Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=62694
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Disgusting email sent to trainer
Posted By: crooked_gambler
Subject: Disgusting email sent to trainer
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:13pm
So someone used the contact us section on Michael Hickmotts website to send this after Monday’s Darwin cup using a false name , false phone number.
The up address has been handed over to the authorities who are investigating.

This is what was sent....

so let me get this straight, lieder the horse you train was absolutely crunched and backed off the map from 4.60 it opened at tab this morning into 3.40 by the time they jumped and it gets rolled? your a f&&&Ing sh&t trainer your an absolute joke of a trainer you mitt hopefully that cat lieder snaps it tendon hopefully you get cancer.

I’ve edited the swearing out.     What kind of filth writes that? I’m disgusted.

-------------
This space has been intentionally left blank

Replies:
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:13pm
IP address that should say, authorities are investigating

-------------

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:08am
This sought of stuff is a bit beyond the joke.

This idiot must have had his rent money on and if that is the case, he has a few more serious problems to work out than going to the trouble of finding a trainers web site, finding the contact link and then sitting down and typing that rubbish.

If you think trainers and jockeys are rorting the races then go and play the pokies to lose your money in a fair and honest way, well, then again...….

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: monty1
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:43am
This is not isolated, happens quite a lot, abuse by faceless people on social media.

Posted By: Sneck
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:15am
If you're involved in the wagering industry you should just suck it up.
You get paid by loser gamblers.
I've had worse said right to my face at the poker table.
Everyone wants to be a victim nowadays... pathetic.

Posted By: Sneck
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:22am
They used to hurl abuse at jockeys coming back into the yard and it's celebrated as part of racings folklore but god forbid someone gets sent an email.
I'm more offended by the false outrage in response.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:02am
Wishing a person to get cancer though? Or wishing a horse gets injured? That’s a little too far imo

-------------

Posted By: adolphus twirk
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:50pm
Nasty but not criminal.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by adolphus twirk adolphus twirk wrote:

Nasty but not criminal.

Racing authorities are investigating, unsure about the police.
They are looking into to see if it was a licensed person, hence the stewards could lay charges.
Last I heard it was tracked to an address in Moonee Ponds / Ascot Vale area

-------------

Posted By: therealkramer
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 12:41am
It wasn't me. I save my vitriol for jockeysEmbarrassed

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 12:37pm
Sore losers really s**t me off.   If  you cant stand the heat, leave the kitchen.  If you have to resort to wishing broken legs and cancer on anyone, you are one sick puppy.Wacko

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Sore losers really s**t me off.   If  you cant stand the heat, leave the kitchen.  If you have to resort to wishing broken legs and cancer on anyone, you are one sick puppy.Wacko

If losing punters leave the kitchen half the industry will be eating at a soup kitchen. What was said was in poor taste but it wasn't a threat. I actually thought the letter Bryce Hayes got, complete with tissues was hilarious. Criers aren't good losers eitherWink

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 9:07pm
If punters are that bad that they are losing so much they have to eat at a soup kitchen then they should be off to Gamblers Anon for some help, and give up the game.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:17pm

If punters are that bad that they are losing so much they have to eat at a soup kitchen then they should be off to Gamblers Anon for some help, and give up the game.

Actually I was referring to participants, trainers & jockeys in particular. But even winning punters are dependent on their losing counterparts. If you've read Jim Cassidy's book, or are familiar with his story, you'll know his case isn't atypical-there's not a huge market for unskilled labourer who didn't finish high school. Thankfully, this generation of hoops are a little conscious of their their post racing future

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by therealkramer therealkramer wrote:

Actually I was referring to participants, trainers & jockeys in particular. But even winning punters are dependent on their losing counterparts. If you've read Jim Cassidy's book, or are familiar with his story, you'll know his case isn't atypical-there's not a huge market for unskilled labourer who didn't finish high school. Thankfully, this generation of hoops are a little conscious of their their post racing future

LOLSo so right.  Yes, familiar with Pumper and his story, and agree .  But as you say, this new generation seem to be well versed on how to present properly.  Thankfully Thumbs Up

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: early4lunch
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

So someone used the contact us section on Michael Hickmotts website to send this after Monday’s Darwin cup using a false name , false phone number.
The up address has been handed over to the authorities who are investigating.

This is what was sent....

so let me get this straight, lieder the horse you train was absolutely crunched and backed off the map from 4.60 it opened at tab this morning into 3.40 by the time they jumped and it gets rolled? your a f&&&Ing sh&t trainer your an absolute joke of a trainer you mitt hopefully that cat lieder snaps it tendon hopefully you get cancer.

I’ve edited the swearing out.     What kind of filth writes that? I’m disgusted.

Posted By: early4lunch
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 8:36pm
the sort that just did a packet

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net