Print Page | Close Window

Thai Cave Rescue

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=62558
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Thai Cave Rescue
Posted By: Heavy10
Subject: Thai Cave Rescue
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:13pm
Surprised there is no thread for this...wukl be amazing effort if they can get them all out. Heavy rain is now falling, not good

Replies:
Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:31pm
So thinking of those boys.  Just to live thru 10 days in the dark in that place, not knowing where they were or what to do, and still be sane and looking happy, is a miracle.  One hour in there in the dark and I would be a blithering idiot.  Fingers crossed for them, and they all get out.
What a massive undertaking by those cave rescue people just to find them.   Oh I am so thinking of them and hoping for a good outcome.

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:32am
First 2 out a few minutes ago.

Hope the others follow asap

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:15am
4 are now out, with another attempt to get some more out by around 11AM Australian Eastern time under way, and the rest over 24 hours.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:06am

-------------

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Swimming underwater in the dark in a very confined space would be terrifying. Throw in the risk of hypothermia and these kids will be facing a very difficult exit.
And then the rain has made it worse because they all have to swim out against the current.
With one diver already dead it is no east task for anyone.

I'm glad it isn't me. Good luck to them and the divers.

The media are having a field day though.
This morning channel 7's Koshy described the passage in an animated way as being no larger than a man's head. Yet last night the 'choke' was the narrowest part of the passage at 60 cm diameter.

You've got a big head Koshy.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:35am
Very little swimming involved. Swimming would be a luxury. More crawling, squeezing and pulling on guide-line.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:40am
Don’t know why we need 5000 media getting in the way. Let the authorities do there thing

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:59am
SBS news last night said the media have been moved to 4kms away.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 1:30pm
Imagine having to choose who goes first etc, and imagine being those first 4 boys, leaving your buddies behind.    The conditions would be unimaginable for those of us who have never done this sort of thing.   Having already lost an expert Navy Seal, the mind boggles at how they are going to get everyone out alive.  Thoughts are with them for a safe release for all.

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:09pm
The big question is , WHY would any idiot take a team of kids into such and area in the first place.

Still ,     I could ask Barnaby why he would find himself in such dangerous places too.        . AND he was running the Country.

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:49pm
If you had followed the story Macca they went in there to get out of a storm, it started to flood so it appeared they went further in and that's when the drama started, not knowing the terrain they were heading into trouble, that's my take, fwiw.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 4:57pm
A Dutch diver assisting with the rescue said the 12 boys were led into the caves by their soccer coach as part of an initiation ritual where they inscribe their names on one of the rock faces.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/friends-of-the-stranded-thai-soccer-team-claim-boys-ignored-warnings/news-story/5b275c2b688ace1ea0affdcd2c0bdf75" rel="nofollow - http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/friends-of-the-stranded-thai-soccer-team-claim-boys-ignored-warnings/news-story/5b275c2b688ace1ea0affdcd2c0bdf75

-------------

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:16pm
Despite warning signs about the caves being dangerous and prone to flooding outside the entrance he took them in , so he disobeyed all warnings and when the rains came and flooded the entrance they were led further back in and in, is that how you read it PT?

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:22pm
Yes carioca, that is the logical explanation of what happened to them. Once trapped they went higher inside.. I doesn't explain how they came to be in there though, and probably, only they would know for sure, so the fact the reason is coming from a Dutch rescue diver suggests he or another diver asked them. Would also explain the coach apologizing to the parents. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:21pm
any more out yet ??

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:39pm
One so far tonight AA

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 11:55pm
Only one ??   OMG.   This is going to be a long rescue .   Meanwhile its raining.
Got to feel for everyone involved. 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:49am
That has now gone up to 3 and possibly 4 today

Posted By: Baguette
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:59am
There bringing them out in daily batches of 4 from what I can work out. It's something like 4 and half kilometres and they have to come out against the current. Amazing if they can get it done. I'm mildly claustrophobic so the whole thing fills me with horror!

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:11pm
Hidden posts were totally irrelevant to the subject, please keep gutter content out of threads Disapprove

-------------

Posted By: Prince of Penzance
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

There bringing them out in daily batches of 4 from what I can work out. It's something like 4 and half kilometres and they have to come out against the current. Amazing if they can get it done. I'm mildly claustrophobic so the whole thing fills me with horror!

5 hours in and 6 hours back. They are hopeful to get the last 4 children out today.
Then the adult.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:18pm
So they have 8 out now ?  How good is that !!!ClapI too am  hugely claustrophobic and cant even imagine getting thru those spaces, but you would never have got me in there anyway.  Its amazing what humans can do when everyone works together.  All those people from so many different countries and religions, all working together for those kids.  Just hoping for the remainder to be safe now, and all the divers too.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:33pm
Yes 8 are now in hospital.
Being kept separate from families at this stage, due to risk of disease/infection.
All currently being looked afte in hospital

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm
They just said some may be able to go home tomorrow. Having not eaten for 10 days, they also had to make sure their stomachs were ok for solid normal food. Many had wanted spicy food but were not allowed till they were cleared.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
They will be continued to be monitored, some diseases could talk months before effects are shown.

Also mentally, they will be scarred for life now.
Hope they have good child psychologists to help them

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:59pm
I'm not too sure about the mental scarring, Asians in general are a helluva lot tougher than we pampered ones in the Lucky Country.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I'm not too sure about the mental scarring, Asians in general are a helluva lot tougher than we pampered ones in the Lucky Country.

True.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:49pm
Best story in a long time ... I'll watch the movie!Thumbs Up

Will Chris Hemsworth play the Aussie Hero?

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 7:02pm
appears they are in the process of bringing out the last 4 kids and coach.  Hope it all goes well and is soon over for all concerned.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:07am
All now rescued

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:10am
All of them ??  All out ??   OMG how good is that !!   Only sad thing is the death of the navy seal.  What a wonderful outcome.

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:11am

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:25am
Everyone is out.

Saman Kunan will never be forgotten, he is a true hero.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:17pm
Fantastic story of human bravery, perseverance and ingenuity ... but only half told ... 

Now, what tf were they doing, 12 young boys and their "soccer coach" 4 kms underground, inside a cave?Confused

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:32pm
Sad twist for the Aussie Doctor Richard Harris who was the last one out of the cave, who found out upon returning that his father had passed away back here in Aus

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:42pm
Wow, that's terrible, but just another thread to what will be a cracking yarn when it is brought to the silver screen!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Sad twist for the Aussie Doctor Richard Harris who was the last one out of the cave, who found out upon returning that his father had passed away back here in Aus

Ah that's crap. My dad's a doctor and he and mum were hoping he got out ok.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Ah that's crap. My dad's a doctor and he and mum were hoping he got out ok.

The doctor was okay. It was his father who is back in Aus that passed away.

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:15pm
Yep got that. Just sad to hear. Hopefully what he did will help him.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:12am
A massive effort by all to get all of them out safe and sound.   All the people involved in that rescue are heros.    So very sad about the Dr,s dad.   I hope Dr  Harris takes comfort knowing he helped save 13 lives, and his Dad would be proud. 

-------------
animals before people.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net