URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=62576
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 3:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Saturday Racing Blog July 14 2018
Posted By: Gay3
Subject: Saturday Racing Blog July 14 2018
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:26am

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Replies:
Posted By: Dizzy
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Good morning Gay3 and all. Big smile Good luck to everyone. Thumbs Up

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm
Just the two for me today at Rosehill:

R6 Al Galayel $4.2 - see thread

R7 Dreamforce - I was in the queue last start and still can't believe that Waller horse nailed him on the post. No Jungle Edge that he needs to drag them up to today, and he should be winning. In for another good prep and cherry ripe here third up.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Aurelius
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 12:05pm
Caulfield

R3   Rib Eye      $12.00 - 3.50

R4   Demolition   $3.80

Posted By: Prince of Penzance
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:26pm
Couple of interesting runners at Morphettville for Michelle Payne.

Including Bullitt County who is a known barrier rogue (loved to do a Chautauqua)
Has had stacks of trials and is making his debut for Michelle today

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 1:45pm
I think the Waller horse is a chance in the first at Wyong.

Horse Racing
https://www.ladbrokes.com.au/racing/2018-07-14/wyong-race-1/58488563-wyong-race-1/" rel="nofollow - Wyong Race 1
5. Waiheke - @ 3.20 BOOSTED

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Posted By: mowie
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:51pm
what a win in race 1 at cowra lol what a ride

-------------
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 2:59pm
Some effortShocked

http://twitter.com/UBET/status/1017965464494850048" rel="nofollow - http://twitter.com/UBET/status/1017965464494850048

-------------

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:09pm
Hoo-bloody-rah. My punting has been all over the shop lately (albeit with a fair dose of bad luck - horses dying, bolting on the jockey........) but pulled the right rein with Guizot. Just a fabulous ride by Ben Allen who knew Mantastic would take him into the race. Pity the tote didn't hold up a little better. Was showing $18 just before the jump when books were $9.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Some effortShocked

http://twitter.com/UBET/status/1017965464494850048" rel="nofollow - http://twitter.com/UBET/status/1017965464494850048

Saw something similar posted here??? recently which also won iirc. Others must be mediocre. 

Watched right to the end and it makes you draw breath. Unexpected finish.  Fingers crossed she's just winded and sore.

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:26pm
Got up and walked away 3bm

-------------

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:37pm
Bad luck Asterius bled from both nostrils he looked to have a promising future, not now I'm afraid, 3-70 out to 5-10, no confidence in betting either.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:38pm
Thanks PT. Vision at the end was quite a shock and after Grafton I'm not looking for any more for quite some time. Racing can be gut-churning at times.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:48pm
Rachel King and Bowman in that Rhill race - looked to be a crazy pace before the turn. Backers have a right to complain about their tactics at first glance.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Including Bullitt County who is a known barrier rogue (loved to do a Chautauqua)

Ran last in 4 trials - she's no Gai!LOL

I'll put this bloke back in my BB - should have won 3 or 4 staying races, where he's made up more than the distances he missed the start by - with mine on him!!!Cry ... has ability, and if she can get his manners right, they might give Chautauqua to her!Wink

Cheers POP.Thumbs Up

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Hoo-bloody-rah. My punting has been all over the shop lately (albeit with a fair dose of bad luck - horses dying, bolting on the jockey........) but pulled the right rein with Guizot. Just a fabulous ride by Ben Allen who knew Mantastic would take him into the race. Pity the tote didn't hold up a little better. Was showing $18 just before the jump when books were $9.

Clap 

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: therealkramer
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:58pm
Zac Spain sent one out quaddie punters straight to the Brexit there. A weak ride on the ironically named Masculino. 

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:12pm
Suspect most of us are still alive.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:20pm
Nothing wrong with the ride imo.Barrier left him with no choices in the run. Thought he might kick up early but half a dozen went mad and he would have been 3wnc so slotted in. Smart riding. If the winner ran the 2000m his weight and turn of hoof (last start sectionals were excellent albeit over 1600m) were always going to make him difficult to hold off. Plenty had Mt Kilcoy as their banker.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:23pm
Spot on Blinder.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Suspect most of us are still alive.

Yeah figured as much. Was just happy with what came to my mind.LOL

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 5:33pm
Gee they came for Voodoo Lad. When I was looking last night he was easing at ~$4.40

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Caulfield

R4   Demolition   $3.80

Morphettville

R7   Rat With Goldtooth   $3.00

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Nothing wrong with the ride imo.Barrier left him with no choices in the run. Thought he might kick up early but half a dozen went mad and he would have been 3wnc so slotted in. Smart riding. If the winner ran the 2000m his weight and turn of hoof (last start sectionals were excellent albeit over 1600m) were always going to make him difficult to hold off. Plenty had Mt Kilcoy as their banker.

Worked early and for too long while the 2nd fav never spent a dime. Look at the margin. No point claiming if you can't go forward.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:17pm
Woohoo Mandela Effect. Did you back it Gay3?

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:20pm
No, I listened to Scotty this morning & he gave it the real 'slows' i.e. very immature mentally, does heaps wrong, looks a strong field & wide barrier but the trip will be the making of him LOL
Ah well, puts a nice bit of coin into the coffers for an $18k pick Wink

Did you happen to?

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:39pm

Caulfield

R4   Demolition   $3.80

Morphettville

R7   Rat With Goldtooth   $3.00

Caulfield

R9   Barthelona   $2.70

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:40pm
Kenjorwood for a place at $26

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:44pm
I did Gay, just a couple eachway.

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:50pm
Eff me dead had Call Me Handsome win only and one out for 80% of quad - don't want to watch that replay.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 6:56pm
Stiff bikkies Stayer.

However winners are grinners as I had all three placings plus two others all going for around 17% of the quad.  Go Tassie racing, go Tassie Tipping!  Tongue

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:03pm
Well done SC. Stupid having CMH one out anyway, but I was looking forward to it as my main bet of the day last bloody race, and took it one out in quad just for fun. That's racing. And mug punting 101.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Ran last in 4 trials - she's no Gai!LOL

I'll put this bloke back in my BB - should have won 3 or 4 staying races, where he's made up more than the distances he missed the start by - with mine on him!!!Cry ... has ability, and if she can get his manners right, they might give Chautauqua to her!Wink

Cheers POP.Thumbs Up

Up to his old tricks. Did a Chautauqua again!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 8:28pm
BULLITT COUNTY (M. Payne) – left at post and took no part in the event. Trainer Ms M. Payne was advised the gelding must jump with the field in three Official Barrier Trial’s in which it must wear the same gear on each occasion prior to accepting for a future race. Trainer advised she would recommend to owners that the gelding be retired.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 9:24pm
She's no Paddy either, although that WAS a big ask! ... how would you like to own him!!!Ouch

-------------

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:51pm
Interesting to know if the farrier has flown over to inspect Redkirk Warriors feet, if he has we may see an improved horse, does anyone know if this has occurred?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net