URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=63234
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Inter Dom 2018
Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Subject: Inter Dom 2018
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:57am
Wow, didn’t even. Know it was on last Saturday night
Perhaps a reflection on myself but I suspect it shows how far the sport has fallen.

Why is it so?

For what it’s worth I Watched the replays and some good wins by the Kiwis

Given the results round 2 heats should be hotly contested

Replies:
Posted By: Balciano
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:00pm
Looks a very even series mate, the amount of top class horses lost over the past 12 mths to long term injury / retirement / overseas is staggering.

Lazarus, Lennytheshark, Hectorjayjay, Bling it On and Chicago Bull were probably the 5 most recognisable standardbreds in the country. All injured/retired.

Soho Tribeca, Jiliby Kung Fu and The Storm Inside were the best of the up and coming stars. They're out injured too. After that the ranks are pretty thin. The Trotters series is similarly short on big names. Makes it hard to get too invested I guess.

On the positive side the evenness of the fields makes for some good betting contests. Like you I thought the Kiwi Spankem was impressive on night 1. Tonight should tell us a lot more.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 7:06pm
Given their silence pacing fans Mowie and Horseshoe must be on remand yet again.  ShockedCry

ps just joking.  Big smile

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:07pm
Very true balciano.

My biggest issue with the game is I no longer know when the good horses are racing.
Old days it was Harold Park on a Friday and the Valley on Saturday

There was continuity which created interest. Ow they seem to appear any day of the week

In regards to this year, I pegged Shadow Sax and Wrappers Delight.

Shadow went brilliantly but got injured and I thought Wrappers was a flop

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:18pm
With Shrunk here . Thumbs Up   Loved following the big names .  Christian Cullen.  Courage Under Fire,,,Blacks A Fake,,,etc  Now,,,who knows when they are going around ?   Very poor promotion from the harness racing mob. 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:25am
Don’t think we learnt much from last nights sprints.
Favourites all found the best positions on the pace and won accordingly

From what I’ve seen none of 5hem profile very well coming from off the pace so the finals draw will be the crucial thing I suspect

Posted By: jacko1
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Perhaps a reflection on myself but I suspect it shows how far the sport has fallen.

Why is it so?

It didn't help when the messed with the format a decade or so ago. Changing the way the series was done, qualifying, time of year etc. Once you start doing that the history of the competition gets lost and it's a bit like messing around with the Melbourne Cup, if you moved it to a Saturday and changed the distance it would feel like another event. 

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm
Spot on jacko. The crickets going the same way

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Why is it so?

It didn't help when the messed with the format a decade or so ago. Changing the way the series was done, qualifying, time of year etc. Once you start doing that the history of the competition gets lost and it's a bit like messing around with the Melbourne Cup, if you moved it to a Saturday and changed the distance it would feel like another event. 

Totally agree jacko1

The motto if it ain't broke, do not try and fix it, rings true here.

I am not sure who it was who wanted the format changed from one location over two or three weeks, but the fact that the series heats are run on different tracks, is to my admittedly limited knowledge, just not worth following as it makes it just another race.

Part of the Inter's allure was whether champions who had never run at Gloucester Park, would handle the circuit, and whether they could run well in the sprints, middle distances and staying trips.

It built up through the series, but now the series has no build up, and it is just the final which the avid supporters of the industry care about.

What great memories of Village Kid, Westburn Grant, Thorate and othere especially the NZ'ers like Blossom Lady and Master Musician among many others.    

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:45pm
I’m showing my age but I go back to Hondo Grattan , Markovina and the great Gammalite

Posted By: Glencoe
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:46pm
How about Caduceus. Listening with pictures of the mind in the family loungeroom well out in the country. No such thing as TV in our area until mid 60's
 If I remember correctly it was Caduceus 1,  Apmat 2, Maesro's Melody 3.
What a joy it was to be lucky enough to later get to Uni , 500Kms away & see them live at Wayville

Posted By: Glencoe
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 8:50pm
And I might add, get to Test Cricket at Adelaide Oval & as well as some exceptional Shield Cricket; Chappeli, Greg C, Mallet, Jenner , Barry Richards
Also proper Interstate football & SANFL grand Finals 60000+ crammed shoulder to shoulder
Oh and city girls!

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

How about Caduceus. Listening with pictures of the mind in the family loungeroom well out in the country. No such thing as TV in our area until mid 60's<div abp="1538"> If I remember correctly it was Caduceus 1,  Apmat 2, Maesro's Melody 3.<div abp="1539">What a joy it was to be lucky enough to later get to Uni , 500Kms away & see them live at Wayville

I was there Glencoe, 50 thousand others as well, " the mighty atom" was his Nic, 14h 2 in.
may have been Jack Watts driver, Apmat was owned by Rosehill racehorse trainer Morris Anderson and from memory was driven by Bert Alley ( H R Alley) both horses went to America , Harold Park at its memoriable best .

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

How about Caduceus. Listening with pictures of the mind in the family loungeroom well out in the country. No such thing as TV in our area until mid 60's<div abp="1538"> If I remember correctly it was Caduceus 1,  Apmat 2, Maesro's Melody 3.<div abp="1539">What a joy it was to be lucky enough to later get to Uni , 500Kms away & see them live at Wayville

I was there Glencoe, 50 thousand others as well, " the mighty atom" was his Nic, 14h 2 in.
may have been Jack Watts driver, Apmat was owned by Rosehill racehorse trainer Morris Anderson and from memory was driven by Bert Alley ( H R Alley) both horses went to America , Harold Park at its memoriable best .

Made a blue , Jack Litten was the driver that night , I'm sure JW had success though.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:03am
It’s and intriguing final following the barrier draw.
To those that watch more than I fo is it fair to say that many of look like stars when they lead but seem to struggle when they can’t?

Cruz Bromac and Spankem appears the 2 to beat... but I think Can’t Refuse and Uncle Sam have Hughe blow out chances at the odds

Front row: Galactic Star ($6), Cant Refuse ($101), Im Pats Delight ($4.50), Mach Doro ($51), Spankem ($2.90), Maximan ($126), Tiger Tara ($7.50).

Back row: San Carlo ($9), Cruz Bromac ($4.50), Our Uncle Sam ($41), Wrappers Delight ($51), Audi Hare (emerg, $201), Cash N Flow ($201)

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:04am
Sorry for the typos

Posted By: mowie
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:31pm
back tiger  tara ew an you can't lose imo.. super race I feel san carlo with luck is the other blow out chance as I see him starting 13 bucks the win. gates mean zero

-------------
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 8:00pm
I reckon SAN Carlo has been very average this series. Can’t possibly win, surely.

Tiger Tara has drawn poor, where will he be in the run?

Posted By: mowie
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:08pm
killer of a race! broke the track record wow weee

-------------
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

back tiger  tara ew an you can't lose imo.. super race I feel san carlo with luck is the other blow out chance as I see him starting 13 bucks the win. gates mean zero

Put a gap on them very quickly! Well done!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net