GWS in Sydney, round 16

But seriously, have a look at their fixture.
Its not at all a far fetched possibility.

They are going to make the finals, maybe even top 4.
Going by their fixture, they may even make top 2.

Go thru their fixture.

is this the worst post of the year?

next you'll tell us that Carlton will not finish wooden spooners...

lovely win by my boys last night...they play rugby really well...LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:27pm
[
[/QUOTE]

is this the worst post of the year?

next you'll tell us that Carlton will not finish wooden spooners...

lovely win by my boys last night...they play rugby really well...LOLLOLLOL

[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly, there are other contenders, mainly by her > What a ridiculous prediction, when was the last time a team went 15 rounds undefeated, and that team was certainly in a class above Brisbane.  T make such a statement based upon 1 or 2 games is clueless

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
St Kilda was the last team. Won the first 19 in a row in 2009.

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 12:44pm
Oi lay off the Blues.
We have to come good eventually

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Oi lay off the Blues.
We have to come good eventually

I seriously wish they would...I feel for them...on paper, the team doesn't look bad, it just doesn't translate to the paddock.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Cheers,
Jamal.

cheers, Jamal...I'm a died in the wool Pies supporter since 1967...that just revealed how old I am...

come over and let's have some rational comments for a change.

by the way, some friends of mine run the Western Australian Magpie club...why don't you split your loyalties and join. It's good fun.

I'm yet to go to the WA Richmond supporters group functions for the games...there bass is at the Odin pub. I need to go there for a game. I will also go to the WA Magpies function too for a Collingwood game.

I'm a Richmond member but not a Collingwood member.

-------------

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:20pm
The problem with the blues is between the ears

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Eddie Betts, lol. There’s a couple of blokes (maybe) in the history game who kick that goal and you don’t consider it a fluke. One step, wrong side ( in every sense), against the boundary line and it was never going to miss.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:28am
The Blues needed that!

When you have a largely young group of guys, and they are playing well but not winning, they can get dejected, but that win was good, they did not just fall in they crushed the Bulldogs.

In a very tight comp, they can improve on last years number of wins!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net